• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Mage training

Started by Nahlan, April 10, 2017, 03:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nahlan

I've been thinking about the freezers at PK tips.
Many people say they won't freeze because they don't have the mage level to cast ice barrage (94).

Well I've got an answer for you guys !

At lvl 86 you can cast 'plank make'. (need to do lunar diplomacy and dream mentor)
At this moment, this is a method of training (when doing Mahogany planks) that actually makes money!
Exp rate is 90 exp per cast. So its more than 100k exp per hour.

I 'm training up to 94 and I'm hoping, with this post, that all off you who don't have 94 mage yet, will take this opportunity and get it as well.

Booska

Sounds awesome! I'll check it out in 6 levels :)

WG Genesis

I might consider going for 99 mage if that's true. Thanks for the info.

Quikdrawjoe

You should be freezing at 82 mage using Ice Blitz.  Barrage is for the first cast or if we have a pile.

Also, just get 99 magic = more likely to hit, higher damage, less likely to get frozen/TBed in return, less incoming damage
Former Tip.It Super Moderator, LND Legionnaire, WG Elite Guardian

Tip.It and WG Real Life Meeting Attendee

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

DroVillain

What type of planks are you using for it to be profitable? I need to get 99 from 97 so very interested.

tyleronater

Quote from: DroVillain on April 11, 2017, 05:40:04 PM
What type of planks are you using for it to be profitable? I need to get 99 from 97 so very interested.

Mahogany logs are the ones that makes a profit.

z1zek

Im training up my mage by maging slayer tasks (nechs, dust devils, smoke devils and Abby demons) i understand people might not have high enough slayer to do these, but if you do and want to learn im more than happy to show you how to do it (:

Also using this https://rsbuddy.com/efficiency# is a good way to see how to profit whilst doing magic (note: tan leather requires you to do the fremmy hard diary)
B^)

Nahlan

Quick update: 94 mage = DONE without losing any cash.

Hercules

this may be stupid but im assuming the "splashing" altho slow is no longer used / is now against rules?

Mojo

Quote from: Hercules on April 29, 2017, 03:14:03 PM
this may be stupid but im assuming the "splashing" altho slow is no longer used / is now against rules?
Previously it relied upon being able to stay logged in for 6 hours while in combat. This is no longer possible and the only way to AFK fully is by botting, which is obviously against both RS and WG rules.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Aspire

i afk trained mage at nmz with black salamander and some harralander tar. its extremely cheap and really good xp since you are afk. just a tip for some people that are low on cash but want them GAINZ!

Brandon

Thanks for giving away my money guide i sell for 5m
Discord Name:Brandon