• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

his req question

Started by dgnunch, August 29, 2016, 08:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgnunch

ahoy I started osrs about two days ago, about a decade late it looks like, and I wanted to join a community because that's what these kinds of games are all about. this became immediately at the top of my list after a few hyperbolic seconds of research and YouTube. however I see the 100 combat req for joining pvp, and see people joining at lower levels sans pvp, and I'm wondering what the req is for joining without being part of the pvp (for now)? still ~100?

As I'm new I have no concept of how long this is going to take me, though I'm no stranger to grinding, and  I'm lv31 or something right now as I speedran every f2p quest last night over like 5 hours with the help of YouTube and a friend's gp

ty for your time,
nunch729

Mojo

Hey there, to join for non-pvp you need 1250 total level.

If you're aiming for 100 combat Zemus wrote a guide here: http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=6318.0
It's a few years old but mostly still relevant.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

Hi mate,

We do have a high combat requirement that puts off low level players, but this is mostly for safety; with a big combat difference we can't protect you in the wilderness.
However, you are very welcome to join us on some events as a friend of the clan. If you hang out in our Discord and here on the forums and get chatting to people, sure enough there will be some events (mostly non-PVP) that you'd be welcome to come along to, and maybe an occasional PK trip, if you don't mind being the lowest level (which is kinda risky).

dgnunch

Quote from: Mojo on August 29, 2016, 09:12:22 PM

If you're aiming for 100 combat Zemus wrote a guide here: http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=6318.0
Ah thank you, I play like 5+ hours a day on average; any idea how long that 1250 req would take me if I'm not super inefficient about it? I have to make vague countdowns for everything I do

Quote from: His Lordship on August 30, 2016, 11:06:35 AM
Hi mate,

We do have a high combat requirement that puts off low level players, but this is mostly for safety; with a big combat difference we can't protect you in the wilderness.
However, you are very welcome to join us on some events as a friend of the clan. If you hang out in our Discord and here on the forums and get chatting to people, sure enough there will be some events (mostly non-PVP) that you'd be welcome to come along to, and maybe an occasional PK trip, if you don't mind being the lowest level (which is kinda risky).
I'm personally not very put off or anything, probably because the total/combat level numbers don't have any context for me; I mean I'm like lv 42 or something now despite not being able to play yesterday (I made that forum post at school) but I have a deep feeling from figures I've seen that the curve is going to be a brick wall (also the entry requirements add a pinch of exclusivity to this whole process which in turn inherently makes me want to join more). I might be a bit too shy to join voice chat before I actually end up joining in the hopefully-not-too-distant future, but forums I'm good at

Kevin

Quote from: dgnunch on August 30, 2016, 08:10:21 PM
Quote from: Mojo on August 29, 2016, 09:12:22 PM

Ah thank you, I play like 5+ hours a day on average; any idea how long that 1250 req would take me if I'm not super inefficient about it? I have to make vague countdowns for everything I do

Quote from: His Lordship on August 30, 2016, 11:06:35 AM
Hi mate,

I'm personally not very put off or anything, probably because the total/combat level numbers don't have any context for me; I mean I'm like lv 42 or something now despite not being able to play yesterday (I made that forum post at school) but I have a deep feeling from figures I've seen that the curve is going to be a brick wall (also the entry requirements add a pinch of exclusivity to this whole process which in turn inherently makes me want to join more). I might be a bit too shy to join voice chat before I actually end up joining in the hopefully-not-too-distant future, but forums I'm good at

Feel free to lurk the forums, they are much fun. May I suggest trolling the House of Random?
Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011