• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Starting a Cider Press

Started by SquelchyFish, August 19, 2015, 07:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquelchyFish

Two years ago I gave up gaming as I joined the Royal Navy, I was off the grid for a little bit but saw some amazing things and went to amazing places. If I stayed any longer i'd owe the Navy 5 years "return of service" where I wouldn't be able to leave unless I bought my way out. Faced with this wall (and not wanting to spend 5 years of my youth stuck below decks on a grey hulk) I decided to leave and start a limited liability company. I like leadership, management, business, adventure, things that you can get in the Navy but in reality you are a small cog in a big machine. Wars nowadays are fought through commerce, battles are in the boardrooms. It's freedom.

We secured a £25,000 loan with a dissertation-like 10,000 word business plan, in my opinion it is one of the best out there - completely overdone, if you'd like to see it I can email it to you. (I won't blow my own trumpet any more, but it is a really nice plan and has helped us get so far so quickly!). We are moving into our industrial unit on the 17th of September and pressing 25 tons of apples on the 1st of October and another 25 tons on the 1st of November, unlike a craft brewery which can buy grain monthly we must buy our apples in season that have to last us the whole year.

We'll be selling a dry, still, craft cider around 6%. Initially in 20L boxes but eventually on cask and in bottles. Our first product is called "Apple Smuggler", our second which will become available mid 2016 is 'Bubbly shipment', the same but primed with sugar to carbonate it. All ciders are to UK CAMRA's specification.

Any publicity is good publicity and i'd really appreciate if you could visit/like our facebook page/ twitter and share it with your friends. I've made some other "things" back in the day which we all trialed at the York RL meet, i've started growing many woad plants and i'm hoping to mix a blend of this cider and label it up as a WG only batch, probably 4 gallons or so for any future events.

Our website will be up in september but for now:

https://www.facebook.com/BeardandSabre
https://twitter.com/Beard_and_Sabre

If you're friends with Warner or Gene you can find me through mutuals and add me if you like (Tom).

Mojo

I didn't know "return of service" existed, sounds dumb.

Anyway good luck with your business, I don't drink so you wouldn't get any business from me! :D
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

Goodluck with your business, all the best!

Keep us updated, i'm intrigued to learn more about it :D

Also wtf when did WG have a York meeting? that's like 30 minutes from where I live  :fp: O.o

Al

Well this looks really legit, good luck with it!
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS