• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Official CURED Keith topic

Started by Keith, April 23, 2013, 01:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith

Cure me.

Timeline:
5:50PM April 21st 2013: Had a glass of sprite, regular bout of hiccups that only happened when I tried to swallow. normal. Got rid of them by some swallowing trick. No worries.

6:20PM April 21st 2013: Hiccups return. Every 7 seconds. Amused and generally unconcerned. Joke about how they've been going for quite some time. SF willpower trick stopped them for a little bit, quickly returned.

10:30PM April 21st 2013: Strange breathing technique stopped them at this time. For 20 minutes. Came back, started watching videos about people having hiccups forever. Still amusing.

1:20AM April 22nd 2013: Finally get rid of the hiccups long enough to get some sleep. Relief.

7:00AM April 22nd 2013: Wake up hiccuping. The world has conspired against me. Figured sleep would cure it. Nope.

9:30AM April 22nd 2013: Manage to quiet them with a breathing technique. Fall back asleep for a little bit.

11:00AM April 22nd 2013: Wake up again, hiccuping. Attempt to do work, difficulty concentrating. Headache oncoming.

2:00PM April 22nd 2013: Deep Breathing technique is now my go-to. Manage to stop them after several tries. Hoping they're gone for real.

2:15PM April 22nd 2013: Hiccups are definitely not gone. Attempting to eat food and drink stuff to fill me up, diaphragm punching doesn't help. Very noisy at the library and work.

4:45PM April 22nd 2013: Deep breathing stopped them again. It's pretty effective, but they keep returning. Clearly I am going to die. Try running 7.31 miles with hiccups. Not cool. Genuinely concerned that they're not going to leave. Hoping it's not something super cool like some weird tumor shit irritating my diaphragm. Kill me.

7:45PM April 22nd 2013: Got them to stop again, deep breathing technique doesn't work until after a good period of time after they come back.

8:22PM April 22nd 2013: Hiccup free right now. In class.

10:07PM April 22nd 2013: Thought I had cured them accidentally. Nope, they're back.

2:00AM April 23rd 2013: Stopped them in time for bed woohoo!

3:00AM April 23rd 2013: Awoken by them, not woohoo!

9:40AM April 23rd 2013: Not hiccuping right this second, but I did just do two. I'm on the cusp of having them again I can feel it. May the open arms of death take me

1:00PM April 23rd 2013: Got to present a project with hiccups, fun fun!

2:53PM April 23rd 2013: Still have hiccups, let it be known that it has been 45 hours.

3:00AM April 24th 2013: Stopped them with a breathing technique so I could fall asleep. They haven't returned!

TL;DR:
I have had hiccups for over a full 2 days. "Cures" temporarily fix them. BUT THEY ALWAYS COME BACK.

Asaad

We are not doctors bandit Keith. Nice gif ahaha
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

SquelchyFish

This Babylon

get drunk as fuck, wont solve your problem, but you wont care.

Wayshow

wiggle on the ground like a caterpillar

Al

I had hiccups for like a fuckn week, until each hiccup started to hurt. The only thing that worked for me was taking the deepest breath you can for as long as possible, then relax. Repeat this once every 5 minutes for 3 times, every hour?
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

SquelchyFish

Quote from: Al on April 23, 2013, 07:31:55 AM
I had hiccups for like a fuckn week, until each hiccup started to hurt. The only thing that worked for me was taking the deepest breath you can for as long as possible, then relax. Repeat this once every 5 minutes for 3 times, every hour?

I told keef that like 900 times, he's stirring trouble.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

SquelchyFish

QuoteBest Answer - Chosen by Voters
Hi! This condition is known as persistant hiccups. Few people have this rare condition. Usually this is a sign of an underlying condition or problem you don't know about.

First, try some at home remedies-
* Drinking water
*Holding your breath
*Breathing out of a paper bag.

If the problem continues, you should call your doctor. Persistant Hiccuping can be a sign of a reaction to medication, heavy drinking, or simply stress. Your doctor might be able to perscribe a medication to help you with this problem.

Get Better!
Source(s):
http://cks.library.nhs.uk/print_preview?...

Keith

The breath trick is the only trick that works for a little bit. Also glad I made it into your sig sf <3

SquelchyFish

Wayshow

The caterpillar cure really works! You may need to do it for a while though, it takes some time for the effects to kick in

##

SquelchyFish

Helps if you insert a buttplug up your anus during the attempt.

I'm not even joking, the anal muscles are linked to the throat muscles

Keith

doing all of these at once

also let it be known that I have 3 hours before i'm supposed to seek medical attention

Bam

Quote from: Keith on April 23, 2013, 07:51:32 PM
doing all of these at once

also let it be known that I have 3 hours before i'm supposed to seek medical attention

you should have done it after it's been 24 hours dude...is there anything else wrong with you like, are you sickl, dizzy or having headaches alot? Just go see a doctor, trust me i know it.

Wayshow

inb4 it comes back tomorrow ##

Keith

Quote from: Wayshow on April 26, 2013, 03:35:20 AM
inb4 it comes back tomorrow ##

noo its been almost 48 hours since i got rid of them IM GOOD

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wayshow

So does that mean I'm free to scare you now? :)

Chilli

Thanks babylon

-Ex The Sabre Clan 2004-2013
-Event team
-Warlord
-Leader