• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][Minigame][/b][/color] Barbarian Assault - Tips and Tricks

Started by Dallar, July 30, 2011, 12:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dallar

Hello and welcome to another guide. This time I will focus on the activity Barbarian Assault. Barbarian Assault is a fun activity where cooperation and timing leads to success. You play in a team of 5 players who each are assigned 4 different roles. Hack, slash, poison and lure your way through the 10 waves to finally encounter the Penance queen who will fall at your feet after you have read this guide.

So why bother doing Barbarian Assault? This activity gives so many rewards but only a select few are very popular amongst the Runescape players. Most people does this activity to aid them in skill training but you can also get armor with cool stats and other rewards that serves as cosmetic rewards. I hope my experience will teach you a few things throughout this guide.

Barbarian Assault does not have any specific requirements but the higher combat stats you have, the easier the activity gets. The gameplay relies on your combat stats to be good because you will get attacked throughout the game which means the higher you are the easier you will get through. I will use the requirements to explain the best gear to wear within the minigame. Remember that capes cannot be worn within the activity so they will not be included on my gear-setups.

((Remember: Only use Chaotic Rapier if you play the Attacker role. If you play another role you don't need a weapon but most important is; Don't equip the Rapier if you are not going to use it.. You will waste charges if you wield it while getting attacked (Even if you aren't even attacking back)))

Take out your Games necklace and use it's teleport function to get to Barbarian Assault. You will now find yourself at the activity building. Run inside the building and down the ladder as shown below:

Now you will appear in a scoreboard room with a road leading north. Follow the path until you find yourself in a large area seperated into 11 smaller rooms. 10 rooms marked with the numbers 1-10 which is where you will be playing and a random room which serves no purpose. Run down to room 1 and enter the door. Upon entering it should look like this:

Red circle: This is the table where you pick up a Recruitment scroll. If you are going to be the leader you right-click the scroll and choose the "Write role option". Pick the role you are going to be. To add teamplayers to your team you simply use the scroll on the people you wish to recruit to your team.

Here's my recommendation for the team build throughout the 10 waves (You don't have to swtich to two healers in wave 8-9 if your healer is good at his/her work but it's really convenient having two Healers in wave 10 because of massive damage taken from the Penance queen's multi attacks.

Blue circle: Reward statue. This is very important because it's settings decides what kind of rewards you are going to get from completing the 10 waves.

Illustration 1 - shows the Honour points setting which means that you will earn points which you can spend on cool cosmetics, levelling your BA role-level and combat equipment.
Illustration 2 - shows the Experience points setting which will fill up your Penance Horn. Remember that you must have bought the horn from Commander Connad who is located on the upper floor (Where you enter the dungeon) to fill it up. This setting is very popular because it aids you in three skills; Agility, mining and firemaking.. Very popular amongst people who wish a double exp boost that last for like 800k exp (At normal rate)

Yellow circle: When you are done building your team you descend this ladder to start the minigame.

When you descend the ladder you will notice two things; The horn in your inventory and the "Information list" on your top right corner next to the mini map (depicted above). You use the horn depending on what your info list tells you. What you shall focus on is what stands next to the ear and the mouth icon in the info list. The ear shows what you shall do and the mouth tells you what to call in your horn. These information's change for every 30 seconds so get familiar with this as fast as you can. Misinformation & no information at all is what kills the game. The horn icon shows who gives you the orders - So if you don't get your orders you know whose ass to kick. The first info on the list is selfaxplanatory.

Now that you know how that works I will go into details with each role. There are individual tactics for each of the roles so take your time to get familiar with the role you are going to play. You can read about the different roles below:

Role difficulty: Easy
Strategy:  The attackers role is to wipe out all the Melee and Ranged attacking monsters. The attacker role is very monotone meaning that you only have one objective; To take out all monsters asap which makes the attacking role easy.
Tips: At the start of each wave you will follow the path given on the picture below. Doing this will not cause the Penance healers to pile the attacker which makes it an overall easier job for the healer to take out the Penance healers as soon as possible.

Remember, if you don't have a Chaotic Rapier you must bring weapons that fill out the requirements needed to do the Attacker role properly; Having all Attack styles covered. (You are covered if you bring the weapons I suggested in the requirements section)

OBS:
When you complete a wave you can do the "Leave/join team trick" to start the next wave faster instead of waiting for the count down. Simply have one of your team-mates leaving the team and rejoining when you wait for the next wave to begin. You save 15 seconds by doing this.

Role difficulty: Very easy
Strategy: The Collectors role is to gather eggs from slain monsters. The collectors role is very monotone and is regarded as the easiest role within this activity
Tips: You can prioritize your objective. The collector collects 3 different eggs; The red, the green and the blue. The red is by far the most important egg so whenever you get these assigned you must do your best to collect as many as possible. Greens are good too because they do poison damage. If you are to collect blue you don't have to stress too much. They are pretty much useless. Don't stress to load the cannon either.. It's not too important in the first 5-6 waves. Load when you feel like.

The path given is meant to show that the collector should follow the Attacker up to the place where I marked an X on the map above. At the beginning of each run the Collector should always stick close to the Attacker because the Attacker most likely is the one to perform a kill making it faster for the Collector to get his job done.

OBS:
When you complete a wave you can do the "Leave/join team trick" to start the next wave faster instead of waiting for the count down. Simply have one of your team-mates leaving the team and rejoining when you wait for the next wave to begin. You save 15 seconds by doing this.

Role difficulty: Hard
Strategy: The healer is my favorite role. Your objective is to heal others while poisoning the Penance healers with poisoned food. This role is not monotone because you have more than one objective which makes it a bit more difficult but if you like challenges it's a great role.
Tips: For the first 5 waves people shouldn't be needing your healing abilities which gives you plenty of freedom to do your other thing; poisoning Penance healers. (However you should always fill up your vial for safety measures) As soon as a wave starts you operate the Healers dispenser to get poisoned food. Use the correct food on the penance healers to poison them (2 pieces of poisoned food pr. Penance healer will kill them)

The path given is to show that you fill up your inventory with food before you fill your vial with healing water from the pond. You should be the only one who runs up via. the middle section of the map.

OBS:

Role difficulty: Hard
Strategy: The defender lures the Penance runners to traps on the eastern and the western side of the cavern by dropping the correct bait. Sometimes the traps will break and need repairing. This is considered the hardest of all 4 roles.
Tips: When you get your bait from the dispenser you are going to drop all the incorrect food when you run up to the trap. When a Penance runner eats the wrong bait it will run north instead of towards the escape hole.

Please take note of the small dots I drew on the picture above. These small dots represent the food you drop. The blue dots are incorrect food that you are going to drop on your way to the trap. The red dots are correct food that you are going to drop north of the trap and around the trap. You gotta be fast when you drop the correct food because you wanna catch the runners before they run past the trap and end up in the south. That's where the incorrect food comes into play. When a penance runner eats incorrect it will run 5 paces to the north which will give you plenty of time to lure it with correct food. If the traps break you can collect the required items to repair it from the northern middle section of the ma.

OBS:

The wave starts out like normal where all the regular monster spawn. Just take them out like you are used to. When the Queen arrives don't panic. She is not that big a deal (But big enough to inflict serious damage over time) So the healer(s) must be on top of their game in this wave. I have written a step-by-step guide on how to handle the queen:

Step 1: The Collector picks up 8 yellow eggs dropped by the Penance queen. The collector gives the egg to the healer
Step 2: The healer dips the 8 eggs in the green bubbling pools and gives the poisoned eggs to the attacker
Step 3: The attacker adds 8 spikes (collected from the mushrooms) to the 8 eggs and passes them on to the Defender
Step 4: The Defender uses the 8 spiked poison eggs on a lava pool and passes them on to the Collector.
Step 5: The collector runs to the Cannon located on top of the hill and loads it with the 8 Omega eggs.
Step 6: Shoot the bastard and be victorious.

OBS:
You can do the "Cannon trick" to kill the queen faster. Collect 4 omega eggs and load them into the cannon. Have someone to count down. At the count you all spam-click the "fire Omega egg" option which will cause the one Omega Eggs to be fired multiple times. 

This is where you pay honour points to level up your BA roles. Below I have put up a chart where you can see the benefits of leveling up your roles:

Attacker:
Level 1: +10 Damage
Level 2: +20 Damage - (Costs 200 Honour points)
Level 3: +30 Damage - (Costs 300 Honour points)
Level 4: +40 Damage - (Costs 400 Honour points)
Level 5: +50 Damage - (Costs 500 Honour points)

Collector:
Level 1: Bag holds 2 eggs
Level 2: Bag holds 4 eggs - (Costs 200 Honour points)
Level 3: Bag holds 6 eggs - (Costs 300 Honour points)
Level 4: Bag holds 7 eggs - (Costs 400 Honour points)
Level 5: Bag holds 8 eggs - (Costs 500 Honour points)

Healer:
Level 1: Heal 100 lifepoints
Level 2: Heal 150 lifepoints - (Costs 200 Honour points)
Level 3: Heal 200 lifepoints - (Costs 300 Honour points)
Level 4: Heal 250 lifepoints - (Costs 400 Honour points)
Level 5: Heal 350 lifepoints - (Costs 500 Honour points)

Defender:
Level 1: Lure 4 spaces
Level 2: Lure 5 spaces - (Costs 200 Honour points)
Level 3: Lure 6 spaces - (Costs 300 Honour points)
Level 4: Lure 8 spaces - (Costs 400 Honour points)
Level 5: Lure 10 spaces - (Costs 500 Honour points)

This is the outfit you can buy for Honour points. The Fighter torso is very popular amongst people who train combat stats because it has very good stats for that particular purpose. I won't go in details about that but I will show what you can buy here and what it'll do for you:

Runner boots - (Costs 100 Honour points in each class)
*Penance gloves - (Costs 150 Honour points in each class)
Granite body - (Costs 95k cash)
Fighter hat - (Costs 275 Honour points in each class)
Runner hat - (Costs 275 Honour points in each class)
Healer hat - (Costs 275 Honour points in each class)
*Penance torso - (Costs 275 Honour points in each class)
Penance skirt - (Costs 275 Honour points in each class)
Items marked with * are popular items outside BA

Wearing the full Penance set (boots, gloves, skirt, torso, and one of the hats) will restore a player's prayer points at a rate of 3 points per minute.

Penance Trident -  (Costs 390 points in each class)
Penance egg paint - Colour your whip or Dark bow (Costs 50 points in any role)

Penance Horn (Small) - You can get it for free
Master Penance Horn - Requires level 5 in one class to upgrade
Gamble low items (Don't!) - (10 points in any class)
Gamble medium items (Don't!) - (20 points in any class)
Gamble high items (Don't!) - (30 points in any class)

Hope you enjoyed this guide and it helped you.

- Dallar -

Bgpgraebner

You're a motherfucking beast. Really nice guide, sir. +1 to you.

Wayshow

i thought i couldnt love more than i did before i read this guide..... i was wrong <3

Flame Outlaw

I love the way you put your guides together, they seem so professional. The layout and the detailed information is superb.

The only thing I could fault is the defender role. You didn't explain stacking them up, or the better routes to get them away from the gate. If you want to get with me, I can show you some strategies greatly help.

Join date : June 2006 Left : March 2007 Rejoined : October 2009

yankingit

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

but hats off to photobucket for being just about the only image hosting website to keep images longer than a year!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]