• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

What sports did/do you guys play?

Started by 69 COMBAT, May 14, 2017, 06:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 COMBAT

Just wanted to see if any of our members currently play or what  they played. I play Lacrosse and hockey currently. Goalie for both sports. Basketball just for fun

Shady2gunz

I was a Linemen for All of Middle school and Highschool. Left guard all those years. Sometimes would let the QB get sacked if the son of a bitch was acting way too high and mighty :P

Mojo

I cycle for my job and for leisure. Used to play a bit of tennis and I also play darts every week (if you call it a sport :P )
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Booska

I was a split end for the football team for a few years and played baseball for a couple years. Now that I'm a senior and graduating I just stick to playing paintball every weekend with team/ casually. Also been snowboarding for 11 years and that pretty much takes up all of my winter. Moving to Oregon this summer though, I'll be able to ride over the summer at some of the mountains there haha

DroVillain

Started with baseball, played AAU and all the way into highschool. Switched around from outfield to shortstop/1st base and pitched when I was younger. Also played Football, was the starting QB for my highschool in Orlando. Basketball I picked up in 5th grade played in middle school and highschool but did not start, was a point guard and averaged around 15-20 minutes a game. Tried lax, I sucked but I made the team, played like 5 minutes that season lol.

WG Genesis

Story time lads. Buckle up.

Played a lot of football (soccer for you Americans) through my school years. Spent every lunch break + before classes + after school playing football. Mainly played goalie and always got picked first but ended up breaking my left wrist twice and twisted it really bad (cast) once so stopped with the goalie. Moved to defender for a while after that until my last couple of years where I was busy during those times.

I then started playing indoor football (still soccer) with my elder brothers and their friends for a few months until a certain incident. So if you don't know, indoor footballs are a lot heavier than normal balls. Well, one of my brothers who was on my team got passed the ball and he immediately shot it. He missed the proper shot and instead hit it with the tip of his foot which makes the hit super strong but insanely inaccurate. It just so happened that I was standing in the way (literally 1 metre away). I brainfarted at that instant and instead of turning around or moving sideways, I decided to jump up and open my legs in the hopes that the ball would pass between my legs (fuck you brain). NOPE. Ball hit me square in the nuts. What followed was tears of both pain and laughter (from both me and everyone present). This clip describes it well: https://youtu.be/__3DpIJilQI?t=1m10s

Well, I was told to "walk it off" so I went to take a piss and it hurt A LOT. Other brother told me to not be a pussy and play so I did, albeit with a lot of pain. I went to the doctor the next day. Turns out there was blood in my urine and I got a testicle infection. My left nut was twice the size of the right. I couldn't even sit properly. To this day, I cannot run for a long period of time without pain. While there are no issues with you know, having kids, I still have problems playing traditional sports.

tl;dr Turn around or move sideways. Don't jump up.

69 COMBAT

Quote from: WG Genesis on May 15, 2017, 06:14:06 PM
Story time lads. Buckle up.

Played a lot of football (soccer for you Americans) through my school years. Spent every lunch break + before classes + after school playing football. Mainly played goalie and always got picked first but ended up breaking my left wrist twice and twisted it really bad (cast) once so stopped with the goalie. Moved to defender for a while after that until my last couple of years where I was busy during those times.

I then started playing indoor football (still soccer) with my elder brothers and their friends for a few months until a certain incident. So if you don't know, indoor footballs are a lot heavier than normal balls. Well, one of my brothers who was on my team got passed the ball and he immediately shot it. He missed the proper shot and instead hit it with the tip of his foot which makes the hit super strong but insanely inaccurate. It just so happened that I was standing in the way (literally 1 metre away). I brainfarted at that instant and instead of turning around or moving sideways, I decided to jump up and open my legs in the hopes that the ball would pass between my legs (fuck you brain). NOPE. Ball hit me square in the nuts. What followed was tears of both pain and laughter (from both me and everyone present). This clip describes it well: https://youtu.be/__3DpIJilQI?t=1m10s

Well, I was told to "walk it off" so I went to take a piss and it hurt A LOT. Other brother told me to not be a pussy and play so I did, albeit with a lot of pain. I went to the doctor the next day. Turns out there was blood in my urine and I got a testicle infection. My left nut was twice the size of the right. I couldn't even sit properly. To this day, I cannot run for a long period of time without pain. While there are no issues with you know, having kids, I still have problems playing traditional sports.

tl;dr Turn around or move sideways. Don't jump up.

I had testicle torsion but not from anything specific, just sleeping lol. Almost lost my left nut but saved it in surgery

Lait_Choco

Lovely story genesis, had a good laugh while reading it! :D

I used to play football or soccer for our American friends. I was always a goalie and never played any other position tbh. Was pretty good at penalty's, so whenever I stopped one I was the hero of our club. :') Good times.
Nowadays I play football with friends when the weather is nice, I use my bicycle a lot and I really love to swim/dive.

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.

WG Genesis

Quote from: Lait_Choco on May 16, 2017, 11:38:29 AM
Lovely story genesis, had a good laugh while reading it! :D

I'm glad my misery brought you joy :D

Smile

Nice stories guys

I played football for all my life started all 5 seasons in highschool both ways DB and WR (also special teams stud) then played 2 seasons in the CIS (now called usports) for Canada it is the 2nd highest level of competition!
Other sports include:

soccer
volleyball
paintball
snowboarding
mountain biking
skateboarding
basketball
track n field

perpetually high.

Serjecht

I played Soccer throughout middle and high school.  Now I play soccer for a rec league once a week, and Ultimate Frisbee 3x a week.

But I'll play just about anything if offered (except golf)

Keith

I did track and cross country in high school, and then got into some marathoning and triathloning in college. Now I just lift, but I'll probably get back into triathlons at some point.

Da_Man__2003

I played american football from when I was 8 years old until I was a senior in highschool.

I currently only play discgolf

Whiskey

When I was younger I played baseball, was pretty fun. I played 2nd base with a group of people i grew up with from like 1st grade through 8th until I moved states.

Dorcha3377