• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=yellow][Pending][/color] [07] Shmeww

Started by Shmew, February 16, 2017, 01:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shmew

OSRS INTRODUCTION: Shmeww

My RuneScape Name: Shmeww
My Previous RSNs: Shmew - main
Shmeww

Joining for PvP events: Yes
My Combat Level: 104
My Stats:

About my RuneScape Account and History: Started playing back in 2003 quit in 2007. Came back in September of 2015 and have been playing since. I have a main that I've been working on maxing and made my a range tank to get into pking and camp slayer for gp. Favorite skill is Runecraft, just finished 99 about a month ago.

My range tank is currently a work in progress but these are the stats:
75 Attack
70 Strength
96 Defense
99 Ranged
70 Prayer
99 Magic
94 Hitpoints

I'm currently working on 99 defense while getting 72 slayer to unlock certain slayer monsters and MM2 reqs to get ballista.

My past clans/teams and any current teams: I used to pk a lot as a member of Fear back in rs2. Currently in Skilling Sanctuary on my main.

About me: My name is Cody, I'm a 23 year old male living in the US. My main hobbies are gaming, programming, reading, and MTG. My favorite genre of music is electronic. I currently work as a system engineer; I write code for server automation.

I heard about WG through: WG Squid
I want to join because: Looking for a clan to enjoy pking, and more people to chat with!

Regarding future events which may impact my activity: I work full time and am finishing my degree part time.

Sammyger

Shmew

Rebourne

Victorian throatsinging lessons for 1b/hour.

WG Genesis

Welcome! Hope you have a fun time with us :D

Your cb lvl might be a bit of a problem when pking though. Our average is 117 atm.

Mojo

Welcome!

Quote from: WG Genesis on February 16, 2017, 09:54:55 AM
Welcome! Hope you have a fun time with us :D

Your cb lvl might be a bit of a problem when pking though. Our average is 117 atm.
We would raise the reqs if we didn't want him. You make a good point though which is that you should work on melee training as higher levels are more helpful.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Shmew

Well this acc is a range tank, so I wasn't looking to do any more melee training. Once I'm 99 hp, 99 def, and 77 pray I'll be 107. I hope that isn't an issue!

Mojo

Quote from: Shmew on February 16, 2017, 04:22:17 PM
Well this acc is a range tank, so I wasn't looking to do any more melee training. Once I'm 99 hp, 99 def, and 77 pray I'll be 107. I hope that isn't an issue!
It's only an issue in the sense that a melee switch can bring strong KO power and would be more helpful to WG. However as you're within our requirements we can't actually do anything about it.

The only thing I'd ask is why did you make it a range tank, what's the main reasoning?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shmew

I wanted to get into pking and that acc was a def pure before turning it into what it is now. I already have a max main so I didn't want to just create the same thing, and this lets me edge pk.

Mojo

Quote from: Shmew on February 16, 2017, 04:46:11 PM
I wanted to get into pking and that acc was a def pure before turning it into what it is now. I already have a max main so I didn't want to just create the same thing, and this lets me edge pk.
So the new question is why not apply on the "max main"? What clan(s) is your max main in?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shmew

It's in Skilling Sanctuary, and your rules say that no other clans are allowed.

Mojo

Quote from: Shmew on February 16, 2017, 09:14:13 PM
This rule applies to the person and not the account, it's there to prevent situations where you will be forced to pick between two clan events for example.

However, if your skilling clan has no events or will allow you to always prioritise WG events then you could join WG on that account. If not then you can't really join WG sadly, we don't want to create conflict for yourself or conflict with another clan.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shmew

Quote from: Mojo on February 16, 2017, 11:21:26 PM
This rule applies to the person and not the account, it's there to prevent situations where you will be forced to pick between two clan events for example.

However, if your skilling clan has no events or will allow you to always prioritise WG events then you could join WG on that account. If not then you can't really join WG sadly, we don't want to create conflict for yourself or conflict with another clan.

Nah they don't do any events, it's just for socializing.

Mojo

Quote from: Shmew on February 17, 2017, 12:35:45 AM
Quote from: Mojo on February 16, 2017, 11:21:26 PM

Nah they don't do any events, it's just for socializing.
OK well then I'd strongly suggest using the maxed account for multi PvP
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Shmew

I don't think this is quite the right fit for me. Thanks guys for your time!

Mojo

Quote from: Shmew on February 17, 2017, 08:07:17 PM
I don't think this is quite the right fit for me. Thanks guys for your time!
Any particular reason?
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Sammyger

Hey told me that he doesn't want to waste time pking on his main when he could get gains. I explained to him that we would accept his alt, i'll follow up with him tonight.

Mojo

Quote from: Sammyger on March 01, 2017, 08:14:46 PM
Hey told me that he doesn't want to waste time pking on his main when he could get gains. I explained to him that we would accept his alt, i'll follow up with him tonight.
He could get "gains", xp gains from PKing? monetary gains? I don't really get it.

XP gain from PKing isn't great and if he want monetary gain just transfer the GP between accounts, it is allowed by Jagex rules now.

edit: nvm I kinda misunderstood, he's one of these hardcore skillers who cares about EHP, efficiency and is scared to PK because it's XP waste...? :fp:
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

Quote from: Mojo on March 02, 2017, 03:49:14 AM
Quote from: Sammyger on March 01, 2017, 08:14:46 PM
He could get "gains", xp gains from PKing? monetary gains? I don't really get it.

XP gain from PKing isn't great and if he want monetary gain just transfer the GP between accounts, it is allowed by Jagex rules now.

edit: nvm I kinda misunderstood, he's one of these hardcore skillers who cares about EHP, efficiency and is scared to PK because it's XP waste...? :fp:

That's literally the point this game has gotten to recently more and more of these sorta XP hungry ppl about

Sammyger

Yea, he just wants to max his main... Like I said I can try to talk to him about getting his range tank. He will do it if i bother him enough. If not, I'll slash his tires.  :>