• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Your most expensive Nerd Purchase.

Started by Suffud, January 11, 2016, 08:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suffud

Pretty much curious how much everybody else has spent on something in one go thats considered 'nerdy' not talking about a gaming rig pc or games console though, those are fairly standard.

I play a trading card game called yugioh, and have spent some silly money on that but made a lot too so its counter balanced. However I just brought a Lightsaber replica  for arond £340 which i'm recouping a chunk of the costs from the cards I have spare and are valuable aside from looking cool as hell, and being a childhood dream and using it at a comic con it has no use but to look cool.

Whats your biggest nerd buy?

Mojo

Never really made any purchases like that but I did buy an Apple Watch for £330 recently. I think people call that "hipster" rather than nerdy though. Idk :3
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

I've spent a lot of money on LARP gear. My costume comes to about $400 US and that's considered quite cheap, but I'm new to it. I'm working my way up.

Mister Kyle

Quote from: His Lordship on January 12, 2016, 12:53:46 AM
I've spent a lot of money on LARP gear. My costume comes to about $400 US and that's considered quite cheap, but I'm new to it. I'm working my way up.

Zemus

Vio

£179 for a Runefest ticket, plus expenses.

Suffud

Quote from: Zemus on January 12, 2016, 01:57:14 AM
bought a wg t shirt for $15

You got ripped off! q=Weird Gremlins T shirts are terrible.

Suffud

Quote from: Vio on January 12, 2016, 02:37:55 AM
£179 for a Runefest ticket, plus expenses.

I'd love to go to one in London. Hopefully I'm getting a RL friend addicted to the game so I have somebody to travel with, his currently like level 16 so its a work in progress.

WitchDoggy

probably the total amount of money i spent on RuneScape ~500€

Al

"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Frozen 10

I have three bass guitars, I don't know if thats 'nerdy'?

Suffud

Guitars are really nerdy, people only play them in basements.

Nah guitars are sweet, I tried to learn when I was 15, don't have the fingers for it. Shame as I love the sounds that come from them.

His Lordship

Frozen 10

Screw guitars... :p
Its all about the bass ##

WitchDoggy

Frozen 10

Wayshow

Ummm does a violin count?
Otherwise a $40 Totoro sweater

Owen

I collect and paint Warhammer miniatures, of which I've spent about £400 on in the last six months.

So that's a thing.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Taibz

Spent about £500 on CS:GO cases+keys. Got skins worth roughly £100 after all that lol. It's more of a gambling addiction than nerdy.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

btraill

Astro A40's back when they first came out

Rsn_Orange

Oh lord, when i was in the military and had tons of extra money... probably went close to $1.5k on Clash of Clans... around $300 on Razer gear for my pc. uhhh.... Decent bit of star wars stuff too lol

Suffud

I
Quote from: Owen on February 01, 2016, 06:23:20 AM
I collect and paint Warhammer miniatures, of which I've spent about £400 on in the last six months.

So that's a thing.
I own a huge LOTR collection of that, might paint a few up in near future but i've not played it for ages, generally played it with friends who arnt around now and the shop pretty much scared me. Whole flem in throat sterotypical nerd types there.

Izi Mid

homemade PC specs:
I7-5820k ~$500.00 USD (@4.0GHZ 1.15V)
32 GB DDR4 3000MHZ Quad channel configuration ~$150.00 USD
X-99 Chipset (asus) ~$250.00 USD
980ti sc+ EVGA ~$600.00 USD
4 tb storage, 120Gb OS drive (ssd), 250gb games drive(ssd) ~$300.00 USD
g-sync 1080p monitor 1ms response time ~$400.00 USD
sound blaster z sound card ~$100.00 USD
seasonic Gold rated 750 watt psu ~$120.00 USD
Corsair H110I GT extreme water cooling solution ~$150.00 USD
TT RGB(brown switch) sports mechanical keyboard ~$100.00 USD
800 watt denon/boston acoustics 5.1 home theater system ~$600.00 USD

Al

Quote from: Rsn_Orange on August 27, 2016, 01:43:06 AM
Oh lord, when i was in the military and had tons of extra money... probably went close to $1.5k on Clash of Clans... around $300 on Razer gear for my pc. uhhh.... Decent bit of star wars stuff too lol

Still on Clash? Join the WG clan!
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Rebourne

I play a game called Magic the Gathering, it's a card game some of you may know it. I usually play this sunday afternoons and/or evenings with friends. I think is spend arround 200 euro's on those cards.

Besides that i became fan of Razer adn bought the chroma keyboard and mouse for another 200 euros.
Victorian throatsinging lessons for 1b/hour.