• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Lagg issues

Started by Asfixiator, November 07, 2011, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asfixiator

Im currently playing on a netbook and have 53GB of space on my HDD this should be enough to scape on so im wondering what I could do to get rid of alot of lagg when I scape and having a few programmes up such as TS3?

I've already deleted things I don't need

BeeBee

Apparently people in CE use this
Game Booster helps reduce the usage of background processes and helps speed up games that you play right then and there. For instance, RuneScape.

Link to DL:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Only 1 click, turn slow PC into a fast gaming box

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.

It works by updating hardware drivers, downloading essential gaming tools, tweaking system settings for gaming, defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance.

Works compatible with PunkBuster, Cheating-Death, VAC, and any other anti-cheat software, Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!

but I believe rs has been having lag problems recently anyway.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Asfixiator

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on November 07, 2011, 04:12:25 PM
Apparently people in CE use this
Game Booster helps reduce the usage of background processes and helps speed up games that you play right then and there. For instance, RuneScape.

Link to DL:
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Only 1 click, turn slow PC into a fast gaming box

Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts.

It works by updating hardware drivers, downloading essential gaming tools, tweaking system settings for gaming, defragmenting game directories, temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance.

Works compatible with PunkBuster, Cheating-Death, VAC, and any other anti-cheat software, Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level. All systems go!

but I believe rs has been having lag problems recently anyway.

It is but nothing like im experiencing it's ripping my computer to shreads also when I downloaded that game booster I downloaded the malware stuff as well any ideas if that's safe?

Heres my CPU usage:

Nick

Your problem seems to be the RAM. How much RAM do you have in your computer?

I would recommend to make sure that you have at least 2GB. If you can expand to 4GB, do it.
Last time I checked, RAM is actually a pretty damn reasonable price.

Original Join Date: July 3rd, 2008
Posts from /forums: 3340
Vixose on Jubei'Thos

Asfixiator

I got 1014MB RAM so just over 1GB  ^.-
That may be the reason

Wind_Arcus

ya, RAM is one of the cheapest ways to speed up your computer, and most likely the reason why your computer can't handle multiple programs running at once.

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

JC

Quote from: Wind_Arcus on December 13, 2011, 02:13:45 PM
ya, RAM is one of the cheapest ways to speed up your computer, and most likely the reason why your computer can't handle multiple programs running at once.

Five
Fucking
Weeks
Old

Learn to read the date of topics retards :fp:
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Mark

Quote from: JC on December 13, 2011, 06:57:02 PM
Quote from: Wind_Arcus on December 13, 2011, 02:13:45 PM

Five
Fucking
Weeks
Old

Learn to read the date of topics retards :fp:
LMFAO

I set the standard.

PineappleTom

Locked: He has all the information he was after :) Plus he's inactive nowadays xD