• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Clan Rating System

Started by Al, October 12, 2012, 05:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on October 15, 2012, 10:51:44 AM
Quote from: Al on October 15, 2012, 07:53:24 AM
Quote from: Raging Mage2 on October 15, 2012, 07:36:46 AM
Quote from: Al on October 15, 2012, 07:26:12 AM
Well that was how RAW ran and eventually it didn't work anymore and fell apart. I want to see if making a system that rates a clan by many factors, not just only who beats who. Anybody clan rally up people and try to knock a clan off a rank right?

That's recruiting and warring isnt it?..

There isnt much else to wilderness clans.

What would it mean if 100 randomers gathered together and knocked off the #1 rank? That doesn't measure how good the clan is at all?

If they're in your clan it does.

If it was a temporary rally then I wouldn't add it to the toplist on the rating system. The "clan" wouldn't be viable to join at all. I mentioned that the equation could factor in things like how long the leader or members have stayed in the clan. That alone would wipe out it. Beating a clan wouldn't mean you're automatically ranked above it. It would make the clan you beat lose credibility and drop in rating, but certainly not the old of of RAW rankings. If clans did start beating them, then eventually their rank would drop lower and lower.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Al

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on October 15, 2012, 10:51:44 AM
Well that was how RAW ran and eventually it didn't work anymore and fell apart. I want to see if making a system that rates a clan by many factors, not just only who beats who. Anybody clan rally up people and try to knock a clan off a rank right?

What would it mean if 100 randomers gathered together and knocked off the #1 rank? That doesn't measure how good the clan is at all?

If they're in your clan it does.

If it was a temporary rally then I wouldn't add it to the toplist on the rating system. The "clan" wouldn't be viable to join at all. I mentioned that the equation could factor in things like how long the leader or members have stayed in the clan. That alone would wipe out it. Beating a clan wouldn't mean you're automatically ranked above it. It would make the clan you beat lose credibility and drop in rating, but certainly not the old of of RAW rankings. If clans did start beating them, then over their rank would drop lower and lower.

I've been thinking about a refresh in rankings after a time period, and then an all-time ranking list, kind of like the pound-for-pound list used in boxing. After each period new clans would be able to sign-up for a shot at the top. Clans that were already on the list or have history get priority, and then after the off-season or sign-up period ends clans would have to manually enter on the list by taking whatever rank is comes next at the bottom.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Raging Mage2

Oh, you didn't want opinions.  Sorry

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Owen

That's why fights for RAW rank usually had rules, meaning it was a fair fight, and when would you ever have 100 randomers fighting the top clan?

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

BeeBee

Pretty sure WG mass rallied vs Bk back in the day #
Well according to ex Bk, when apps were meant to close WG ml grew by like 80 #

OT:
Most clans ddos and cheat now. Sometimes in defence though. In nbk we ddos Reiss.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Onathe

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on October 15, 2012, 03:42:37 PM

OT:
Most clans ddos and cheat now. Sometimes in defence though. In nbk we ddos Reiss.

Whether in attack or defence Ddos'ing is illegal and anyone who stays in clans that do these things are morons, I've been looking in on the current crash war between my old clan Solace + numerous others, Think its safe to say the only clan left in the clan world i would feel comfortable knowing they wouldn't crash/ddos/leak irl info is WG and am happy that atleast 1 clan left in the clan world still upholds some kind of honour.

Al

Quantifiable:

1. Membercount
2. War record while in this ladder or "system"
3. Average or median combat level
4. Average pull
5. K/D ratio

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

Owen

Quote from: Onathe on October 17, 2012, 02:36:58 PM
Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on October 15, 2012, 03:42:37 PM

OT:

Whether in attack or defence Ddos'ing is illegal and anyone who stays in clans that do these things are morons, I've been looking in on the current crash war between my old clan Solace + numerous others, Think its safe to say the only clan left in the clan world i would feel comfortable knowing they wouldn't crash/ddos/leak irl info is WG and am happy that atleast 1 clan left in the clan world still upholds some kind of honour.

Less than 2 days ago, Kez asked if we could join the crash war...

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi