• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

First time gaming build

Started by Lil rewind, October 30, 2011, 01:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil rewind

Going to build a new gamign rig just wanted to know if theres anything i missed/could be improved

http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/2c087c3291764d17be6a7a8ca7eaa8b0

Probably get a 3d screen, and yes i know Nvidia is generally better for 3d gaming, but 3 screen eyeinfinity really appeals to me.

Also hoping to stick 2 more gpu's and 3d screens in there in the future.
<@Lordy|AFK> I wanna be the human snitch
<@Lordy|AFK> There's nothing like being chased by hot sweaty boys

JC

If money is a concern at all there's a few areas I would change to save a bit:

• The i7 2600K isn't a huge upgrade over the i5 2500K, and if you're going with an aftermarket cooler then you don't need a retail box, you can get OEM which is about £5 cheaper: i5 2500k £161.75
  • The motherboard that you've got selected is really only suitable for dual GPU's as the third PCIe slot is restricted to 1/4 of max bandwidth if the other two are populated (the other two will run at x8/x8 if they're both in use which won't have a huge performance penalty).
  • The SSD you've picked has a reputation for having alot of issues lately (along with every other SSD using the Sandforce 22XX series), personally I'd recommend going with a Crucial M4 instead which has a much better reputation: 128GB Crucial M4 £151.34
  • 16gb of ram is excessive for gaming, you'll never use anything like that, but it does seem to be an alright price.  I'd probably downgrade to 8gb: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair XMS3 £42.19
  • That Hard drive seems really expensive, you've got a fast SSD for your OS & Software so I'd go for a cheap low power 2TB drive like this: Seagate Barracuda 2TB £125.39

Overall your savings would be (doing the above):

• £80 on the CPU
  • £40 on the RAM
  • £50 on the Hard drive

Which easily covers the extra expense of the more reliable SSD as well as getting you a significant way towards a second Graphics Card (Or you could go for two of these instead straight away: XFX HD6950 2GB version £196.43)
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Mark

I set the standard.

Taibz

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]