• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=green][Accepted][/color] Matt Gr/Supreme Kai's application.

Started by Matt Gr, October 04, 2012, 04:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gr

1. What is your current Runescape username, and what are your past usernames if any?

Supreme Kai (spelled KAl/kaL, and in all caps)= Current    Past usernames = T3TRlS, RUBlKS CUBE

2. Tell us about your RuneScape account and history (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities etc.):

Early in the year 2004, I had made my first appearance on Gelinor. I started my life as anyone would, killing cows and goblins. By the time I had the lingo of the Strange new world down, I was starting to realize just how poor and rich players could be. Once this information was inevitably truth, I was in the hot run for money. I tried everything to get an honest day's wage, from killing hill giants to braving the wilderness for the runes in Dark Warrior's Fortress. By About my first two months in, I had got caught scamming a set of Black armor *not rune, not gilded, not dragon; but BLACK armor* from a player, and was killed instantly for the horrid crime. Later the gods saw fit to give me new life, and my journey back to Gelinor was a near shameful one. Born late 05, My second arrival in Gelinor was a time of jealousy. I had missed out on obtaining what is possibly the greatest item in the world since gold, The Rubber Chicken. I had not even known what a holiday event was until Christmas of 05, and I never even figured out what to do for the rewards they held. By easter 06, I was in the game for good, making around 50k a day, which was considered a good rate of cash per day for someone of my age. Years passed, And I Grew. Each year brought new things, faster ways to earn money, lower prices on items, and many new fangled gadgets such as the "bots" or "auto-typers". I continued under the changes for some time, and fell into a slumber as strong as the one we find Guthix in for nearly 5 months. I Missed easter, with the glorious chocotrice cape. However- I was waking by thanksgiving, from the smell of the feast. I returned to Gelinor, to find much different from the way I had left it. One of the things to come was the Grand Exchange, a legend told by those who had left to sleep as I had.  Wars Raged, And many left Gelinor out of their dislike of the creations of man. Years have passed, and now I find myself searching for a clan that is active, supportive, eventful, and even as some like to say: Skillers, or Fun people.

3. Tell us about yourself (Name (if you are comfortable), gender, age, country, hobbies, music, talents, likes and dislikes):

Why must I provide you with this information twice? Have I not told you that I am Supreme Kai of year 169, fifth age? No I feel this is not what you are searching for. I went to Xenia for the correct information: Matt Is my name, Male, 17/mid 40's *physical / mental(not stated directly by me)*, Solving Rubik's cubes/playing Runescape/Being half genius/Church-going, Old rock from my father's time *and he is in his 40's*, Solving the Rubik's cube/having genius moments, Enjoy writing/debating/answering questions/reading wikis/playing runescape/making GP/making jokes, dislikes being trolled/getting owned/teaching students that turn out to be failures*I teach Rubik's cube solving*/ losing GP/being made fun of.

4. How did you hear about us and what makes you want to join WG or DG? Also, which of these two clans are you applying for?
Wanting to join WG, And honestly, I have no idea where I've heard of you. I'm 75% sure it was an add in Runescape wikia. 

Your PvP Experience

One of my old passtimes in RS was to go to duell arena or to White clanwars and challenge the highest leveled players there. I'd always test how good certain weapons were versus others, yet I'd always find that I could win any fight in literally no gear. My setup would always consist of lederhosen gear, with a skillcape *as i'd not risk a firecape*, steadfasts goliaths ddefender fury zerker ring and of all things, korasi's sword with a spec restore dose. 2 hits from that, and a few uppercuts with goliaths and anyone is down for the count. It would take a skilled rusher to beat the near insta-kill setup. Thats just a rusher in single comabt though.

5. What Multi-combat PvP Experience do you have? Be sure to mention any recent or past F2P or P2P PvP Clans you have been in.

Past clans I've been in are "72","voids legion", and my current is "phoenix legends", and even in those I was never really into pking. I'd always go to the wilderness penguins and kindly send people back to lumbridge. Durring that time I was exceptionally good at warding off rushers, I'd always get in my vengance hits and use my 2 brew row strategy during their spec. Soon however, rushers will not be a problem. Ocasionally, I'd find one or two clanmates in the wilderness while i wasnt really planning to pk. In my minimal protection gear, i'd usually stick to the area they sat in and help out with 20~ish kills.

6. Our warring times are usually between 3PM EST/8PM GMT and 5PM EST/10PM GMT on weekends, but sometimes weekdays, can you regularly be active at these times?

3pm is a no, I'm 17, a senior in high scool. 11-7~ on weekends is when i'm usually buisy, but I have a delicate situation that allows me to be there half the time. My parents are divorced and instead of week/weekend custody like normal people, I have 3 day/3 day custody. So SMT is dad, WTF is mom, StSM back to dad, TWT back to mom, and so on. My mom is the one who's never home, while my dad owns his company and is a family activist. This allows me to spend 2-3 weekends in a row on RS, and 2-3 away from it. I'm still active most nights until 1am EST.

However- I'd like to hear alot more about these Warring and pvping events, For reason one: i'd learn a load from it, and two: I've always wanted to get into pking, now that i'm near endgame.

7. Can you stock up on 10 sets of Full Rune as well as an equal amount of F2P Mage and Range sets? This only applies to applicants of WG.  Your gear will be checked via trade screen when you are being invited to the CC in game. - Please note a comprehensive list of the required items is posted as a sticky in the 'Join the Clan' Forums

I'm a notably rich RS player,*not joining for the revenue pking provides* having my very own yellow party-hat. I wear it proudly, But only have it for two reasons. One, I knew all nex/ss gear would crash with the instakill darts. Two, I really, really-- needed to start skilling to finish up the game. Otherwise, Yes I can buy rune sets, And as a bonus i'll start with 30 instead of 10.--Yet i'll not buy them until I've gotten the "Sure we'll take you" on joining the clan.

8. Do you understand that all PvP Events are Mandatory if you are online, and that you face removal from the clan should you blatantly skip these events?
Yes- And as I'm starting with a low bank (low cash-stack really) *as stated above I've spent it all on a party-hat as to avoid betting or continuous loss, so i'll end up skilling* It will be much better for building me back up again if i join in on all these PVP events.

Your Activity and Availability

Most weekdays I get home and play RuneScape till 12. Weekends are 40/60 (no/yes), being every other 3 weekends.

9. Do you agree to check WG Forums daily and be on IRC at all times while you are in game, and to be on Teamspeak for all Wars and Raids? (Please note, these are third party programs, but clans have been using them for years and are crucial to our success, as such they ARE a requirement.  Further details can be provided on request.)

I am willing to commit to such downloads, as not just many clans use them, but hundreds of thousands of gamers use them across the states and Europe. I would however like a better explanation of what IRC is, and how to make use of it.  Also- Forums checking is a piece of cake as long as they are updated regularly, with useful and relevant information instead of rage posts and having none of my topics replied to.

10. Is there anything in the near future that may impact your activity or ability to attend events?

Nothing but the holidays/family activist father. OOH! and college next year. No idea how that will roll out.

However you put it, I've been into the spirit of what I see your clan does for some time, and have tried to put off joining a PVP clan by substituting it with PVM and Community clans. I look forward to a Revelation of what actually goes down in the wilderness. Your friend, Matt Gr.
Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. Study hard, and be evil.

Yellow Party-hat + Vesta's chain/Statius' skirt pwns you.

Statius is pronounced (stay-shus)

Last 4 Prayer levels FTW.

Matt Gr

I'm constantly checking my post by the way, I contribute most of my own views (3/5 so far.)

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Al

Hey there Matt, nice detailed intro and welcome!

To answer your question about IRC, basically it stands for Internet Relay Chat, a type of internet service that allows for group messaging. It's universal, and not only used by clans. Some links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Relay_Chat
http://www.irchelp.org/ <-- very thorough guide on using IRC
http://www.mirc.com/index.html <-- a popular program for Windows users. If you use the Mozilla browser, I've heard that the plug-in ChatZilla is good
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/chatzilla/

Continuing...good to hear that you can start out with 30 sets, that's more than enough. Usually about 10 will do, but the more the better. Until about 30 lol. You can save the rest of your money for P2P sets/gear/supplies. Hope to see you in the IRC, all we need is an interview. For a quick way to get in our chat lobby, use the Chat button below the banner on the top of the page. Chat button is 4th from the left.

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Matt Gr

Thanks for the info.  Looking Forward to it.

Mojo

Very detailed application Matt! Welcome :)

IRC is simple once you get the hang of it ;)
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Ownierage

Read your whole intro while I had no time to read it. Now I'm late for work.

Nice intro and welcome!  :3

Armybuilder

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Scimmy

"It began with a scorpion"
[spoiler=My Hall of Fame]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Good Intro mate. Welcome to the boards.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

iAaron

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS