• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[Not a debate topic] So how come...

Started by Snowzak, April 25, 2015, 03:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowzak

Yeah so I was browsing the Zybez recaps of WG's recent fights and there seemed to be this general mood of "RS3 is lame" in responses from other people.

Being neo-noob to the current clan world, can somebody clear this up for me: is all clanning happening in 07 now?

I don't want to reopen the RS3 vs 07 debate which seems to stir some passion up- would just like to be filled in on how/when this shift happened

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

Scimmy

Most 07 people generally have no respect for RS3, if the guy your referring to is "jimbob" then don't listen to a thing he says lmfao

hes in DP/CP and posted this - http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1678225-do-youve-respect-for-rs3-clans/

That could answer your question

"It began with a scorpion"
[spoiler=My Hall of Fame]

[/spoiler]

Fatboy Rules

yeah, most 07 nigs don't like rs3.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Smokadabowla

Well eoc made me quit the game, so it's pretty understandable why I don't like it.

Snowzak

That topic was interesting. So basically lack of a competitive environment and the fact that combat dynamics are now 'flawed'?

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

I CE Y

Mojo

Quote from: Snowzak on April 25, 2015, 05:55:32 PM
That topic was interesting. So basically lack of a competitive environment and the fact that combat dynamics are now 'flawed'?
The EoC dynamics aren't flawed at all. It's just very different style to the previous style of RS. Legacy can be a bit flawed though as you can get killed very fast by some lucky hits.

But to answer your question: every major clan is on OSRS. The top 5 being VR, RoT, DI, DF and EoS. They can all pull 50+.
The top F2P clan in RS3, CE, can probably just about pull 30. Although there are P2P Warband teams, not clans, that can pull 40+.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

james o_o

I've talked to a lot of people who don't like EoC and play 07. The main argument is that EoC took away the simple and user-friendly aspects of Runescape that 07 embodies. It also took out the Wilderness which was the majority of the player base. A lot of players also play for the nostalgia. And one last thing is that if they wanted to play a game like EoC, they would just play WoW or Guild Wars which is so much better.

I CE Y

Quote from: james o_o on April 25, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
I've talked to a lot of people who don't like EoC and play 07. The main argument is that EoC took away the simple and user-friendly aspects of Runescape that 07 embodies. It also took out the Wilderness which was the majority of the player base. A lot of players also play for the nostalgia. And one last thing is that if they wanted to play a game like EoC, they would just play WoW or Guild Wars which is so much better.

You can't say that EOC took away the wildy... it's still full of people on World 18 and then when warbands is starting people flock to differents parts of the wilderness.

Lmao at the last bit

Al

Quote from: james o_o on April 25, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
It also took out the Wilderness which was the majority of the player base.

It did. You can say the wildy still has warbands and stuff, but it's not nearly the same as always having people and clans roaming in the wilderness. I'm not sure about the W18 activity Icey's talking about though, are there clans pking in it now? I'm skeptical, because if there was I think more of us (clans) would already be getting involved.

Don't forget...I forgot when exactly, but after EoC was released, the wilderness toggle also came out (http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Single-Way_Wilderness). This was the nail in the coffin for the clan world, a lot people quit again. To me, this plus EoC was sort of like a wildy removal part 2. I remember us talking to Mod Ash in and RS forum thread and they wouldn't budge/listen. People felt most of them were too new to comprehend what the clan world was like and wanted. They were coming out with videos whilst EoC was in beta and being worked on, and people watched in surprise ("Wait, what's happening to my game?"), which was sort of putting salt in the wound. EoC changed the game for a lot of people in a very bad way. They felt ripped off. It was buggy at first, people simply didn't like it and couldn't accept it. Too big of a change and didn't feel like RS as we know it.

Then the idea of an OSRS was come up with, and hence the lot of people that still had time to play came back...but easily animosity of the communities grew against each other. It got kind of bad when we first started another 07 unit. People thought it was okay to throw shots at RS3 players like "Why do you play that game?" Flames and arguments started and so on, you could probably imagine. I think OSRS players in general sort of see RS3 players as traitors...sort of the 'dark side' and are just passionate and defensive about their choice.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Mojo

It's worth pointing out that the Wilderness was kinda dead before EoC. The Wilderness Bio gives a full history of the Wildy, I'd suggest people watch it again :P

http://youtu.be/kU8-mtY5ZKg
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Wayshow

I wasn't here in 07, so I can't comment objectively, but I've only experienced immature behaviour from die-hard 07'ers (i.e. "I don't know why you play RSshit3, it's so shit blah blah"), even though they're supposed to be 8 years more mature than when it was actually 2007. The only reason I play 07 is to play with WG. WG was also pretty absent from 07scape until lately, and I don't pay attention to the clan world so I don't know how far the clan world has grown since it was released.
I don't think the combat system itself is flawed in legacy (other than perhaps the overpowered G2h lol). If anything, the 07 system is more flawed (towards ranged & melee). EoC definitely isn't flawed though, it's just more complicated.

slayer123121

Wildy died before 07, it was just prolonged by day long fights.

I came back after quitting 08-14. took awhile but Rs3 is the way.
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

Al

Actually WG wasn't absent from 07 lol. When it first started we were one of the most dominant mid-sized clans in it. We ran with a ~40 memberlist and kicked ass. I say mid-size cause we didn't have the size clans like RoT and others did.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

CatchyMalice

So how come...
The RuneScape community is so less apt to help or even be nice in general? Everyone seems to play with a certain air of cynicism. What event or action need to be taken so that this can chagne?