• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Runescape then (2006) and Now!

Started by Owen, July 18, 2012, 02:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owen

So, with all of these complaints about recent updates and all this negativity.  I thought I'd bring in some nostalgia.

As such me and gary went flipper hunting!

Obviously cos I'm so much better at runescaping I got 2 of each in less time than it took gary to get 1.

Without further ado!

August 28th 2006

July 18th 2012

FLIPPER UNIT

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Elyxiatic

I'm warring in them.
Don't tell me about gear restrictions  :woeh:

Randy

I'm seriously wondering what Direwolf73 was trying to buy for 30k from Loldude2963.
We must find out.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

PineappleTom

You stood in the wrong spot. Dammit Owen.

Buns

Pacman Syu

RuneScape has grown up so much  :'(

Anyway, this makes me so sad I deleted alllllllllll of my RuneScape screenshots on accident years ago.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Kevin

Wow what a noob you didn't even have Zombie Walk in '06 ...
Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Owen

Quote from: Kevin on July 25, 2012, 06:58:44 AM
Wow what a noob you didn't even have Zombie Walk in '06 ...

Too busy maxing out brah

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Healer MD on July 18, 2012, 10:37:10 PM
rs classic is the shit

That's not RS classic...

But yeah. 2006, man. Those were better days.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Toby

My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Mochacho456

RSC up to RS2 around 2006 was amazing. Afterwards it went downhill

tangytotoro

wow such a huge change... i remember that, and miss the thrill of starting fresh, when 1k to me was 1m, i'd brag to people of how rich i was when i got my first 1k, that was in 2007

WR3K SH0P

Quote from: tangytotoro on July 28, 2012, 10:23:12 AM
wow such a huge change... i remember that, and miss the thrill of starting fresh, when 1k to me was 1m, i'd brag to people of how rich i was when i got my first 1k, that was in 2007

Did you ever have that moment of extreme confidence when you bought your first full set of adamant? The only thing I really mmiss about being new to runescape was how the little things were astronomical. With every level, every new piece of gear, made you feel like you were on top of the world.
Then it all comes crashing down when you run into deepp wildy like an untouchable and get piled on by some pures and die. Soon after comes the pit in your stomache like you are going to puke. In disbelief and sadness you take a break for a while until you regain your confidence lol. But that's unrelated, sorry :P