• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Drug epidemic - Fentanyl

Started by Izi Mid, October 21, 2016, 06:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Izi Mid

Hello All,
All my life people around me including some of my family members have struggled with alcoholism / substance abuse. I feel as if the topic is mostly shunned upon in society and people demonized after gaining status of 'addict'. A good example of this is my cities former Mayor Rob Ford, he did many great things for our society helped lower taxes and listened to what the people wanted. Even after he has passed away from cancer you can still hear people sometimes mumbling "oh that crack head deserved cancer.." etc. I feel saddened by societies general lack of understanding when it comes to addiction (possibly due to the fact that they are addicted to some substance) and wish we would find ways to help these people instead of treating them like human garbage.

Right now as we I post this several people will die of an overdose in this massive epidemic of Fentanyl usage in our country. The drug is mainly produced in china in some very sketchy places and quality control can not be guaranteed. The other main producer of the drug is our pharmaceutical industry prescribed by doctors as pain medication in the form of patches. Police have seized some quantities of cocaine found to be laced with this product producing a deadly mixture. Your brain literally shuts down from an overdose and you stop breathing as a consequence. Be warned if offered this cheap laboratory drug it has seriously harmful effects and has been found to be laced into many other substances. 
"Fentanyl (also known as fentanil) is a potent, synthetic opioid pain medication with a rapid onset and short duration of action.[6] It is a strong agonist at the μ-opioid receptors. Fentanyl is estimated to have about 80 times the potency of morphine.[7]"-Wikipedia

Post if you agree our government is not doing enough to prevent this outbreak , or if you disagree and have some other opinion please share.

Thanks,
Alex

JJdirtbiker

I do not agree nor disagree with the statement about the government taking action to resolve drug issues, but i am thankfull for the information about this drug that i can relay to people with drug abuse habbits.

Vio

Oh shit, I didn't know Ford died :O guy was a legend :(

m249

had two really good friends of mine die the same week from overdose on heroin+fentanyl  about 2 weeks ago. Just another reason I hate drugs. Used to have a problem with them myself I just wish some people would come to like I had.
I slay swamp donkeys for fun

Izi Mid

I am so sorry to hear that. Right now my brother is in rehab for cocaine addiction among other things. I've always been able to fix most of the things broken in my life but this time its all up to my brother to stay strong nothing I can do but be supportive. (not enabling)