• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Evolution of PVP Combat!

Started by Quikdrawjoe, October 11, 2013, 06:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quikdrawjoe

[qfc]45-46-530-65177282[/qfc]
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

Randy

Exciting news. Hopefully the WG runefest crew can make an impact.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Patty

Will be interesting to see what they do. Unfortunately I know most of the people on 07 are very closed minded.

Mami Tomoei

Mojo

glad they are trying to do something about it
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Al

I've tweeted the guy that's hosting the session, Mod Pips, and he knows WG will be there. As you know almost all the J-Mods already know of us. They've set the stage for us and everyone to help fix PvP, so we should really take advantage of this. Let's at least start with our own concerns, we don't need to scour and consult with everyone.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

His Lordship

Quikdrawjoe

PVPers want dangerous, active, simple game mechanics that recognizes clans within Runescape and gives them the means to compete in a more objective way.  Honestly, the Tip.It Clan Tournament was one of the closest things that ever came close to a good system (Jagex Cup and RSC both copied a lot of the format from the TICT).  I'm not sure how you could implement that into some sort of high score system (the basic Kill-Death Ratio and clan stats now are way off target).

Dangerous  - Make Wilderness activities excluding quests exclusively on PVP worlds similar to the Bounty/PVP worlds.  That would mean Warbands would only be available on PVP worlds.  With fewer worlds for people to fight on there is a higher chance PVPers will run into each other.

Active - PVP worlds, as I said before.  Less worlds means more chances to run into other PVPers.

Simple - EoC was one of the worst things to happen to PVP.  It's frankly too complicated for clans, not only on an individual level but coordinating that many people is too complicated.  Ideally, there would be something similar to Momentum that didn't use abilities and only used auto attacks.  Also, a method say a banner that clans could activate to trigger RS to track the number of kills vs deaths when clans were fighting in the Wilderness.  Once one clan ended the item would be activated to signal it stop counting.  PVP fights would have a measurable statistic that would show which clan outperformed the other rather than just ending options.

I'm banned from RSC. :P
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

Mojo

looks like Gene's trying to destroy his rsc rep count again ##
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Randy

Posted. I also encourage posting on the reddit thread, the Jmods are watching it.

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Lighten

Best of luck with this. It would be nice to see PvP active again on RS3, changed and alive. I'm counting on you WG.