• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Thinking of getting a new phone

Started by Vephy, November 16, 2011, 11:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vephy

Hey I was thinking of getting a new phone.  I need one that can connect to the internet anywhere no matter what.  Anyone have any advice for that?  Input would be much appreciated thanks :)

Dog b2

Iphone 4s? getting mine in a couple of days :D

Randy

iPhone is perfect for that

you can always get an older model and pay significantly less

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

PineappleTom

Risking the fact that this might just sound like an echo of another's opinion... Get an iPhone.

Owen

I've never been happier with a phone than my iPhone.

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

General199

Been happy with my iphone since I got it

Mojo

apart from the battery life, my iphone 4S is good. (6th iphone post in a row O_o).
if you want a cheaper phone try an HTC or something running on Android and make sure to get a data plan.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Billy O

first iphone i had broke but i loved it, have since had a couple of blackberrys which were a heap of dogshit, currently got a sony ericsson xperia play, its good but nowhere near the same lvl performance as an iphone, inface i hate my fone and cant wait for iphone 5 to come out as i will get it lol

Jammie415

by a htc or any android based phone because everyone knows

Android>>>>>>>iOS

:)

Armybuilder

Quote from: Jammie415 on December 10, 2011, 10:20:35 AM
by a htc or any android based phone because everyone knows

Android>>>>>>>iOS

:)

I quite like my samsung europa wouldnt reccommend though

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

JC

Frankly, I wouldn't recommend Android based on my experiences with it. 

While I hate Apple computers (and their huge Apple tax) the Apple mobile devices (iPhone/iPad/iPod) really are ahead of the rest due to iOS.  I prefer my 'old' iPod touch and the way it works over my relatively new Phone with Android 2.2, it just feels crap in comparison.

I most likely will go for WP7.5 for my next phone anyway as I'm currently doing some development for it and I've really been impressed with it so far..... I really want to avoid having to use shit like itunes to get the most out of a phone.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

James

I would go with an Iphone personally but if thats not within your budget i suggest a blackberry or something around that area!

Keith

I have a shitty t mobile phone cuz data plans are far too expensive when I have to pay for college at the same time, 50$ a month for unlimited everything but the phone is like a fake blackberry and service for tmobile is bad..but I'd personally recommend a droid if you want quality just because i already have an ipod touch to do everything the iphone does so it'd be pointless to get the same thing twice - before the phone I have now i had a droid 2 and it was awesome

qtoa21

to be honest most modern smart phone if you dont want to spend £500 on iphone i got a windows phone which i am happy about for £250, had that for a year now, but android phones are good, i like HTC's on android :P

This signature is much more acceptable, and the seal is cute. :)

Kevin

Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Brent147

Well then, iPhone suggestions were very popular on this topic.  :>

My first phone ever was a Motorola SLVR and I absolutely adorned it. I highly doubt that they still make them because I had it in like 2007-2008. About eight months ago I bought a Samsung t401G it was the best phone I've ever had. It took me while to get used to the buttons but I quickly got the hang of it. It was pretty decent for browsing the web as well but I mistakenly dropped it in water. Anyhow I currently have an LG 900G Blackberry and it's not to bad either. The buttons are smaller than that of my Samsung but hey, I only payed like $29.99 for my phone and my plan only costs me $25.00/month.

:Brent
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

JC

Quote from: Brent147 on January 22, 2012, 09:11:17 PM
Anyhow I currently have an LG 900G Blackberry and it's not to bad either. The buttons are smaller than that of my Samsung but hey, I only payed like $29.99 for my phone and my plan only costs me $25.00/month.

That's not a Blackberry, it's a cheap imitation of one..... If it was a Blackberry it'd be made by RIM (and it would have a whole lot of features that make them appeal to business and government customers).
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

btraill

There's nothing in the consumer market that can compete at the same level as iOS devices.

Androids currently hold the majority of the international market merely because of how cost efficient, the OS is loved by developers, and how many Android models are available is ridiculously high.

With that said, if you are worried about prices; grab an Android. If you want a phone you will not have too many problems with; grab an iPhone.

Kat

if you want a cheaaappppp phone. get a samsung soltace. lmao. its a cheap phone ive had for 2 years i think and i get internet everywhere. but iphone wud be ur best option. im getting an Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G its just like an iphone but sexier<3
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Mark

I set the standard.

Kat

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

PineappleTom

Vephy has had 2 months to make his mind up. I hope you have come to a conclusion mate. There's a lot of advice here (from November to the present), so I am locking it.