• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Merching

Started by rvnger, March 16, 2017, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rvnger

Hey all!
I'd just lIke to ask merchers in the clan what they're successfully merching lately, I'm trying to get into it and any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!

Mojo

Merchers tend to stick to themselves for obvious reasons so I'm not sure ppl will want to share :P
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

DroVillain

I suck at merching, but if anyone has any advice I'd love to know it

WG Genesis

Depends on how much money you have really. The easiest way in my opinion is flipping. Low return but very low risk. Basic items you can do that with would be runes for example. The more of something you can buy, the better it is. Buy say fire runes 4 gp each overnight and sell for 6 gp each the night after. Just an example.

If you want bigger returns, you'll have to do expensive items. Just pick out something fairly stable and buy a little below then sell a little above market.

If you want to play the long con, stock up on items you know will increase in price in the future then dump them at the right time. A good example of this would have been the master's wand for raids. They almost doubled in price because they were required to create the kodai wand.

Not the biggest mercher myself but that's the advice I can give you.

DarkFema

Basically what Genesis said.
Also; With the release of MM2, people started to panic-buy javelins bc of ballista. I think being updated on whats coming next could also be profitable if you buy stuff that are related to it, sharks/brews/restores when raids came out is also an example.