• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

#OccupyWallSt

Started by Arsenalfan32, October 05, 2011, 08:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arsenalfan32

What do you guys think of the riots happening on the streets of New York and various other cities in the US?
Speak your mind! It's a fucking amendment
That's Mr. Glennfase to you
Ex-Warlord/Council

Lordlavits01

Haha I think it's funny, People are standing up against big corporations and I respect that.  :woeh:

Dieyou2000

This shit's been going on since Spring and the media is just now starting to cover it.  Shows how little attention the media gives to things that really matter.  They'd rather talk about celebrity stories and tell us all the latest thing that's going to kill us this week than actually focus on important events.

I support 100% what these guys are doing, but to solve this whole problem in my opinion, our entire system needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.  I'm a Democrat for the most part when it comes to ideology, but politicians and political parties are just pawns that are bought and paid for by various corporations.

The only thing to come out of it so far though, is more proof that the police are essentially paid henchmen for the upper class.  People being beaten, pepper sprayed, and arrested for peacefully protesting.

Honestly, I agree with what they're doing, but all the bankers and hedge fund jackasses are sitting cozily in their luxurious apartments looking at these people and smiling condescendingly because they know that this won't go anywhere and nothing will happen.

I'm sorry to say it because I wish it weren't true, and I don't advocate it, but I'm not sure anything in this country will change unless violence is used.  Funnily enough, back during FDR's presidency, there was a point when a union was on strike, and he sent in the army.  Thing is, he sent in the army to protect the protestors and the working class.  We need another FDR, and although I agree with a good amount of what Obama SAID he was going to do, he's come through on very few things.

I could go on for ages, but for now, I think I'll leave it there.

Bam

i didn't know this was happening  :wtf:

good for them though.

Joey

Can't be bothered even watching it or hearing it. It's all bull shit, but the economy sucks now days. Fire people and don't give stuff to the homeless / poor, saves the economy money. That's the main reason, but, if the US wasn't in such a hole with the money and making new things, well, we used 1 billion dollars on many things, and this comes out from our taxes. But, besides the point, it's really fucked up how this is happening.  :fp:
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Tenacious

Half these guys don't even know what they're protesting about

Reece

You're in a better situation then Europe, so ye...  O.o
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Colinwarrior

Quote from: Tenacious on October 09, 2011, 01:46:24 AM
Half these guys don't even know what they're protesting about

^this

I appreciate that people are fighting against corruption. I can respect that. But it seems like most of the people participating in this operation don't really understand what they're doing. They're a loosely-based organization with no clear set of goals. If they think that getting a couple hundred people to stand around shouting things on Wall Street will bring about sweeping economic changes overnight, then they need a reality check. It seems that most of these people are just angry young people looking for a scapegoat, and want to feel like they're participating in something important.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt