• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Pokemon OR/AS Team Comp

Started by WG Genesis, July 29, 2016, 10:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WG Genesis

So going to start Omega Ruby tomorrow and I wanted some tips on team compositions with no legendaries.

Definitely going for a Treecko for that sick mega sceptile. I was thinking sharpedo for partial HM slave since it has fast surf as well. Probably a linoone as a HM slave too. Swellow will be my flying type. That basically leaves 2 spots although I'll probably replace my linoone for important fights/whenever I don't need him.

Here are some options I was thinking of:

1) Metagross (will get a lvl 5 beldum fairly late into the game) - Steel/Psychic, good typing, pretty much a natural tank. Has a mega evolution too as a plus.
2) Sylveon. Really wanna get her, especially for the elite 4. Nice Fairy type to have. I got Gardevoir in Y so I don't want to go for another Gardevoir.
3) Gallade. Fighting/Psychic - It's either Metagross or Gallade in this case since I don't want 2 of the same type.
4) Magnezone. Electric/Steel - Levitate helps with the double weakness and it's really strong overall. It can learn thunder wave as well which will be useful for catching legendaries down the line.
5) Tentacruel. Water/Poison - Potential replacement for Sharpedo. Much stronger, heavier on utility, and can learn ice beam as a plus. Downside is I'll need to spread HMs around my team.
6) Breloom. An alternate to Gallade. I think I'll get this+Metagross if I don't go for the Gallade.
7) Aggron. 2 words. Tank. Earthquake.
8) Froslass. Ice/Ghost. Pretty strong with nice typing, but it comes pretty late into the game. I'll likely have to choose between Froslass and Gallade since they both need dawn stones iirc.

Taibz

Keep soft-reseting until you get a shiny treecko. It's something like 1/8127 chance to get it :)
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mojo

I have no idea what any of this topic means
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

WG Genesis

Quote from: Taibz on July 30, 2016, 12:26:27 AM
Keep soft-reseting until you get a shiny treecko. It's something like 1/8127 chance to get it :)
I'm better off waiting till I finish the game first cuz I get something like a 6x modifier to get a shiny through breeding.

I tried soft resetting for a shiny charmander but I gave up after about 200 resets :P

Flux

Quote from: Behlungo on July 29, 2016, 10:18:35 PM
7) Aggron. 2 words. Tank. Earthquake.

Aggron is Steel/Rock so Earthquake on him is a waste due to no STAB bonus.

Sorry inner-Poke nerd just had a bit of a moment
[spoiler=Awards & Signatures]

Joined WG January 18th 2016

Proud Warlord circa. June - September 2016

[/spoiler]

Lait_Choco

Q: Kimi, do you have any hobbies?
KR: I collect walnuts.