• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

News:

HELLO DOES THIS ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING

Main Menu

Ranks

Started by His Lordship, June 17, 2011, 02:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

Ranks

If you want a brief overview of all the member ranks in WG check the groups page here: http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?action=groups. Otherwise, read on!

This section details the different ranks of WG, non-clan and past, and the roles and responsibilities for members who hold each rank.

CONTENTS

WG Ranks
    - Staff Ranks
    - PvP Ranks
    - Non-PvP Ranks
Non-Clan Ranks
Deprecated Ranks

WG Ranks

Staff Ranks

Only held by His Lordship
The Founder of WG is His Lordship and there is no higher authority.
His Lordship assumes this rank when he cannot be active.

Currently vacant.

The Leader is the final decision-maker of the clan. As well as representing the syndicate in its ventures, the leader carries out the major changes and clan functions. His or her main responsibility is to decide the clan's direction to ensure success, and he/she has the final say in all clan matters. A leader may also take part in the duties of other staff members such as the processing of applications, hosting and leadership of events, and so on.

New leaders are hand-picked by the current leadership - though the likelihood of this happening is exceedingly rare due to the long tenure of the current leadership.

Formerly known as Second-in-Command.

The Advisors of the clan serve as assistant leaders. Their main role is to assist the Leader in clan duties such as diplomatic relations (wars and alliances), membership applications and graduations, ranks, and so on. A crucial element of the advisor role is communication with other members, in order to gain a strong awareness of the clan's state (strengths and weaknesses), and to decide on a course of action for growth and improvement.

New advisors are hand-picked by the current leadership, or elected democratically through a voting process.

The Head Warlord is an Advisor rank with the main focus of leading the clan in terms of PvP. The Head Warlord's responsibilities are a combination of the Warlords' and Advisors', more specifically focusing on the wars and raids (organisation and leadership). With the introduction of Advisors and Raidmasters (now Warlords), the rank was removed along with the rest of the Council during The Reckoning in 2011. However, it was reintroduced when Old School RS was released. The position is sometimes vacant.

The Application Manager is in charge of applications. They assist Advisors and Leaders by interviewing new members and processing their application and graduation topics. They also help with other general staff duties such as Forum, IRC and TeamSpeak moderation.

Application Managers are either hand picked or picked through an application process.

Formerly known as Raid Leader and Raidmaster.

The Warlords are in charge of the clan's PvP element, and have a major say in terms of in-game success. They must be well-strengthened and experienced in terms of organising and leading the clan in PvP events such as wars and raids. This involves covering all aspects of a PvP event's organisation: arrrangement, planning and sign-ups (and post-event duties such as the Report and attendance); as well as the actual leadership which involves choosing piles and transitioning, taking fall-ins, calling, and so on. Attributes such as a clear and positive-sounding calling voice and a high combat level are also helpful.

Warlords are generally elected democratically through a voting process, or through self-nomination where nominees are chosen by the staff.

Formerly known as Event Leader.

The Eventmasters are in charge of non-PvP. They have a crucial say in the clan's community element, as they have the responsibility of creating events for the fun and enjoyment of members outside the raiding and warring area. Like Warlords, they share the duties of organising and leading the events in order to ensure their success.

Eventmasters are generally elected democratically through a voting process, or through self-nomination where nominees are chosen by the staff.

The Forum Tech is responsible for the technical side of the clan, in particular the creation, hosting and administration of the forums, IRC (RobbieBot) and TeamSpeak. He/she provides the foundations for the clan to grow on, and also plays a major part in the community aspect of the clan. The current Forum Tech is irreplacable.

PvP Ranks

Elite Guardian is the highest non-staff PvP rank in the clan, and is awarded to those who have shown they are devoted members to WildGuard. Elite Guardians have served loyally for many months and are renowned as members to whom others respect and look up to. They are forum-and event active, with posts to a high-quality standard, a postive and friendly attitude, and overall displaying a positive image for the clan.

Select High Guardians are chosen to be promoted to Elite by the leadership once per month.

Formerly known as Higher Guardian.

High Guardian is the first step up from the normal Guardian rank. It is awarded to members who are helpful, enthusiastic, mature, active and polite. Loyalty to the clan (shown in having remained a member of the clan for a certain amount of time) and participation are very important factors. High Guardians have proven that they can be good role models for other members.

Select Guardians are chosen to be promoted to High by the leadership once per month.

The Guardian rank is the first standard member rank. The Guardian rank shows that a person has met the standards and expectations of a member of WildGuard.

Initiate Guardians receive the rank of Guardian upon successful graduation.

Formerly known as Trial Guardian.

The Initiate stage is the "trial" stage of the clan. Applicants are required to go through initiation to ensure that they will remain an active and dedicated member by working towards a successful graduation. The initiate stage involves attending events, being forum & IRC active, being friendly and mature, and overall showing willingness to join and support the clan.

Non-clan members receive the rank of Initiate Guardian upon successful application.

The Emeritus rank is similar to a retired rank - members who have retired from the game, but wish to remain part of the WG community. Emeriti are mainly relieved from the requirement of attending RuneScape events constantly, while retaining member-class involvement in the clan on the forums, IRC and TeamSpeak. However, the rank is not easily earned - it is reserved for ex-Staff members and a very small number of Elite or High ranks.

Non-PvP Ranks

Elite Guildsman is the non-PvP equivalent to Elite Guardian - the highest and most prestigious rank available to non-staff members. It is achieved through a show of devotion and loyalty, and awared to members whom lower ranks can respect and look up to.

Select High Guildsmen are chosen to be promoted to Elite by the leadership once per month.

High Guildsman is the second non-PvP rank above Guildsman, equivalent to the High Guardian. Members who obtain the rank have shown good levels of helpfulness, enthusiasm, maturity, activity and politeness.

Select Guildsmen are chosen to be promoted to High by the leadership once per month.

Guildsman is the standard non-PvP member rank, equivalent to the Guardian.

Initiate Guildsmen receive the rank of Guildsman upon successful graduation.

The Initiate stage is the "trial" stage of the clan - Initiate Guildsmen are the non-PvP equivalent of Initiate Guardians. The process of graduation involves attending events, being forum & IRC active, being friendly and mature, and overall showing willingness to join and support the clan.

Non-clan members receive the rank of Initiate Guildsman upon successful application.

Non-Clan Ranks

Formerly known as Clan Allies.

Emissaries are diplomatic spokespersons from our allying clans. Their role on WG forums is to ensure the constant strength of our alliances through joint events and involvement in the community, as well as providing status reports to their respective clans. Emissaries are usually staff members of the allying clan(s).

Ex-members are members who have previously retained the rank of Guardian or Guildsman, but have resigned from the clan itself. They have similar forum access to guests, and are free to re-apply at any time. Ex-members can also bypass the respective Initiate stage, if they resigned six or less months ago. Sometimes they are required to graduate again if they join another clan in between.

Clan Friend is the default rank given to all new registered users. Most clans will call this rank "guest" but WG chooses the more friendly and welcoming name of Clan Friend. Initiates are returned to this rank if they leave the clan.

Formerly known as Banned.

Exiled members are those who have been banished from either clan. Exile status involves permenant removal from the forums, IRC, TeamSpeak, association in-game, and from the clan's community in general. This status cannot be revoked except in the rare situation where the leadership has made a mistake. A list of exiled members can be found here.

Deprecated Ranks

Council

The Council was first implemented in 2005, and remained up until The Reckoning in 2011. Over the years, the number of Council members varied, the lowest number being only one, and the peak at seven at once. Generally the Council consisted of one Second-in-Command, one Warlord and the rest standard Council members. The rank was removed during WG.com-SMF transition, and replaced with a single Advisor rank.

Epic Graphics Designer

The Epic Graphics Designer was based around the production of media, specifically in terms of WG signatures and avatars for use on fansites and so. The Designer would also manage the production of awards for ceremonies such as the bi-annual Summer and Winter awards. Winddancir was the only Epic Graphics Designer, and the rank remained unused following her departure during the second WG.com era.

Future Applicant

In distant WG history, a future applicant system was implemented. However, due to complications, the system has been replaced with the Initiate (formerly Trial) stages, and on a larger scale, Descendant Guardians.

Historian

The Historian rank was created in 2010, for the purpose of curating the historical elements of the clan. While mostly based around historical research, the rank did had some definite tasks. These included the creation and management of the clan's Wiki pages, the website's extended history and photo galleries, and forum features such as the "On This Day" script. WG Keanu was the only Historian, and the rank was removed when he took leadership of Descendant Guardians during The Reckoning.

The Moderator rank was introduced in very early history, and used up until the second WG.com era. Moderators had the task of simply moderating on the forums and IRC. With the amount of staff compared to clan members, the rank became redundant and was removed in 2008. Moderators at the time became Application Managers.

Sector Leader (Wilderness/Skills/Community)

During the z6 era, the clan split into three different sectors - Wilderness, Skills and Community. Each sector had it's own leader, who organised and managed the sector. Due to disputes between the groups, the program was abolished during the early second WG.com era, and the leader ranks along with it.

Deprecated DG ranks

Upon the closure of DG in 2013 all of the DG ranks are now deprecated:

[spoiler=Deprecated DG ranks]
DG Ranks

Currently held by DG Keanu

The leader of DG shares the role and responsibilities for the WG leader, but for the junior clan. Like the WG leader, it involves the major changes and clan functions and the overall responsibility of directing the clan to ensure success.

New leaders are hand-picked by the current leadership.

The Advisors of DG serves as assistant leaders to the DG leader. They shares the roles of the WG Advisors - diplomatics, applications, graduations, ranks, and communication with members to obtain an overview of the clan and how to improve.

New advisors are hand-picked by the current leadership, or elected democratically through a voting process.

Raid Commander

The Raid Commander is the DG equivalent of a Raidmaster or mistress. They control DG's PvP element - the organisation and leadership of all wars, raids and other PvP events. Strength and experience in leading clans in PvP is neccesary. Attributes such as a clear and positive-sounding calling voice and a high combat level are also helpful.

Raid Commanders are generally elected democratically through a voting process, or through self-nomination where nominees are chosen by the staff.

Event Commander

The Event Commander is the DG equivalent of an Eventmaster or mistress. They control DG's non-PvP (community) element - organisation and leadership of all events outside the wilderness, and catering for the needs of members in terms of fun and enjoyment.

Event Commanders are are generally elected democratically through a voting process, or through self-nomination where nominees are chosen by the staff.

Because the WG and DG forums are integrated, one technician serves as Forum Tech for both syndicates - administrating the forums and organising IRC/TeamSpeak for all members.

Elite Soldier is the DG equivalent to Elite Guardian - the highest and most prestigious rank available to non-staff members. It is achieved through a show of devotion and loyalty, and awared to members whom lower ranks can respect and look up to.

Select High Soldiers are chosen to be promoted to Elite by the leadership once per month.

High Soldier is the second DG rank above Soldier, equivalent to the WG High Guardian. Members who obtain the rank have shown good levels of helpfulness, enthusiasm, maturity, activity and politeness.

Select Soldiers are chosen to be promoted to High by the leadership once per month.

Soldier is the standard DG member rank, equivalent to the WG Guardian.

Initiate Soldiers receive the rank of Soldier upon successful graduation.

The Initiate stage is the "trial" stage of the clan - Initiate Soldiers are the DG equivalent of WG's Initiate Guardians. The process of graduation involves attending events, being forum & IRC active, being friendly and mature, and overall showing willingness to join and support the clan.

Non-clan members receive the rank of Initiate Soldier upon successful application.

The DG Emeritus rank corresponds to the WG rank of the same name. DG Emeriti have the same abilities for the junior clan, and they must also have been a DG staff member at one point to be eligible for the rank.[/spoiler]

Al

awesome, i don't mean to poke at the name in any way but for the DG ranks don't you think event coordinator sounds more appropriate than commander? commander should be for like warring names, right?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

His Lordship

Coordinator sounded too industrial to me... too modern. Commander has a more medieval fantasy ring to it I think, though if you have a similar alternate I'll consider it.

DestroyerDmc

Really cool with all the new names, only thing is the initiate guardian is kinda hard to read.

Creeper975

Yer the news names are pretty cool :)

George

I think it's such a shame that the legacy of 'Council' has been removed, but then again I agree with the changes, it's just a shame :)
Great new names, they sound fresh and.... dunno, yeah medieval!

Kyle

Ah I remember being an App Manager/Mod/Community leader! Good times :P The new ranks are amazing, good job to those that worked on them!

Kriese

Loving the new ranks.

Robertwb69

Quote from: DestroyerDmc on June 21, 2011, 10:11:16 AM
Really cool with all the new names, only thing is the initiate guardian is kinda hard to read.
I agree with that. At first I thought it was just because I'm color blind but I guess other people think the same.

Vio

Ok guys, ctrl+f5 and tell me if that's any better

And meh, it does look slightly lighter than Guardian, but then we'd have to change ALL the ranks... spare me please  :-\

Robertwb69

I pressed ctrl and f5. Looks like it changed a little bit not much though.
Initiate is still hard to make out for me.

PineappleTom

Quote from: Sativas on June 21, 2011, 08:53:22 PM
I pressed ctrl and f5. Looks like it changed a little bit not much though.
Initiate is still hard to make out for me.

First thing I said to Keanu yesterday was this lol :D

Vephy

Council and Warlord were cool ranks.  Going to miss those.  Don't see why Advisor can't at least be called Council to at least retain that a bit.  Not much of a change, just a name thing.

Dorcha3377

Nice changes, new forums, new titles. I like it a lot.

Keith

Excellent changes to the names, I like the feel of them much more

His Lordship

Quote from: Vephy on June 21, 2011, 10:12:18 PM
Council and Warlord were cool ranks.  Going to miss those.  Don't see why Advisor can't at least be called Council to at least retain that a bit.  Not much of a change, just a name thing.

I wanted to distance us from the old WG as much as possible.
Our past became very burdening, so to emphasize the fresh start, I renamed the ranks. Advisor is also a limited, singular role. The Raidmasters (I am thinking) will all double as warlords.

Armybuilder

Commander is mainly naval. Not Army wise.
RaidMarshal

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Seb

raid marshal sounds good

BeeBee

Quote from: Armybuilder on June 23, 2011, 02:19:24 AM
Commander is mainly naval. Not Army wise.
RaidMarshal

Raid Guardian is unique or maybe just Raid Lord
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

James

Very well done with the badges and writing out all the aspects of one of these ranks, shows how dedicated you are you and some of the council should get the "God" rank since to be quite frank the clan would not function without you. Thanks

Scimmy

What's considered a DG Staff member?
"It began with a scorpion"
[spoiler=My Hall of Fame]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

Quote from: Scimmy on November 11, 2012, 02:09:31 AM
What's considered a DG Staff member?
This is out of date, the WG+DG staff have merged duties now.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

Fix the broken pics and condense WG/DG since they are now merged?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Unarchiving this due to interest from members, not that it is a little out of date though. I'll see if I can update it this week.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Flames377