• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Campers

Started by Dieyou2000, January 18, 2012, 11:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dieyou2000

This is a topic to rant about campers.  From the not horrible ones that tend to just stick on a certain area, to the biggest faggots of them all that get all their kills purely from sitting around corners and waiting for people to go by.

My first online fps was Black Ops and I got into that late.  Ended up with around a 1.65 overall k/d and considering I have 50k+ kills that isn't going to change much.  MW3 I currently am about to reach an overall k/d of 2 but my TDM ratio is closer to 2.5-3 considering when I play Dom I try to win the game instead of get kills (weird I know).

I play a pretty rush based game-style and the only time I do anything resembling camping is if I have a UAV up and see 3+ people about to converge on my spot.  Basically I camp only when I have no other options and it's the only temporary way to stay alive.  Since I rush a lot, I tend to get killed by a lot of the people that just hide around corners.

What annoys me are several things.

1)  Campers almost always use one of the most op class setups (ie in Black Ops Ghost Pro, Famas silenced or noobtube).  So not only are they hiding around corners like little pussies, they're also doing so usually using one of the best guns in the game.

2)  It makes it boring for me to play.  I don't want to go around for 7-10 minutes killing the same person at the same spot over and over again.  Even if I do have a good game, it makes things really boring and repetitive when each game should be unique and random.

3)  I've come to the conclusion that most of these idiots do it to boost their poor self-esteem.  I highly doubt that these people actually find it fun to sit in one spot for 10 minutes.  So the main two things that make sense are that they are trolling and trying to piss people off which is a bit fucked up psychologically if you get off on other people's anger, or that it's the only way they can get mediocre games and they need to do it to feel good about themselves.

I'm not saying everybody has to rush like a crazed maniac like me, but don't just hide in one spot the entire game.  I have a 30-0 game on Firing Range from Black Ops where I used an M16 and played a defensive game because it's a shitty weapon to rush with and I was doing a contract for it.

Bit of a long rant, but yeah it does kind of piss me off a lot to be honest.  I rage a lot when I play it's hilarious.  The funny thing is that I'll usually be raging look at the scoreboard and realize I have the highest score in the game and a 2+ k/d.

I honestly feel like MW3 is actually a very well programmed and implemented game except for a few things (hit detection, revenge spawns, lag compensation), but the problem is that people are generally pussies because most of them suck at the game.  Personally, when I suck at something I just usually stop doing it, but I guess that's too logical.

So post your rants or shit noobs.

Randy

I am the one who bends!
WG for 7+ years

Colinwarrior

Campers are the scum of the earth.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Toby

Just don't rush around corners, i take my time when i play + It's really easy to predict where campers may be because they usually camp in the same spot every round. I use to throw flashbangs around corners if i'm uncertain if there's a camper there or not.

Watch SeaNanners on YouTube and you'll learn a lot, he's an amazing player.
My reaction when I look in the refrigerator but can't find anything I want to eat

Mark

I set the standard.

James

Kill it with fire.

FRAND

BeeBee

runescape.com
get xbox, team with me and owen. Get High KDR.
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

General199

Honestly campers are either or out of 2 different people. Kids or "noobs" just hiding and camping a corner to get kills.

Then the other type are ex-military vets/police officers that play the game and tactically use a position to camp. A good family friend that was an ex officer would use certain spots with only 1 or 2 ways to access him and plant c4 or w/e it is. Then use the spot to camp and get kills.

I hate the noobs, but the guys that take real life training and transfer it to the game are pretty cool. Learned some good techniques from them haha.

PineappleTom

I camp because I love making people rage and post/send me messages such as this.

Plus, I'm a stat freak and only enjoy beating my mates stats. Makes me feel BAWWWS.

Mister Kyle

Mark

Only you would complain about Campers :L

Edit: With 10 paragraphs

I set the standard.

Zemus

JC

Quote from: Mark on January 19, 2012, 12:24:57 AM
Battlefield 3.

Though there's camperfags in BF3 too :3
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Mark

Quote from: JC on January 20, 2012, 08:09:36 AM
Quote from: Mark on January 19, 2012, 12:24:57 AM
Battlefield 3.

Though there's camperfags in BF3 too :3

Then you just go and knife them because getting knifed is just so humilating. Camper don't camp no mo'

I set the standard.

Colinwarrior

Quote from: General199 on January 19, 2012, 08:56:29 PM
Honestly campers are either or out of 2 different people. Kids or "noobs" just hiding and camping a corner to get kills.

Then the other type are ex-military vets/police officers that play the game and tactically use a position to camp. A good family friend that was an ex officer would use certain spots with only 1 or 2 ways to access him and plant c4 or w/e it is. Then use the spot to camp and get kills.

I hate the noobs, but the guys that take real life training and transfer it to the game are pretty cool. Learned some good techniques from them haha.

Umm..I'm in the military and I hate campers. Every time you fire, you reposition. Every. Time. Because in real life, there is no respawn.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

General199

Quote from: Colinwarrior on January 20, 2012, 04:19:31 PM

Umm..I'm in the military and I hate campers. Every time you fire, you reposition. Every. Time. Because in real life, there is no respawn.
Yeah I can see what you mean to. I think I was aiming at a "tactical" position of being in a spot and having it "trapped" with mines or w/e. It was just what I saw from my friend so I kinda related it to that and tacticalness.

Cyan Elf

Quote from: Colinwarrior on January 20, 2012, 04:19:31 PM

This is how I play

Wind_Arcus

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet."

~Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle

Jake

Semtex/XM25 = Epic lulz in hardcore. Gotta love the ragers :D When you plant a grenade in their happy little camping spot...
<@Kez> I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out its an Etch-a-Sketch and I dont have an iPad.
<@Kez> Also, im completely outta booze.

Ross

Play with a good team and you don't have to worry about it. I play with a strong team and our win/loss ratio is insane. We have different tactics depending on what kind of people we play.

I prefer to run and gun with an SMG and campers don't bother me much. To start with they did but you figure out the hot spots and throw a well positioned grenade or find a good vantage point that looks onto their spot. Eventually they'll give up :P

Tabs Qwik

Vio

Don't bump old topics please.