• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

WG Minecraft (Server)

Started by Orthux, July 01, 2011, 03:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For 1.8 new map or same map?

New
Same

Orthux

Why can't you get on? Does it say you're not on the whitelist or?

God

Heyy I've been playing the SMP server nonstop for the past 3 days.
Got like 8 hours total sleep, haha. Between Taibz, Tyzon, and my Bro we've built a ton of stuff.

Please don't take it down Orthux.   :'(

(Btw I can't get on the map?)

I should post screenies of everything, but...that's a lot. Taibz and Tyzon have built a shrine with all WG names, and there currently working on DG.

So we're not only building for ourselves, it would be cool to see some other players come take a look!
G.O.D. | AZN | !ud NOCTERNAL [UNIT]
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
                      Psalm 23:4

Nick

What are your computer's specs Orthux? nvm lulz. I looked at the computer specs page in the same subforum. XD

I would totally play, but I am a little pre-occupied now. :<

Original Join Date: July 3rd, 2008
Posts from /forums: 3340
Vixose on Jubei'Thos

Armybuilder

Ye Vedra isnt on the whitelist

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Orthux

I've added Vedra although "vedra" was already on there. I'm going to close the build server since that one is hardly used and just keep the standard SMP.

Edit: And the map is working for me http://wgminecraft.dyndns.org:8123/ if it doesn't work try this instead: 81.151.52.123:8123
        As always, if there's any mods you can find here: http://forums.bukkit.org/ that you think would be nice to have, let me know.

Edit2: If someone wants to continue hosting the build server or just wants the map, here is everything you need: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2HXKDML

God

Alright now the map is working. Thanks Orthux.

Here is a list of suggested mods:

Torchlighthttp://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-torchlight-v0-1beta-torches-emit-light-while-held-818.19977/] [url]http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-torchlight-v0-1beta-torches-emit-light-while-held-818.19977/[/url]
Torches, lava, fire now emit light when held. Very good for exploring, adds realism, and an rpg element.

Global Permissions http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-cisuscraft-v4-0-easy-global-permissions-chat-channels-functions-and-more-953.24570/
Able to set up chat channels, admin, and other useful functions.

MINECRAFT RPG http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/rpg-mech-mcmmo-v1-0-32-rpg-addiction-redefined-multi-lingual-953.3505/
Not suggesting this, just wanted to let you know about it, frikkin amazing huh?? Runescape meets Minecraft. Anyways this would only be good for a RPG server.

Colored Signs http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/misc-coloredsigns-v1-1-add-colored-text-to-signs-818.9986/
Allows different colored font on signs, not permission based.

PM's http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/chat-web-phpbbpm-v1-1-read-send-pm-synch-with-phpbb-953.22870/
Send PM's, really useful for private chat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, back to building.

Also if anyone needs help getting started I'm usually on, I'd be happy to lend any gear ;).

MCN: Hefty Smurf
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

Torchlight is not yet updated for the latest build, when it is I'll be sure to add it. I like that one.

Global permissions, I can't see a use for. I used SATools for a while but I decided against it (trying to keep things as simple as possible).

Minecraft RPG, that does look cool but like you say it won't work for this but maybe a separate server.

Coloured signs is not yet compatible with the latest build, plus I don't really see enough benefit to add it.

PM's, that mod only works if we get a forum set up on PHPBB which would be pointless since WG is our home!@

Thanks for the suggestions though :P, I'll keep watching that Torchlight thread.

Edit: I've also solved the heat issue, I just run my cpu on "Cool & Quiet" during the night which keeps the temps down (it underclocks it to 803mhz on each core). Only thing bothering me now is the noise. Right now I can run cool enough on 3 fans at 800rpm, it's the PSU and GPU that is ruining that dream of a silent pc.

God

Yea Torchlight was the only one I actually wanted, I havn't bothered to look through the hundreds of mods, they get repetitive, haha.

I wish I had the ability to buy a server, sadly I don't have the best living environment, and am constantly moving.

I'll be pulling an all-nighter, trying to finish up my 60x55x10 slime room.
Which by the way, I haven't come across any slime :/ And from what I can see(X-ray), the caves/monster spawners are only ever filled with zombies, and skeletons(few spiders). I really need slime, haha.

Orthux, you should log on and play if you have the chance, could use some company.
Also like to show you what I made.

Back to building....I mean digging.

MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

God

Is it possible to turn TnT explosions on? Because I need to clear some big rooms :p

MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

James

Might come on the play server, enable flying plz lol <3

Orthux

To be honest I wanted this to be a "no-cheating" server, but I guess it now isn't one. I'll turn on flying and tnt etc on now.

God

I think you should keep it a SMP server. I enjoy being in the game playing.

Flying is cheating and ruins the realistic in-game feel :/ Eventually it leads to just building, and not actually exploring, or walking over terrain.

TnT however is part of the game, and is an in-game item that's very useful, because trying to dig 60x55 rooms sucks when you have to hand dig it.

MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

It's x-ray that I consider a bigger cheat, it's basically spawning. I'll turn flying off though.

Edit: And I wasn't trying to suggest that TNT was cheating, I just have it disabled to stop any griefing.

God

By X-Ray I mean texture pack, so that I don't dig into water (Since I am building under the water) , or other peoples creations.

I don't actually use it for anything but that, since I have no need for caves.

MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

Alright, it's just I had this issue before when I used to play with friends. I ended up putting a mod on which hides all ores until certain events, it corrupted the map though and we had ore above ground (so many hours of work got destroyed). So x-ray gets me quite mad.

God

Oh yea, I'm not using client side mods.

Is TnT now working? Creepers are safe right, they don't blow things up?

Almost finished my Monster Spawner.
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

It's normal Minecraft now, the only mod on it is the map. So yes TNT/Creepers do work.

Edit: I'm also pleased to say I'm getting around 7ms ping to Birmingham (UK) now, so the lag should have improved for you over in the US.

God

Wow thats fast, and yes I havn't noticed any lag so far.

I finished my spawner, but it doesnt work, at all( Which I find odd, it should work a little at least).  I guess I have to go splunking to light up surrounding caves, forcing the game to spawn the monsters in my trap?

Is the difficulty on easy or normal, because most of the time I notice barely any mobs, but sometimes there are tons of mobs everywhere.
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

For multiplayer there is no easy or normal, it's just mobs on or off. Lighting up the surrounding area will help, I used to have a huge mob spawner under a castle I built a while back (in smp), I didn't get loads of mobs but it was good to afk there overnight.

God

Im not getting a single mob, which is really odd. I've built the EthosLab spawner, located it under water.

I have a decent amount of caves lit up, was hoping to see 1 mob before I continue to light more up, but I havn't seen any in my spawner. I read You should clear 128x128 for the mobs to spawn in your trap, correct?

Maybe you could give me some tips, because I'm stumped.

I'll relocate if I have to, but I spent forever on that haha.

Edit: To get a correct 30X30 monster spawner, should I just create one in a area on the map with no/minimal/ caves? (using the dynamic map).
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

Orthux

I wouldn't try and relocate, see if you can light up the area more. Also check if you get anything overnight (just leave your character at the collection point).

Bgpgraebner

Wow, you guys really need to teach me how to play this. My biggest achievement till now was getting 3 diamond picks and some redstone, haha.

God

Quote from: Bgpgraebner on July 08, 2011, 03:38:20 PM
Wow, you guys really need to teach me how to play this. My biggest achievement till now was getting 3 diamond picks and some redstone, haha.

Log on and I'll get you started. Minecraft is all about math, and architectural design.

Read up on the Minecraft Wiki, and watch the channels on Youtube, and you'll be pro.

Just warning you, once you get started, you won't stop.
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf

God

Quote from: God on July 08, 2011, 11:56:06 PM
Quote from: Bgpgraebner on July 08, 2011, 03:38:20 PM

Log on and I'll get you started. Minecraft is all about math, and architectural design.

Read up on the Minecraft Wiki, and watch the channels on Youtube, and you'll be pro.

Just warning you, once you get started, you won't stop.

Edit: Orthux please check your PM's.
MINECRAFT. HEFTYSmurf