• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Jagex responds to Micro-Transactions

Started by Mojo, August 29, 2012, 06:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/mod-mmg-on-runescape-micro-payments

Coming from MMG himself, I highly suggest reading the whole thing. It goes through tons of stuff including micro payments, bots, gold selling + account security.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

Encouraging article.I really hope they stick to what they say and that RS pulls through even stronger than it was a few years ago. Also, that HTML5 client looks promising, should be much faster than Java.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Randy

I really don't care about micro-transactions. The thing that bothers me is that Jagex is waaaaay too in-your-face about them.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Al

So basically what they're saying is that they are[i/] against RWT, gold farming, the whole profiting thing, and it actually provides Jagex with more money to develop the game even further. But I mean, it doesn't change anything...Squeal is still there and people can still buy their way into the game?

On the plus side:

~I like that they're coming out with the bot nuke and "Jagex Account Guardian" soon
~The spam from gold sellers is going away
~HTML 5
~At least they're not completely ignoring our feedback...it's a start right?
~The future dev team to put RuneScape on smart TVs and tablets
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

IlIScottIlI

im just happy they responded to alll the complaints from the community. after this response i really am not too upset about squeel or solomon

Mojo

hmm, looks like Jagex changed the wording in one of the sentences. I got this from my irc logs:

(18:23:11) <@Mojohaza1> Over the course of the next few weeks, we will not only be launching our most comprehensive and formidable anti-bot update - which will permanently deal with all types of bots - but players will also see a significant upgrade to their accounts' security to protect against phishing and hijacking.

And now it says:
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will not only be launching our most comprehensive and formidable anti-bot update but players will also see a significant upgrade to their accounts' security to protect against phishing and hijacking.

looks like they removed which will permanently deal with all types of bots from the article :O
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Mojohaza1 on August 31, 2012, 07:52:33 PM
hmm, looks like Jagex changed the wording in one of the sentences. I got this from my irc logs:

(18:23:11) <@Mojohaza1> Over the course of the next few weeks, we will not only be launching our most comprehensive and formidable anti-bot update - which will permanently deal with all types of bots - but players will also see a significant upgrade to their accounts' security to protect against phishing and hijacking.

And now it says:
Over the course of the next few weeks, we will not only be launching our most comprehensive and formidable anti-bot update but players will also see a significant upgrade to their accounts' security to protect against phishing and hijacking.

looks like they removed which will permanently deal with all types of bots from the article :O
This is a good thing. Anyone would be naive to believe they would solve the problem forever right here.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

IlIScottIlI

Yah they won't get rid of them. Forever I'd just. Like them to be less

PineappleTom

Quote from: wbw0124 on September 07, 2012, 06:05:01 AM
For most women between the famous Leggings brand and high prices to make a choice is a very difficult thing. So how to choose a high cost performance of Women Leggings is a very accomplished things. To those famous brand online shop can more cheaper than those exclusive shop, and the same things are quality goods.
http://www.ms-leggings.com

But what about men?!