• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

SwiftKit Issue

Started by Dieyou2000, January 08, 2012, 05:21:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieyou2000

So here's a picture of the error message I get when I enter my password.

It says: "711 - Invalid class string.  Looking for object with ProgID: swiftirc.swiftircclient"

I've tried un-installing and re-installing a million times including deleting the original download file and all the SwiftKit files in my Program Files folder.  If I un-install and re-install, it will work for a small amount of time until it mysteriously stops working again and I get that same error message.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

P.S.  This is off-topic, but I have an illegal version of Windows 7, so what's the program that gets rid of all the messages and shit that comes up because of that?

qtoa21

I'm not sure about how to fix swift kit, but have you tried making a new account or reinstalling it? But i fixed the 'not genuine' windows 7 error with this vid 'Not Genuine' Windows 7 Fix

This signature is much more acceptable, and the seal is cute. :)

Dieyou2000

I'll try re-installing it and deleting my account and making a new one I guess.

Brent147

Error: Run-time error '713'

Looking for object with CLSID: {EDDB1B53-F4C2-410C-BAB6-6E93FB87491D}

If you installed SwiftKit to the default location:

1. Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 "c:/program files/swiftkit/swiftirc.ocx"

Make sure you are the administrator of your computer.

IF for some reason that doesn't work, try this method.

1. Make sure that you are the Administrator of your computer.
2. Go to Start than Accessories and right-click Command prompt and select Run as Administrator
3. Enter in regsvr32 "c:/program files/swiftkit/swiftirc.ocx"
Proud to have served as the leader of the Wilderness Guardians.

Dieyou2000

Quote from: Brent147 on January 08, 2012, 10:44:54 PM
Error: Run-time error '713'

Looking for object with CLSID: {EDDB1B53-F4C2-410C-BAB6-6E93FB87491D}

If you installed SwiftKit to the default location:

1. Go to Start > Run and type: regsvr32 "c:/program files/swiftkit/swiftirc.ocx"

Make sure you are the administrator of your computer.

IF for some reason that doesn't work, try this method.

1. Make sure that you are the Administrator of your computer.
2. Go to Start than Accessories and right-click Command prompt and select Run as Administrator
3. Enter in regsvr32 "c:/program files/swiftkit/swiftirc.ocx"

The first one I got some error message prompt.

The second one worked though so thanks.

I've had a similar issue with Hypercam before.  After I install it for a few days it says something about needing to install at as administrator.  The fucked up thing is that I only have one account on this computer, mine, and obviously it's an administrator account.  So yeah....all my computers for some reason end up having really fucked problems.  My last desktop told me that the BIOS wasn't installed and it still worked perfectly fine.  *facepalm*

Vephy

You could just do a system restore to return your computer to settings before the problem occured lolz.

Checkley

Right click the installer icon and run as administrator.

Mark

Quote from: Checkley on January 27, 2012, 12:26:04 PM
Right click the installer icon and run as administrator.
You're a shocker for bumping topics o.o

I set the standard.