• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

GUIDE: DEMONIC GORILLAS by SQUEAK

Started by Squeak4Me, July 23, 2016, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squeak4Me

Hello guys!
With suggestion from Milky Mars I've decided to make a guide on demonic gorillas, also since they are an excellent way of making money.
This will be a strategy guide and will include some gear suggestions aswell.

Gear suggestions (on task):
[Melee setup]
Head: Slayer Helm (i)
Top: Bandos Chestplate>Fighter Torso
Bottom: Bandos Tassets>Dragon Platelegs>God D'hide Chaps
Boots: Primordial Boots>Pegasian Boost>Dragon Boots>Snakeskin boots
Cape: Firecape>Range Skillcape>Obsidian Cape
Neck: Amulet of Torture>Amulet of Fury
Ring: Berserker Ring (i)>Warrior ring (i)
Gloves: Barrows Gloves>Rune Gloves
Weapon: Abyssal Bludgeon>Abyssal Dagger/Whip+Dragon Defender>Saradomin Sword (Good for budget and for less switches). Bludgeon is highly recommended since they are weak against crush attacks.

[Range Setup]
Head: Same
Top: Armadyl Chestplate>God D'hide body
Bottom: Same
Boots: Same
Cape: Same (Ranging cape) or Ava's
Neck: Same
Ring: Same
Gloves: same
Weapon: Toxic Blowpipe with adamant darts

You will need both of these setups, don't bother using mage, it's not worth it.

[Inventory]
Your gear switches, 3 or 4 items.
6 Prayer potions (Can upper this number when you get used to them and feel that you'll be able to handle them with less food)
1 Ranging potion
1 Super Combat Potion
Royal seed pod (Not mandadory but I recommend it as means of teleporation there and as a one-click teleport)
Food, the type of food is up to you and chosen by your budget. I usually go with pineapple pizzas, and sometimes monkfish/potato with cheese.

[Mechanics]
The mechanics of the demonic gorillas are quite simple, but can take time to master.
They use three attackstyles, you will use two.

Their defensive mechanics:
When you deal a certain amount of damage to them, I've heard 54, they will switch protetion prayer, don't bother counting your hits, it's very easy to notice their swaps, and your character will also stop attacking. At this point, you NEED to switch to your other attackstyle.

Their offensive mechanics:
When they hit three 0's with one attackstyle, they will change attackstyle. Now this is the tricky part to learn. In the beginning this will turn into a nightmare if you aren't prepared. This sounds quite simple, but remember they have three different attackstyles. This means, after the gorilla has hit three 0's, you have a fifty percent chance to guess the correct prayer. But this isn't particularly good for longer trips, since they can hit above 30 if you use the wrong prayer. You want to take as low amount of damage as possible. To do this, we'll split up the different attackstyles and what you can do to predict the coming attack and extend your trips.

[Melee]
This one is easily recognized, they need to come close to you to be able to attack.

[Mage]
They lift their legs similar to Jad, and spit a green blob at you.

[Range]
They throw a small rock at you.

[Special Attack]
This attack is used when they are on their mage or range phase, a giant rock will fall from the cealing and hit you if you don't move at least one square. Be wary, this attack can visually bug out if you stand next to a wall!

Starting off:
When you arrive to the cave, run a bit east and click on the dark area to your north, this will make you run up a small rock-stair and take you to the single area, then continue west untill you're past the tortured gorillas and arrive at a fairly large room filled with demonic gorillas.

At arrival, pray mage, they will start attacking you; is there a green blob coming towards you? Yes? Good, then don't switch prayer, and count that as hit one.
Did you get hit? Was is a rock coming towards you or did a gorilla hit you with his paws? Pray range/melee accordingly, and do not count that as hit one, when the first 0 hits you, then start counting 1...2...3 (SWITCH)...1...2...3. But! You remember those 50%'s I wrote about? Good! Lets make those odds a bit more to our favor.

[Predictions]
Lets say the first hit was magic and you started counting up to three, while hitting them with MELEE, good! But now? After the third hit, quickly protect from MISSILES and run away, even if this means you'll lose one or two hits. Does the gorilla follow you? No? Good, then he'll throw rocks at you and you're using the correct attackstyle for your prayer, and you'll once again start counting to three. Did he follow you? Oops, gotta change prayer to MELEE before he catches you!

We are now assuming that you're done with the counting, and during the time he switched prayer to protect from melee, so now you're standing there with you blowpipe, a few squares away. At the third 0, you'll be able to instantly see if he's going to walk towards you or if he's going to stand his ground or mage you, start with protect from MAGIC, and then quickly change to MELEE if he's walking towards you.
CAUTION: IF THE GORILLA IS CHANGING HIS PRAYER, THE WALK TOWARDS YOU WILL BE DELAYED!!

Now we have two possible outcomes, if he went to his magic phase, not a problem, just keep counting, if you have to melee him, walk back a few squares every third attack to see if he's going to melee you or not, while switching to the long ranged prayer (Ranged/Magic).

Lets assume he did walk towards you and you switched to protect from melee. Now after these 3 zeroes
he'll switch to either mage or range. This is the ONLY time you should be taking damage along with the first hit.

Since your ranged defense bonus should be higher than your magic bonus, always pray against magic after these 3 melee hits. You do not have to run anywhere whilst switching from melee to the other longranged, except if you forget your count, which is always an easy thing to do. He attacked you with magic? Excellent, start counting again, did he switch to ranged and smacked you for a 30? Switch to protect from MISSILES and start counting after his first 0. Did you tank the damage and still got hit by a zero, good for you! Then you can start counting that as his first hit.

[Tips & Tricks]
-If you happen to lose your count, try to think logically, how long time has he been hitting you with the specific attack? If he's using melee you can always try running back after each hit to see if he follows you, he doesn't? Switch to protect from magic.
-Don't listen to music while killing these, at least in the beginning. They require a bit of focus and practice.
-Take advantage of your ears! Turn on in game sounds and count the sounds! Remember, if they hit above 0, start counting: zero, one, two, three.

If you wish to know more, please leave a comment!

This information is not copied and came straight from my own experience.

GL & HF, get dem zenyte bois.
Squeak out.

Milky Mars

You're a god, now I can start killin these gorillas.  :afro: Thanks bro

Ofrran

Nice guide man, why don't you add in some pictures too?

Squeak4Me

I'll try to take some screens at next task! Will upload some gear setup pics tomorrow aswell :)

m249

working on doing mm2 for my black demons task, hopefully your guide will be helpful when i finish !
I slay swamp donkeys for fun

Yikes

Nice guide, I'm definitely gonna use! Got 250 bulk demon task ATM so wish me luck lol