• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Spamming During Wars - Why and how?

Started by Mojo, July 10, 2012, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Shortkeys

This guide talks you through the use of Shortkeys, a simple program designed to execute a large block of text with a few keystrokes. It is useful for spamming during wars and raids.

To begin visit the Shotkeys Website and download Shortkeys lite.

Once installed open up the program.

To add a new Shortkey press the button or type ctrl-A.

Next decide what you want to use as a shortkey, in this example I picked 44 because it was close to the arrow keys. Next, enter your desired text underneath the "Replacement text" header. Pressing Enter after typing your required text means that shortkeys will submit the text for you so that you only type 44 and your text is submitted to the game.

MAKE YOUR SPAM - purple: WG or just WG
Once that's done simply hit Save and Close and you are ready to use shortkeys!

Extra Info:

Sometimes you may wish to disable Shortkeys. For example if you were 44 years old and somebody asked how old you are you would not want to say "Purple:WG Look Here!". To disable Shortkeys in Windows 7 (other systems may vary) open up the hidden icons on the task bar, right click on the Shortkeys symbol and select "Suspend Shortkeys Lite".

You can also have multiple Shortkeys. Here are some of mine:

77 - red:B A S I M   I S   G A Y
]] - purple:Wg
## - purple:Descendant Guardians

Thanks for reading.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Although this is old - some may be interested.

Stick to purple: WG

Nothing flashy. I'd still prefer WG [Name] manually though.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Reece

I noticed during the AC and also RoT's video recap. People are using auto typers, not shortkeys. Big difference and also makes it difficult to determine where the piles are.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Creeper975

Like Reece said, only use your autotypers/shortkeys when you are actually on the pile being called, otherwise your making it harder for everyone.

yankingit