• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

My computer Screen

Started by Wind_Arcus, September 29, 2011, 03:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wind_Arcus

So.. just to say in general, this is what my screen looks like [All the TIME, since about 6 months ago]. So I got my Warranty on it, and im still playing on the laptop till i go to college. Then I'll be buying a new one, which hopefully will never end up doing something like this.

**Note: This white line was painted in, because its a hardware issue, if i were to normally print screen it would just look normal. But that is the exact spot and thickness that the line exists as.

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Mark

No idea, i think this calls for JC + Robbie L:D

I set the standard.

JC

Assuming you're certain that it's hardware then I would suggest a nice external monitor, there's a wide variety of 1080p monitors available in the $120-200 range (Canadian Dollars obviously).

Does the white line show up straight away when you start up the laptop (ie. before windows has started, normally it's a black screen with white writing)?

If you're not certain that it's a hardware issue I would suggest updating your VGA Drivers, depending on your laptop you will either have to get them from the laptop maker (Eg. HP/Dell/Asus) or the Video Card Maker (nVidia, AMD or Intel).
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Wind_Arcus

1. Updated Every Graphics Drive
2. White line appears at the start up of the computer [As a soon to be computer engineer i would know]
3.  Obtained my Warrently for roughly 700 $
4. Im not interested in buying anything if in about 10 months ish im going to get a new laptop for college
5. I left my job for the Semester for school @ high school [I need the highest grade possible (For ME)], I will be returning to that job in February which was guaranteed by my manager.

All in all, this Topic was just to show the line, i have already worked around playing with it

Note: As seen in the picture, only problem i get is when the pin number is behind the white line  :'(

JC

So this topic was basically pointless then :fp:
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Wind_Arcus

yes, it seemed like it fit here, but under any circumstance there is no way to fix it without getting a whole new computer.

Thank you for your time  :P

RobbieThe1st

Just buy a replacement/used OEM screen on Ebay, and install it.
It'll void your warranty, sure, but it's not *that* big of a deal.

I am left handed, and proud of it! (Mostly)Retired from RuneScape.
Old forum posts: 2275(s4+s10+wg.com)+2233(z6)+770(wg.com IPB) Total: 5278
Join date: 4/16/05 | Get Firefox 6 now: http://www.getfirefox.com

Wind_Arcus

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on October 03, 2011, 06:04:19 AM
Just buy a replacement/used OEM screen on Ebay, and install it.
It'll void your warranty, sure, but it's not *that* big of a deal.

Already got the cash from ASUS, they handed it to me without giving back the Laptop [Bunch of retards]. Ya, i guess that would work though