• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

how long have you spent in NMZ, and is it to easy?

Started by granitecrab, January 06, 2017, 07:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granitecrab

Looking to join a relaxed clan that does loads of optional events?

Click here to join.
Here's our Discord or you can join 'WG_CC' clan chat in game!

its well know that NMZ is one of the best ways to get your combats maxed out or to 90, due to it's high XP per hour, cost effectiveness with the rock cake absorption potion method, as well as being of use on almost any setup, and its relatively low requirements.

what i ask is a question i found on the Reddit community.

Question one: do you think NMZ is making it far to easy to train combats?

Question two: how much time have you spent at NMZ?

(it doesn't have to be exact, but think about how much time you have spent on average and try to come up with a number of hours, days, and or weeks.)

my answer are:

1: this kind of content is fine with me, if i was not using NMZ i'd just use bandits.

2: i think maybe like a full weeks of in-game time.

also to note:
currently i'm 85 attack, 90 str, 72 defense, 84 HP, 62 range, and 66 magic. and i am currently making anywhere form 82k to 85k a hour in melee exp, and 26k to 27k a hour in HP exp.

i'm going on a adventure!

Smile

I constantly live at NMZ and have been for any account ive made :) its very fair

perpetually high.

Lait_Choco

NMZ is indeed a very interesting option to train your combat skills. It also gives nice rewards IMO.

Question one: do you think NMZ is making it far to easy to train combats?
Kinda. It isn't a hard minigame to learn and "playing" it isn't that hard either, as it is pretty much AFK.
I think it's easy but not far too easy. You still need to do 5 quests to enter and gear/setup for the first time can be expensive for some. + For decent XP rates you need good gear and stats.

Question two: how much time have you spent at NMZ?
No idea, but I'm sure not much. Just enough to imbue my rings/slay helmet.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

Mojo

Well I think you still need to spend a considerable amount of time in NMZ to get max combat stats.

Personally I got max melee and 98 mage (splashing) and 97 range (blowpipe) from NMZ. Finished the last two off with chins/bursts.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Vio

I've probably spent around 100 hours at NMZ - enough to imbue the neccesary stuff a few times over.

When I got my melee 99s in RS2 the final stretches were done at Armoured Zombies.
NMZ doesn't seem as fast as AZs, but it is more afkable and certainly easier to access.

I think a better question would be is NMZ the appropriate way to train combat?
Let's remember that NMZ is supposed to be the OSRS equivalent of the Dominion Tower.
Should players be using a minigame solely as a method for gaining XP?

Mojo

Quote from: Vio on January 07, 2017, 06:39:22 AM
I've probably spent around 100 hours at NMZ - enough to imbue the neccesary stuff a few times over.

When I got my melee 99s in RS2 the final stretches were done at Armoured Zombies.
NMZ doesn't seem as fast as AZs, but it is more afkable and certainly easier to access.

I think a better question would be is NMZ the appropriate way to train combat?
Let's remember that NMZ is supposed to be the OSRS equivalent of the Dominion Tower.
Should players be using a minigame solely as a method for gaining XP?
A few months before the release of EoC I used the dagannoth twins in Dominion Tower to get max melee. If you only hit one of them then the other would constantly heal it and the XP rates with dharoks were decent, just like NMZ.

My point being that it's happened multiple times and Jagex don't really seem to mind it. They even tweaked NMZ to make it easier to select bosses to train on.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Teequoze

1 hour spend at nmz got most of my cb exp with bandits, slayer bossing and pking

Celtic

I personally think NMZ is fair since they removed the 6hour guthans method. That was the only time i had a problem with it. I've only used it to imbue slayer helm and Rings. I'd prefer to train on other things for combat xp.