• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Wildflame, Returning Home

Started by Lady Wildflame, June 21, 2011, 01:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Wildflame

1. Tell us about your RuneScape history and your account (e.g. when you started, what your RSN means, favourite activities etc.) :
My RS name is Wildflame. I've used that name since I was twelve, as a truncation of "Flame of the Wild" - a kind of reckless spirit I wish I could tap into more often.

The "110" comes because the original "Wildflame" was taken. One of my favourite games of all time is Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries. In that game, you pilot a giant humanoid war machine called a mech. In the startup process your mech goes through several checks, concluding with "1, 1, 0. All systems operational." I took my "110" from that.

I began playing Runescape Classic in December 2003, when a close personal friend who I attended high school with introduced me to the game, and to the clan he was just forming at the time. It was called "The Wilderness Guardians". I wrote the original motto, "Shield of the Innocent".

Through the next three years I played fairly constantly, helping Eugene with running his clan, occasionally rising up to lead, but mostly just being the one person behind the scenes who was always on his side. On the outside, we remained very close friends, sharing a particular interest in classical musical composition.

In 2006 I went to law school, met a girl who lived half a country away, and started playing World of Warcraft. I pretty much retired from Runescape at that point, and my life since then has generated quite a few tales! But I shouldn't tell everything already... else you'll get bored of me. =)

In-game I was a great fan of crafting, reaching 84 crafting and a peak of rank 1400 or so before retiring. Nowadays I'm not sure what I plan to do, but I'm only 118 combat so that must be my priority for the time being.

2. Tell us more about yourself (Age, country/state, gender, hobbies, music, skills, likes and dislikes):
My name is Matthew, and I am 23 years of age. I was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia but now reside in Melbourne, Victoria with my girlfriend - the same one I met in '06. Five years, almost. Wow!

In my spare time I like to read non-fiction in the fields of economics, philosophy, politics and popular science. My preferred fiction is fantasy and science fiction. I particularly recommend the Belgariad series by David Eddings for anyone who likes high fantasy.

I play Starcraft 2 very poorly.

I am immensely interested in music, am trained in flute and voice, and hope to one day make at least a partial living from my compositions.

I love stand-up comedy and dream of one day having the balls to write and perform my own five-minute routine, even at an open mike night... probably never going to happen, though.

I detest the Dunning-Kreuger effect, especially because I exhibit it often.

3. How did you hear about us and what makes you want to join WG or DG:
I started playing RS so I could be in this clan.

4. Are there any current WG or DG members who you already know:
Too many to list. =)

5. Any additional comments:
I copied and pasted my responses from my previous introduction topic here, hence the eerie similarities. =)

Thanks, Luke.

James

Vephy

Hello nice application.  Good luck being active and applying.

Dog b2

Welcome back to wg and new fourms   :o <coolest emote EVER

Mark

Good to see you back around :)

I set the standard.

Alex

Wow a very old face. Remember you from back in 05-06.

Wayshow

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06