• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=green][Accepted][/color] Ronmanola's application

Started by Ronmanola, May 23, 2013, 10:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronmanola

About You and Your Account
I'm applying to the Wilderness Guardians clan

1. What is your current RuneScape username, and what are your past usernames, if any?
Ronmanola

2. Tell us about your RuneScape account and history (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities, etc.):
This account began in Nov 2004, and I played a bit until summer 2010 at which point a girl came into my life and after about a year and a half sabbatical for the wedding and such, I returned to RS. EOC came and ruined the game for me so I once again took a break and have returned because of OSRS. I used to do a bit of warring with clans such as blades of serenity, the death monkeighs, wicked fury, and more clans that I can't recall atm. Most recently I quit the elite paladins after being in-active in the clan for a few months. They were a great clan but their focus is eoc and I am looking for an OSRS clan.

3. Tell us about yourself (Name (if you are comfortable), gender, age, country, hobbies, music, talents, likes and dislikes):
You can call me Ron.
Male
AZ, USA
I collect/use guns (handguns and more recently AR-15s)
Classical music
No talents really
I like girls (married one) and don't like peas or snow.

4. How did you hear about us, and what makes you want to join WG?
WG used to ac wars when I was in TDM. I spent the day reading through several clan sites including: VR, DF, DI, ROT, Gen, and many more. WG seems to be the one with the least drama and highest morals.

Your PvP Experience

5. What multi-combat PvP experience do you have? Be sure to mention any recent or past F2P or P2P PvP clans you have been in.
A lot of f2p-style warring back in the day (~2006). I was also an anti-rc-pker for a good year or two(not multi-combat). I did a little BH as noted by my highscores in the eoc-game. Also I did a lot of castlewars back when you actually needed skill and a fast pid to win the games. I've got very little multi-way p2p wildy experience and the little I've had, I've hated.

6. Our warring times are usually between 4PM EST/9PM GMT and 6PM EST/11PM GMT on weekends, and sometimes weekdays. Can you regularly be active at these times?
I almost never play on sundays, that day is reserved for time with my wife. Saturdays, it depends on my wife's schedule and during the week, it depends on work.

7. Do you agree to keep your PvP gear well stocked? Can you stock up on the required gear found as a sticky in the 'Join the Clan' forum?
I'm a quest noob so I can't utilize all the gear yet but expenses are not an issue. I usually keep the items that I use on a regular basis, very well stocked. i.e. at the time of this app I have 190k waters, 16k chaos, 13k deaths, 2k blood, 2k super sets, 5k sharks, etc. As time goes on, my stock will become more complete as I'm still working on getting all the supplies I need in OSRS.

8. Do you understand that all PvP events are mandatory if you are online, and that you face removal from the clan should you blatantly skip these events?
I love f2p-style pvp events such as the fight pit one today and I will give p2p-style events a try again however if I dislike them as much as I did in the past, I would request the right to leave the clan so I do not have to attend the p2p-style pvp events.

Your Activity and Availability

9. Do you agree to check our forums daily, be on IRC at all times while you are in game, and to be on TeamSpeak for all wars and raids? (Please note, these are third party programs, but clans have been using them for years and are crucial to our success, as such they ARE a requirement.  Further details can be provided on request.)
Check our forums daily: No
be on IRC at all times while you are ingame: No, I have tried various clients such as SK and do not like them so I play on the RS downloadable client.
be on TeamSpeak for all wars and raids: If the area where I am gaming allows (sometimes I play in public areas). I have used TS in the past and would be willing to use it again.

10. Is there anything in the near future that may impact your activity or ability to attend events?
I'm closing on a house in a month (moving etc) and I have two-business related trips this summer.

BeeBee

How did you survive in a top clan like VR and ROT if you did not check their forums daily and used IRC?

Bit concerned you refuse to check the forums daily as short preps may pop up.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Ronmanola

Hi Panda,

I was never in VR actually but can't recall if I was in ROT or not. I  do not play RS everyday and in the past I usually find out when events get posted and check for the next week's events. I then check my schedule and see what times I can make those events and if at all possible I adjust my work schedule to make events I'd like to go to. I can not guarantee to check the forums everyday which is why I said no however I will make every effort to check it a few times a week.

Thanks,
Ron

Ronmanola

I don't know if you're in the IRC, but if you are, scroll up and you'll find a reason why I do not like being required to stay in uncensored chats. That is something Jagex actually monitors reasonably well.

Mojo

Hi Ron, what are you concerns with SwiftKit? I find it a very useful client to use while I play rs, the IRC client is just one of many useful functions.

Anyway, welcome and I hope to see you in IRC soon :)

e: posted before seeing your new replies, i'm guessing you were talking about this: (22:29:11) <+Mami_Tomoei> 8=======D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Liszewan

Quote from: Ronmanola on May 23, 2013, 10:33:30 PM
I don't know if you're in the IRC, but if you are, scroll up and you'll find a reason why I do not like being required to stay in uncensored chats. That is something Jagex actually monitors reasonably well.
Whats the reason?;o And we have our own chat that only members are able to join, the chat that you're in is just the lobby

And checking forums a few times a week is pretty good

BeeBee

Sorry I  misread your app.

My question on the forum in general still stands.

I'm not in IRC very much at the moment. Busy IRL.

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Twizlers300

Welcome to WG, nice app.

BTW a strong requirement to being in the clan world is staying active with clan matters.  The forums can be bookmarked and checked as easily as checking your email so I think it's possible to check them every day.  While most of our events are on weekends, we do post them pretty well in advance but in case of a shorter prep time, it would be useful to quickly glance over certain areas of our forums.

Anyway I remember TDM, they were a HUGE clan (at least had a huge member list) back in the day.  Blades of Serenity sounds really familiar as well...

Ronmanola

Hi Mojo, I usually play rs with rs on half my screen and work/other stuff on the other side and the RS client serves this purpose best for me. My only experience with TS is with like a max of 6 or so users so I can't say that I have experience with a sizeable audience all competing to be heard.

You are correct in your assumption of your edit, I was applying to this clan because it seemed like a more mature community not in the sense that the people are old enough to talk about 'adult' matter but rather that they act more like respectable people. If I am wrong in this assumption I would rather know that now.

PS When I was writing this reply, 2 more replies were posted which I will address here:
Liszewan, Mojo copied a portion of the offensive material into his response.
Panda, I still can't guarantee to check the forums every day but if you ask the leaders from any clan I've been in, I would expect that they would indicate that I was active in those clans also.
Twizlers, All of the clans I was in were always 100+ active members and one of my good friends still is active in leadership of TDM.

Mojo

I think you've got the wrong first impression unfortunately. If you stick around the IRC, forums and clan chat for longer then hopefully your views will change. I can't force you to do that, but I hope you will :P
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

BeeBee

Honestly.
WG is the most sensitive clan I've been in. They're less computer-screeny and more person on the other side.
Regarding the forums, I'm not too bothered that you cant view EVERY day, but I just want you to realise that it needs to be checked often enough ;)

Wizard

Good luck on your decision, checking forums often and irc/ts3 are a need to have honestly.

His Lordship

I always appreciate it so much more when a member has done their research and chosen us in full knowledge of what's out there.
Thank you for that investment of time, and welcome to the forums!

So you like classical music huh?
We're going to get along just fine :)

Ronmanola

His Lordship, I have a degree in music theory and violin was my performance major.

His Lordship

I'm so sure we must have spoken before.
That reminds me of someone I used to talk with about music a few years ago.
My degree is in composition, and I'm doing my Master of Music right now in London.

Lighten

Creeper975

Ronmanola

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Alpha