• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Diablo 3

Started by Topwobaler, July 01, 2011, 04:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topwobaler

Anyone else super excited about the release (although still unconfirmed) of Diablo 3?
Heard that the Beta is being tested between July and September which suggests it should in theory be out by october ish. Although due to the fact Blizz are insanely passionate about this game it may be longer :P

JC

Yep, I'm somewhat eagerly anticipating the release of D3.....

Though I hope they don't do a Duke Nukem with it and take forever to bring it out, only for it to turn into a fairly mediocre game.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Dallar

Diablo 3...

When will they release my new life?

Colinwarrior

I'm semi-excited for it. I will definitely be getting it when it releases, but we'll see if all the hype is worth it.

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Flame Outlaw

From what I was reading, it doesn't sound like it'll be out till 2012... Blizz usually does a 6 month beta cycle, and they haven't even made an anouncement for that. They said, that a certain number of people that bought tickets to Blizzcon this year will be in the beta, and that isn't till October. So 6 months after that, give it about April??

Which doesn't bother me at all, as I'm in Iraq, and won't be back till then. So.. Win?

Join date : June 2006 Left : March 2007 Rejoined : October 2009

Topwobaler

They've said the beta will be released "between july and september" .... cos i mean that narrows it down

James

Ive never played any of the diablo series but cant wait for this game just from the trailer o.O whats the game about etc?

Flame Outlaw

Copied from the original Diablo wikipedia page, because they explain it twenty times better than I would.

The settings of Diablo include Heaven and Hell as real, physical places. Angels and Demons waged a war for centuries, until the ascension of man. Heaven and Hell each tried to compel man to join their cause. A treacherous mutiny forced the 3 Lords of Hell—including Diablo himself—into the world of humanity, where they sowed chaos, distrust and hatred. With the help of Archangel Tyrael a group of magi trapped the 3 Lords of Hell in soulstones. Diablo's soulstone was buried deep in the earth and a monastery was built over the site to safeguard the entrance.

Generations passed and the purpose of the monastery was forgotten. A small town named Tristram sprang up next to the monastery's ruins. A religious king named Leoric then claimed the monastery and rebuilt it as a cathedral for his seat of power. Diablo entered the nightmares of the archbishop Lazarus and lured him to the soulstone, where he destroyed the stone. Diablo possessed first the king, who sent all his knights and priests to battle against peaceful kingdoms, and then possessed the king's son, filling the caves and catacombs beneath the cathedral with creatures formed from the young boy's nightmares.

Tristram became a town of fear and horror, where people were abducted in the night. With no king, no law, and no army left to defend them, many villagers fled. Dark rumors permeated the country, and would-be heroes and demon-hunters came to Tristram and entered the cathedral, but none have been seen again.

James

Wow sounds pretty good, got some spare cash in my money box so ill be buying this haha :D thanks for finding the info out

JC

A Few more details have emerged about D3: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-3-Rob-Pardo-Auction-House-DRM-Battle.net,13154.html

QuoteDiablo 3 will feature two in-game auction houses to sell items from player to player: one using in-game gold and one using real-world cash.

According to the report, the latter auction house will be like an "eBay for Sanctuary," allowing players to put items up for sale in each of the game's various regions around the world. Blizzard will take a fixed fee out of the eventual sale for listing and selling the virtual item. Players can either keep the cash in their Battle.net account to use on other Blizzard-related items, or cash out and pay a set percentage-based withdrawal fee. So far Blizzard hasn't revealed what third-party financial institution it plans to use.

So yeah, Blizzard is putting officially sanctioned RWT into D3.

Oh and you have to have a net' connection to play it.
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Dog b2

Robertwb69

I hear they are making a real money auction house on diablo 3. Sounds like a bad move to me.

Patty

Hell yeah! I've been waiting for Diablo 3 to come out FOR EVER! I absolutely loved Diablo 2 :D

Flame Outlaw

I dunno, some of it sounds cool. But the constant connection to B Net and RWT in game is a huge turnoff... It is Diablo and I will most likely love it, so I'm more than willing to give it a shot.