• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Why Runescape is Dying

Started by His Lordship, November 28, 2013, 11:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

His Lordship

This Babylon

Quote from: His Lordship on December 01, 2013, 03:51:22 PM
EoC for PVM is pretty decent.
it is, but with they did ruin pvp with the toggle and everything. the combat system would be pretty decent if they took some of the ideas from that runefest video and used them.

Mack

Your ideas are well thought out and the video was amazing.  Seeing that you as the leader of this clan has so much pride in rs and pvp is just amazing. Which is the reason im on these forums posting on this topic and will be a future OSRS member. Hopefully one day Jagex will take your ideas and put them to use.

Desert593

Hopefully they listen and bring back pking because I do want to stat in that community.

Lox415

EOC is actually hurting the game more than helping. Yeah its a change of style in fighting but they went way to far with it. I don't know if Jagex actually took time to stop and think about what they were doing when they launched this update.

Now that were stuck with the EOC we must atleast try to save PKing (the Wilderness). PVM has been getting way to much attention to the point were the PVMers feel sorry for the PKers. PKing was a main part of Runescape and it seems like it is totally dead. Jagex needs to work out plans, and your Wilderness bio has a lot to offer.

Good work, Happy New Year!

"for dust you are and to dust you will return."
-Genesis 3:19

Manacoid

It's refreshing that someone is actually trying to do something about whats going on with Runescape.

The game community has completely diminished, the generation that played before and the generation that plays now is completltly different. Without the great community the game had years ago the game is just less appealing.

The company itself has changed from giving a decent game with great community to money hoarders. Of course a company needs money to survive but as soon as I log onto F2P I see at least 6 different ways Jagex want's someone to subscribe. It's sickening to see a subscribe button on the left of the screen. It can't be helped really.

Sean

Quote from: Manacoid on January 04, 2014, 09:26:23 PM
It's refreshing that someone is actually trying to do something about whats going on with Runescape.

The game community has completely diminished, the generation that played before and the generation that plays now is completltly different. Without the great community the game had years ago the game is just less appealing.

The company itself has changed from giving a decent game with great community to money hoarders. Of course a company needs money to survive but as soon as I log onto F2P I see at least 6 different ways Jagex want's someone to subscribe. It's sickening to see a subscribe button on the left of the screen. It can't be helped really.
They became more and more money hoarding once Andrew, Paul and co. began selling their shares to venture capital companies. The money from which, it would appear, has been invested in games such as MechScape (scrapped), Stellar Dawn (permanent hiatus), 8realms (scrapped), FunOrb (discontinued) and their publishing attempt with War of Legends (no game updates in almost a year). Their current endeavour with Hasbro in Transformers Universe is already massively delayed, I'm half expecting that to be scrapped or flop.

The investors must see this, and I doubt they're happy. They will be forcing Jagex to milk the cash cow of RuneScape to get a return on their investment. That's how I see it anyway.

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

slayer123121

Quote from: His Lordship on November 28, 2013, 11:20:59 PM
Why Runescape is Dying - His Lordship Speaks Out

Thoughts?

Damn Lordy, i've been back for 2 weeks for first time since 06 and your SPOT ON. Wtf are all these bars of Adrenaline etc! Get rid, i don't want this junk, i want simpler combat, not the 5000 buttons i currently have, atm i wouldn't dare going into the Wilderness Pking! Make it simpler i'll be on more, and all the oldies will return/you'll drive newer players into staying as PVP is THE way forward.

All in All great video, and i do like this Rs3 i do, however like you said simplfy the combat system and make the wild simple again and it'll make the game much MUCH better.
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

sweat

If they did a legitimate poll like the one for 07 servers, but it was to take eoc out of rs3, and it required like 5M member accounts to vote for it, I bet it would reach that goal. The only major problem Jagex has with it is the time they invested in eoc. It would require a lot of back tracking to make all the new current top tier weapons be balanced in the old combat system. Tons of stats and special attacks would have to be made.
Proud supporter of Awesome Games Done Quick, a non profit organization that supports the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Thanks to all the speed runners who help make each event awesome and enjoyable.