• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Death Outlaw - Exiled - Scamming

Started by Abs L, November 10, 2011, 07:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abs L

Yesterday, Ben came & talked to me about personal issues in WG, about some issues with Panda about a debate on MW3 he had with him.
He also talked for great length about how he felt distant from WG, how WG "ignored" him & how he's self-concious talking on the IRC in #Wg_Lobby, I took all these concerns genuinely & gave him advice etc. etc., it came down to him agreeing to take a 2 week break from WG instead of leaving WG & going to another clan, then we bid farewell on IRC.

Then I found out that he had actually scammed 125m from Luke, by this time, I noticed he had left the in game clan chat, didn't come on #Wg_Lobby as well so it all made sense, the timing was too perfect for his personal issues to be genuine.

I've spoken with him today & gave him one last chance to return the money, he has declined to do so.
Therefore he has been banned from WG.

I'm putting this in Guest Talk for everyone to see & just incase he applies to another clan, hopefully the clan searches his name on Google & this pops up, unfortunately it's only a short term measure but there's nothing more that can be done.

~Abs

Wg Council & Secondary Leader - 21/10/07 to 24/12/08
Signature & Avatar made by Samurai JM

Vio

PineappleTom

You know your life is bad when you result to rs scamming lol.

Randy

What a fucking bitch

On a related note, don't give 125m to people you don't trust..

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

General199

I don't even have 125m to give lmao. That really sucks though :(

Slayz0rr

btw randy, I did trust him, I've given him more before and he's given it back.

Taibz

Wow.. just wow..
I thought Ben was a guy you could trust. I've pked with him tons of times and he seemed like a really nice guy.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Owen

Never would have expected this from him

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Bgpgraebner

Doesn't sound like him. Check his IP, perhaps?

Wayshow

PineappleTom

Quote from: Bgpgraebner on November 10, 2011, 09:43:25 PM

They traded in game. Derp.

I always feel bad when I think I know someone and they do something like this :(

Wayshow

Quote from: Rodney75 on November 10, 2011, 10:03:13 PM
Quote from: Bgpgraebner on November 10, 2011, 09:43:25 PM

They traded in game. Derp.

I always feel bad when I think I know someone and they do something like this :(

But the dialogue was in IRC :/

Dorcha3377

There used to be a blacklist for clan leaders to post people like this on, you should ask Gene to have him added to that list.

His Lordship

Even if it wasn't him, he is responsible for what happens on his account so it's no excuse. If your friend breaks WG rules on your account, you will be held to WG justice, not your friend.
So you have to keep that in mind when you risk sharing your account. Every consequence falls on you.

Da Kno

Quote from: His Lordship on November 11, 2011, 01:21:00 AM
Even if it wasn't him, he is responsible for what happens on his account so it's no excuse. If your friend breaks WG rules on your account, you will be held to WG justice, not your friend.
So you have to keep that in mind when you risk sharing your account. Every consequence falls on you.

+1

Bgpgraebner

Quote from: His Lordship on November 11, 2011, 01:21:00 AM

Not what I mean. Perhaps his computer was keylogged? You never know. Plus, Luke said that he gave more once and Ben gave it all back...

PineappleTom

Well, you think he would try clear it all up?

I guess we just live with it - we all liked the Death we thought we knew... but really he was just a pixel obsessed kid.

Shinhwa

This is honestly a huge surprise to me because I've trusted him with money/items on RS as well. But desperate times come to desperate measures. In the end Abs gave him a chance and he declined.

Kevin

Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Rammstein

Even though he turned out to be a scammer he was still a great friend.

Tbh its kind of WG's fault.  A lot of the players from WG form these cliches and a lot of quiet and new members get disregarded quite easily and thus causing them to have no respect for the clan whitch then leads to scamming and various other things.

I <3 you Ben you were always grateful towards me and I won't forget you <3.

Vephy

I don't see how being a asshole and taking advantage of anyone is wg's fault.

Vio

We don't lock up criminal's mothers for giving birth to them.

Mark

Quote from: Rammstein on November 13, 2011, 01:20:03 AM

Tbh its kind of WG's fault.  A lot of the players from WG form these cliches and a lot of quiet and new members get disregarded quite easily and thus causing them to have no respect for the clan whitch then leads to scamming and various other things.

You've no idea how many times i facepalmed

I set the standard.

Wayshow

Quote from: Mark on November 13, 2011, 02:45:58 AM
Quote from: Rammstein on November 13, 2011, 01:20:03 AM

You've no idea how many times i facepalmed

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Rammstein

Tl;DR

Social Exclusion leads to Bad Choices.