• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Google Chrome support for Java ending.

Started by Mojo, March 30, 2015, 03:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Jagex said today that Google plan to end support for Java and some other plugins very soon. So if you use Chrome to play you'll have to use the client or switch browsers.
If you use Chrome within SwiftKit go to View > Settings and "Disable Chrome as Internal Browser", this will mean it uses IE instead.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

PineappleTom

Quote from: Mojo on March 30, 2015, 03:29:03 PM
Jagex said today that Google plan to end support for Java and some other plugins very soon. So if you use Chrome to play you'll have to use the client or switch browsers.
If you use Chrome within SwiftKit go to View > Settings and turn off Chrome, this will mean it uses IE instead.

Wasn't IE dying or was that a rumour I heard?

Mojo

Quote from: Rodney75 on March 30, 2015, 03:53:48 PM
If you use Chrome within SwiftKit go to View > Settings and turn off Chrome, this will mean it uses IE instead.

it's being renamed but not dying.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Frozen 10

Spartan will replace IE.
A new web browser which will come out with Windows 10.

Kat

That's weird! I use the client download :)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Devin

Quote from: Mojo on March 30, 2015, 04:09:02 PM

It's like Clan America -> Synergy
Joined as Initatiate Guardian on December 29, 2014
Graduated to Guardian on January 10, 2015
Member of the Month January 2015
Promoted to Event Master on March 8, 2015

Promoted to Application Manager on May 9, 2015

Hall of fame:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

james o_o

Ars Technica

Quote from: Devin on March 30, 2015, 06:12:33 PM
Quote from: Mojo on March 30, 2015, 04:09:02 PM

It's like Clan America -> Synergy

It's a new browser being built from the ground up, the software package known as Internet Explorer is being discontinued entirely. Less work to start fresh than keep trying to fix IE's issues. More similar to two models of cars being made by the same manufacturer. Similar but completely different cars.
RIP Multikill529, permabanned 4 NOV 2014

Fatboy Rules

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]