• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Knights of the Old Republic

Started by Coach, February 08, 2012, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach

My friend just bought Knights of the Old Republic and his computer is to slow to run it so he isn't going to let me play it.
I was wondering if any of you guys played if so what servers and stuff.

BeeBee

Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Coach

from what iv seen so far, they stole WoW's software/design   and added a stars wars theme and story line.

Reece

Only so much MMORPG designers can do these days since WoW has pretty much made itself as the leader of the genre. But there has been alot of people who have shipped off to swtor, so there must be a pretty good reason :) i was keen on starting it, but held myself back from getting stuck into another time sink.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Firelion

I used to... but don't, at the moment, because I'm a broke bum.
I like my Jedi Shadow, with her double-bladed lightsaber. And the sound of it when you do a helicopter spin... awesome. lol

For those who don't know...

Objectively. SWTOR can be incredibly immersive. Unlike WoW, there are class-specific storylines that merge into and compose a primary plot. Most importantly, virtually all quests are voiced and include multiple alignment and conversational options -- which are also voiced by your character (and/or his companions). Almost every interaction with a quest NPC has a cutscene. With that said, there is a lot more entertainment value for questing in SWTOR than there is in WoW.

As far as game mechanics go, it does share some fundamental MMO aspects with WoW. There are auctions, mounts, FP's, guilds, BG's, specs, and instances. You'll need healers, tanks, and DPS for difficult instances or raids. It is its own beast, however, and this is due to many of its adjustments and additional features to the WoW template: The Imperial Agent/Smuggler cover system, companion crafting, BG level balance, family trees, romance, etc.

Subjectively, SWTOR is great. I loved the storylines and character themes; I love Star Wars, in general. But I also enjoyed the effort to keep the character progression interesting. You can lose track of your level after getting drawn in by the storyline and various planet scenes. You even get your own ship.

I won't sugercoat it, though. Naturally, more content has to be added for the higher lvls. Until that happens, unless you despise (or suck at) PvP, you may be reduced to occupying yourself with leveling alts.

Overall, it's definitely worth checking out.
RSN: Firelion08
Alt RSN: Jaydelart