• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Goin to court

Started by ramim4, December 12, 2012, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramim4

Now a days u can call ppl fat even if they are. its bs. Sorry guys i have to go to court today cuz i called this girl tht was being a a drama queen a bitch. so im just nervous and kind of pissed off. Just wanted to know ur feelings on the matter and if u guys think i was wrong in calling her tht.

This Babylon

uwot m8?

jk, good luck. just be a nice guy to her and apoligize before you go in, they may drop the charges.

Elyxiatic

I highly doubt someone would take you to court for calling them fat, unless you were harassing them.
In any case you should be thinking about people's feelings before you say those type of things.

Robertwb69

You are going to court over calling someone a bitch lol? That doesn't make much sense.

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Buns

wait wait... "bitch" and then to court? lmfao w0t

#America?

Raging Mage2

So what did you actually do.

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

This Babylon

Vio

If someone took me to court over calling them a bitch, I'd buy a gun, shoot them, and ask for a murder charge instead.

IlIScottIlI

you call a horse a horse and you shouuld call a fat bitch a fat bitch.....

but no you should apologize and say you wish you could take the words back and have never said them... but you cant/....

you'll get comunity service and probably have to write  a lletter of apology

Toby

People can harass people who smokes, drinks etc and you can't call people fat just because they are fat. LOL
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

btraill

Sounds like you're missing a part of the story here... You are going to court because you called someone a bitch? Highly doubtful. While that IS technically "harassment" no court would waste their time with something so silly. Care to explain the actual situation?

Al

Quote from: btraill on December 13, 2012, 11:44:49 PM
Sounds like you're missing a part of the story here... You are going to court because you called someone a bitch? Highly doubtful. While that IS technically "harassment" no court would waste their time with something so silly. Care to explain the actual situation?

dude i think ur missing part of the story, he specifically wrote he was going to court because he called a girl fat
and @ Robertwb yeah you too lol

Quote from: Robertwb69 on December 12, 2012, 10:03:25 PM
You are going to court over calling someone a bitch lol? That doesn't make much sense.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

Quote from: Al on December 13, 2012, 11:58:34 PM

dude i think ur missing part of the story, he specifically wrote he was going to court because he called a girl fat
and @ Robertwb yeah you too lol

Quote from: ramim4 on December 12, 2012, 09:24:22 PM
Sorry guys i have to go to court today cuz i called this girl tht was being a a drama queen a bitch.

u sure he called her fat bro?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Randy

I only murdered her whole family and called her fat wtf is wrong with America...

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Rachellove9

The part we don't know is how publicly he did it.

If it was very public like from a stage then it is not just harassment but defamation of a person by unprivileged oral communication made to a third party known as slander.

Also her profession could play a part in this type of case if her body fat is an issue for her job.

QuoteAn action for slander may be brought without alleging and proving special damages if the statements in question have a plainly harmful character, as by imputing to the plaintiff criminal guilt, serious sexual misconduct, or conduct or a characteristic affecting his or her business or profession.

It's crazy but I've seen similar cases to this about calling people fat.

I'd say to apologize and offer something to her to make it better before it goes to court.
Just not a box of chocolates or something that will make her more fat.  lol

Vio

Don't forget it's america... people have been successfully sued for eating a work colleague's biscuits...

Mojo

Quote from: Kez on December 14, 2012, 04:10:20 PM

Don't forget it's america... people have been successfully sued for eating a work colleague's biscuits...
That is the worst crime I've heard of in my history in WG
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

ramim4

wat i got was is basically a restraining order but a step down from it cuz it only lasts for 2 years and i have to do 16 hrs of community service. and they takin it seriously b/c shes my ex gf and they think tht i was at her house one day sitting in the drive way in a black car. even though 1 i cant drive 2 none of my family members own a black car 3 i was at a football game 4 i was with 5 friends at the game. so i was like wtf watever i dont want to talk to her anyway. the no contact goes both ways so if she even talks to me she can get charged with harassment so im happy. and if she even mentions my name she can get charged as well so im happy again.

Armybuilder

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Pacman Syu

What on earth? How old are you? This is stupid.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

btraill

@Al -- huh???

and @ Robertwb yeah you too lo

Now a days u can call ppl fat even if they are. its bs. Sorry guys i have to go to court today cuz i called this girl tht was being a a drama queen a bitch. so im just nervous and kind of pissed off. Just wanted to know ur feelings on the matter and if u guys think i was wrong in calling her tht.

Coach

So they treated as a domestic case then, because you can't just get sued for calling someone a name unless it is a hate crime. Or id be locked up for getting drunk and calling girls sluts everynight haha

btraill

Quote from: Coach on December 16, 2012, 03:45:12 AM
So they treated as a domestic case then, because you can't just get sued for calling someone a name unless it is a hate crime. Or id be locked up for getting drunk and calling girls sluts everynight haha

That was my point. You don't just get summoned to court over a verbal insult like "bitch" or "fat".