• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Clarification on sniping

Started by Snowzak, June 22, 2015, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowzak

Is it NH now? What qualifies as sniping, how can you differentiate it from misclicking?  O_O

London RL Meeting attendee - Paris RL meeting attendee
Joined WG in October 2005 - Original DG - Ex-Raid Leader
Proud Council Member from October 21st 2007 to May 19th 2008

I CE Y

Sniping is love, sniping is life

Mojo

Well in the ends it's quite simple. If your intent is to attack people who aren't the called pile you are sniping and you should refrain. A missclick isn't NH, nor is attacking a random person when the pile drops. In fact I encourage the latter.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

slayer123121

Dw about Cp, they called us snipers but i think it was more we had alot of people who couldn't see/get on the piles quick enough so were just attacking first person they seen.

Im with Icy tho i  <3 the Sniping. However theirs a time and a place  :/
"The truest wisdom is a resolute determination" ~ Napoleon

Fatboy Rules

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

GT Rey

cp just has no honor mate, however, many other clans do snipe occasionally to get the win

Snowzak

Interesting, sniping used to be a legit tactic..

Mojo

Quote from: Snowzak on June 23, 2015, 04:14:30 PM
back when fights were more high opts!
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Quote from: Mojo on June 23, 2015, 04:38:48 PM
Quote from: Snowzak on June 23, 2015, 04:14:30 PM
back when fights were more high opts!

Do you reckon it's also because now you can pretty much solo 3-hit someone with a gravite 2H? I mean, piling is a tactic that happened because it used to be impossible to KO someone with rune scims unless you had a certain number. It's a bit absurd that the goal is now to pile people to kill them, rather than just kill them. If multiple piles is a more efficient tactic to kill people and not get killed why can't we do that?

I guess it's just one of those absurdities inherent to the clan world, like when fireblasting used to be a no-go for no reason at all...

Mojo

This gif from wikis explains piling pretty well:

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Quote from: Mojo on June 23, 2015, 07:16:52 PM

Woulda been valid a few years ago. But now the assumption you hit 1's with no food stock in the equation is misleading. Since you can hit 330+ a sniper can down someone where before he would've been only a nuisance.

Mojo

Quote from: Snowzak on June 24, 2015, 12:30:44 AM

Woulda been valid a few years ago. But now the assumption you hit 1's with no food stock in the equation is misleading. Since you can hit 330+ a sniper can down someone where before he would've been only a nuisance.
actually I think it's pretty accurate of RS3 today. In the gif they are hitting the equivalent of a 200 every hit because they only have 5hp there. 200 is probably close to the average hit when you factor in misses so I personally don't see that gif as out of date at all.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Meulendijks4

Sniping WG is effective indeed, I would do the same as you will get a couple of kills out of it, same goes for CP.

But if you back in the days sniped Downfall or Clan Europe and you did not pile, you would terribly lose them.

Snowzak

Quote from: Mojo on June 24, 2015, 01:11:47 AM

actually I think it's pretty accurate of RS3 today. In the gif they are hitting the equivalent of a 200 every hit because they only have 5hp there. 200 is probably close to the average hit when you factor in misses so I personally don't see that gif as out of date at all.

Not trying to be obnoxious here but let me clarify: it would have been next to impossible to KO someone if you sniped him back in the day, he'd have to eat up food, but he'd last.

If you snipe today, there's a chance you can down him before he can eat all his food, therefore you gain much more than before by doing it. The .gif is somewhat flawed because the pilers do not stop attacking the pile; if they stop piling and try to hug off the snipers and eat, damage on the pile is also reduced. Even more so if they get ko'd.

I may be wrong, but it's the impression I got from when I got sniped and when I involuntarily sniped in the CP war. I think Lars hit the nail on the head: since I'm not used to the damage you can take from single snipers and since CP are shit like me, it might be effective in a WG v. CP, it's true I don't know about better clans.

Mojo

Quote from: Snowzak on June 24, 2015, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: Mojo on June 24, 2015, 01:11:47 AM

Not trying to be obnoxious here but let me clarify: it would have been next to impossible to KO someone if you sniped him back in the day, he'd have to eat up food, but he'd last.

If you snipe today, there's a chance you can down him before he can eat all his food, therefore you gain much more than before by doing it. The .gif is somewhat flawed because the pilers do not stop attacking the pile; if they stop piling and try to hug off the snipers and eat, damage on the pile is also reduced. Even more so if they get ko'd.

I may be wrong, but it's the impression I got from when I got sniped and when I involuntarily sniped in the CP war. I think Lars hit the nail on the head: since I'm not used to the damage you can take from single snipers and since CP are shit like me, it might be effective in a WG v. CP, it's true I don't know about better clans.
as said at the top, sniping is assumed off in all RS3 wars these days but you're right in saying it could be a legit tactic for some clans if it was on. Our problem would be that our main pile don't find the target as fast as a clan like CE or WF would so I'd personally prefer everybody on one pile.

Also unless you have multiple snipers on you then you should still be able to eat to out in RS3. One person KOing somebody is still rare. You need very bad reactions and good luck of the hits for that to happen. Most warrers are watching their hp and eating to full whenever it drops.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Snowzak

Yep, wasn't suggesting that we should snipe, thanks for the responses though :)