• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Wilderness Locations and Vocabulary

Started by BeeBee, March 19, 2013, 08:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeBee

Panda's Wilderness Guide

With the release of 2007 RuneScape and WG moving over there as a clan, this guide couldn't be anymore relevant to a player who is newer to PvP or the Wilderness.

The Runescape 2007 Wilderness map:

The map above contains labels of locations that I find relevant/semi-relevant for people to know.

Another map from Vio

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I. Mage Bank - Known as "MB" - Mage Bank is generally a pvp single area in the deep wilderness. As a multi clan, we don't need to know much about this.

II. Deserted Keep - Known as "50 Lever" - This will be used as a return route in P2P. This may be the fastest route if you do not have 90 magic and ancients, or the one of the leaders/staff may call for all members to return via the 50 lever because the opposition controls GDZ (Demonic Ruins) so you'd be killed on return if you took the Gdz return. You can find the lever to teleport here south of Edgeville bank

III. Axe Hut - Known as "Axe Hut" - Nothing much to say really, usually only used to tell you the location of a fight/fall in.

IV. Rogues Castle - Rogue Castle - Common clan lure location. Inside, you can barrage through the gate catching the attacking clan in a narrow gap with multi spells. Inside of the castle could be a regroup spot if on the retreat or similar to that would be an escape/log out route.

V. Level 50 Wilderness Teleporter - Known as "50 ports" - This is a common fight location in PK trips as most teams/clans will check portals for action. North of 50 ports is a common log out spot.

VI. Volcano - Known as "Level 50 Volcano" or just "Volcano" - Only used as a log spot or a battlefield for a prepped fight.

VII. New gate - Known as "NG" or "New Gate" - Again, the gate can be used as a bottleneck to barrage people running through. It is also a hill, so you can have the click advantage for those rushing up the hill. A good position to have if you're getting rushed by the opposing clan for the reason stated in the previous statement, but also because you have options to fall back to, firstly behind the gate, then either west to 50 ports, with a bottleneck ledge to catch the opposition chasing or to the volcano to get an impossible height advantage over the opposition.

VIII. Demonic Ruins - Known as "Gdz" or "Greaters" - Fastest return spot via the level 90 ancient teleport. Good spot for outlasting by keeping the fight here you can just return like cannon fodder until you gain enough members on teamspeak to fight back properly. Often used as a boundary rule I.E. Spiders to GDZ.

IX. Eastern Lights and East Tree - Known as "East Lights" or "E Lights" and "East Tree" or "E Tree" - Eastern Lights refers to the shading of the mini-map. This would only really be used for a location of a fall in/pile. East Tree is describing the dead tree east of Members Gate. East Tree could be used to describe a location of a pile/fall in and can also be used to describe boundary rules.

X. Eastern Vents - Known as "E Vents", "East Vents" or "Gap Vents" - Generally used as a description of the location of a pile. It is the most eastern vents (mini volcano's), north of gap.

XI. Members Gate - Known as "Members Gate" or "MG" - Can be used as a description of a location of a battle as the gate is commonly used to bottleneck a clan in between the gate and can also be used as a regroup position when the battle is further away from it.

XII. Western Lights and West Tree - Known as "West Lights" or "W Lights" and "West Tree" or "W Tree" - Western Lights refers to the light shading on the map. This would only really be used in a call to describe a fight or fall in location. West Tree refers to the tree west of Members Gate. West Tree can be used to describe a location of a pile/fall in and can also be used to describe boundary rules.

XIII. West Vents - Known as "West Vents" or "W Vents" - Generally used to describe the location of a fight/fall in. It is the western vent, south east of Spider Hill and north of Red Dragon Gate.

XIV. Spider Hill - Known as "Spider Hill" or "Spiders" - Spider Hill refers to the red hill with a population of spiders on top. It is used in boundary rules. It can be used to describe a location of a fight/fall in and it is used as a regroup location due to it's hill advantage.

XV. Mossie Gap - Known as "Mossie Gap", "Mossie Vents" or "SW Spiders" - The vents are generally used as a regroup point but can also be a location of a fight/pile.

XVI. VR Hill - Known as "VR Hill" or "Mikes Hill" - Hill west of Spiders generally used to get away from battle and regroup. It is a hill so it has a click advantage over those at the bottom of it.

XVII. Rune Rocks - Known as "RR" - Single combat area. Used as a deep F2P pking area. If you're told to run/bail here things aren't usually going too well.

XVIII. Chaos Altar - Known as "Lvl 38 Altar" - Notice the use of the word "altar" and not temple. Usually used to regroup as it is still high up in the wilderness, has close access to Wilderness Teleporters and has altar use. Furthest western place in the Wilderness I believe.

XIX. Moss Giants - Known as "Mossies" - This is the area that the waka canoe takes you to. Main returning method in f2p and is still viable in p2p but there are also much better options such as the "Level 50 Lever" and level 90 Ancient teleport. Single combat area so it is a safe regroup area.

XX. Red Dragon Gate - Known as "RDG" - Common regroup area. Good for taking out opposition with multi spells as the gate can be used as a bottleneck. Can also flank and barrage opposition at gap with the use of a mini ledge looking over at gap (however it should be not used by a whole clan as the ledge is small and congested).

XXI. Lava Gap - Known as "Lava Gap" or "Gap" - The south side has a slight hill advantage. The gap can be used as a bottleneck and generally, multi spell fighting happens over the lava.

XXII. Single Strip - Known as "Single Strip" or "Single" - The whole area highlighted by the purple box is single combat. Clans run to here to escape a battle or to regroup.

XXIII. Chaos Dwarves - Known as "Chaos Dwarves" or "Dwarves" - Usually used to describe either a fall in location or an escape route I.E. "Run to Chaos Dwarves and keep running south".

XXIV. Ruins - Known as "Ruins" or "Auschwitz" (but please refrain from being too racist and unreasonable with this term) - Many buildings to bottleneck others, but not really used unless to regroup.

XXV. Boneyard - Known as "Boneyard" - Not really fought in, but could be used to locate your pile or a track of the opposition pile.

XXVI. Sperm Hill - Known as "Sperm Hill" or "Sperm" - Sperm Hill due to the shape of it. The landscape is general is made up of many hills making this the prime spot for hill warfare. Don't get caught in no mans lands between hills or you're a certain death.

XXVII. Chaos Temple - Known as "Chaos Temple" or "Level 13 Altar" - Used to regroup due to the low Wilderness level ability to teleport out and prayer recharge access. If you're regrouping here during a fight you know it's not going well.

May add more to do with hill warfare and bottlenecking at a later time.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Mister Kyle

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Asaad

[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Nublar

Nice guide, got to brush up on my vocab!  :woeh:

SquelchyFish

QuoteIII. Axe Hut - Known as "Axe Hut" - Nothing much to say really, usually only used to tell you the location of a fight/fall in.

Sometimes you get cheeky pkers hanging outside here trying to get at trainers inside.

BeeBee

Quote from: SquelchyFish on March 20, 2013, 05:26:45 PM
QuoteIII. Axe Hut - Known as "Axe Hut" - Nothing much to say really, usually only used to tell you the location of a fight/fall in.

Sometimes you get cheeky pkers hanging outside here trying to get at trainers inside.
#damage.inc
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

DZ

Very nice guide. I suggest all read this for either a refresher or to learn.

Mojo

You could add hill giants, I think you missed that one.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Pacman Syu

Nice guide mate, man it's great to see the old wilderness <3
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Keith

back in my day the east gate was a log spot for world hopping ## f2p though i think

Rachellove9

New members might want to review this.

vipermen1

That helps a lot thanks for taking the time to write this

Zemus

Hi, this picture isn't mine but I found it and it may be helpful to some.

covers a few more places

Richgodyz

These maps are really useful, I had no idea these small areas in the wild had their own names.

Vio

Mossy

Flames377

Banana

Make sure those of you who play OSRS know these :)
RuneScape Name: Monkeyy
IRC Name: Banana
TeamSpeak Name: Banana

Contact me on IRC or in game for any Questions.
Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes
80% of success is showing up
Monkey See, Monkey do!

Fatboy Rules

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DestrousDeus

I keep these on the second screen while playing