• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

PvM Raids

Started by Mojo, January 05, 2017, 10:56:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Raids was released today, what has been your initial reaction to it?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Rebourne

all this effort for such a reward :') :') :') :'). But i think when everyone knows what to do it will speed up the raids.
Victorian throatsinging lessons for 1b/hour.

Sammyger

What Rebourne said... Rewards need to be adjusted. Other than that people just need to learn every room variation.

Celtic

I think the rewards are fair and just, the better you do at raids the better rewards, i think they should make a medium tier raid and a higher tier raid but people wanted more end game content. But the way they did the rooms and the way you have to get through the raid is great. The mechanics to OLM scream raid boss that have taken ideas from other MMOs and i love it. Gives people something to look forward to. Good job on them to get around Class systems in raids like other MMOs A different perspective on them and well done.

DroVillain

Need to try this sometime. Haven't done a single one yet

WG Genesis

I think Olm is very similar to Nex (not that it's a bad thing). The wall of fire = wall of ice. The red circle where you get targeted is similar to the blood phase. The siphon is also similar to the blood phase. The crystals that protrude from the ground to do damage are similar to the shadow phase. Haven't done Nex since 2012 so that's all I remember.

All in all, I think they're fun and a good addition to oldschool. They'll be even better once people figure out the mechanics of different bosses. This is how bosses should essentially be (similar to GWD) where you generally lose some money or make little profit but have a chance at big drops. I'm not the biggest fan of bosses such as Zulrah (if you can call that a boss) because making consistent but small chunks of money should be what skilling does.