• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Botany Bay is LIVE!

Started by btraill, September 26, 2012, 03:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

btraill

Woot! Standing by to see my first bot destroyed.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

PineappleTom

btraill

Quote from: Rodney75 on September 26, 2012, 05:22:34 PM
What is this?!

For real?

It's a place where reported botters are taken to "Trial". Players can teleport to Botany Bay by using the "Trial Announcers" NPC in any of Gielinors cities. (Falador - easy)

You can throw tomatoes at convicted bots, as well as decide how they are going to be "destroyed" or "banned". By diety, dragon swallow, etc.

It's pretty nifty! I've already seen two trials. They are hilarious!

Mojo

There are still bots about though, hopefully they'll be gone by end of week!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Vio

ramim4

Botany Bay works however it is unsuccessful at getting rid of the major bots. I took a look at the coding behind botany bay and it has major flaws. It sometimes picks up ppl that are just walking and bans them randomly have seen it happen myself. Also it does not target major areas of bot activity which is really stupid. I experimented with it myself obviously not using a bot but i watched some bots run back and forth at the Karmaja fishing spot and did it for a whole 6 hrs and neither I nor actual bots were banned or picked up by the dragons hand. The only point of its release is to slow bots and bot makers alike down so Jagex may get ahead in the fight against bots and it also increases investor confidence in Jagex.