• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

What are some American candy that's hard to find in the uk?

Started by Asaad, December 20, 2013, 04:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asaad

Basically sending my friend who lives in the uk a Xmas present.

This is basically a question for all the uk peeps. Is there anything you really enjoy that you can't get over there? Reese's? Maybe a Mountain Dew?
[spoiler]
Guardian from 02/12 - 07/13!
[/spoiler]

BeeBee

We have Mountain Dew, I just think we dont have the huge 1l bottles. Pretty sure I remember seeing Reese's around but I'm not sure since I've been to America 3 times so I could have seen them in a shop over there!

I'm pretty shit when it comes to knowing what we dont have sorry :<
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Sean

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on December 20, 2013, 04:33:05 PM
We have Mountain Dew, I just think we dont have the huge 1l bottles. Pretty sure I remember seeing Reese's around but I'm not sure since I've been to America 3 times so I could have seen them in a shop over there!

I'm pretty shit when it comes to knowing what we dont have sorry :<
Most Asda stores now sell Hershey's and Reese's chocolate, at least in the larger ones. Pretty sure I've seen them in Sainsbury's too.

Not sure why you'd buy them though, they taste of arse compared to British chocolate. :P

~ Former Elite of The Sabre Clan :: RuneFest 2010 & 2011 Attendee ~
~ Original Descendant Guardian :: Ex-Wilderness Guardian (2005-2006) ~

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Owen

How do I know what we don't have.

That's like asking a blind person what colour the sky is where he lives.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Asaad

Pft lol right. Meh, idk. I went with a Reece's, Kitkat, and a butterfinger. c:

So as long as those candies are not prevalent in England my gift was a success.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wizard

yingyang06

I know alot of candy shops in Kent have started to stock Twinkies (after they were bought out of bankruptcy)
Lady Yingyang06
93/99 Prayer

PineappleTom

3 musketeers, twinkies, tootsie roll, twizzlers, grape-head, air-head, gobstoppers, nerds/dweebs can be hard to find at times, sour skittles (with the sugar coatings), Hershey's kisses, Charleston chews etc.

All of these are available in certain places, but generally considered American sweets and difficult to find at at times.

Asaad

Thanks for the incredible ideas, esp you Keith.

Alas, it was already sent on December 20.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]