• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Fitness Consoling by Coach

Started by Coach, March 10, 2012, 06:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach

I have been doing some thinking on how I could use my skills to benefit the clan as a whole. As I pondered this I thought I could share my expertise of fitness with the community. I will be offering consoling in this thread for various different ways.

1) Offering Workout Programs
2) Diet help
3)Motivation
4)"Coaching!"
5)General Questions
6)Supplement review/recommendations
7)Breakdown on specific things when requested

Let me explain my experiences with you.

"You can only know how far you've gone if you know where you've been"

I started training after a getting bullied my whole life. I USED to be the little tiny kid that everyone picked on. At 6'2" and 135 Lbs i displayed all the puny little wimp. Eventually around the time I was 15 years old I started training not really knowing what I was doing but I was in the gym, and that's all that counted.  I would do things I saw on T.V or in a magazine. That summer my brother came home from Iraq and showed me proper ways of doing things. Back then I could barely bench the bar (45lbs). After putting in several months of hard work with big brother Mike he had to go back to Iraq. The two biggest guys in my gym are cops and the are the definition of a monster. Joe dead lifts 900lbs and benches over 500 lbs. They had noticed all the hard work I had been putting in with my brother Mike and when he left they extended an invitation to me to start training with them. At this time I declined mostly out of fear because they are so big and i was so tiny. After another couple of months of seeing them in the gym and around town they asked me to train again, "come to at least one workout" ed said. This one workout changed my life. I got bit by the iron bug. As i trained with them I noticed their intensity, no communication in the gym they were there for a purpose it wasn't a Sunday brunch or social hour at the library they were in the gym to move some weight. This level of intensity soon transferred to me and is displayed in my own training today. I trained with them and learned to love power lifting for about 3 years until I went out of town for college. I continued to learn even-tho I was all alone I read every article I come across, fending to get more knowledge. Since then I have taught dozens of peers,family, and friends anything from basic weight training to advanced nutrition and bodybuilding. Present day I am a competition power-lifter who trains under a well know power lifting strength coach who really knows his stuff. Together we collaborate on my routines diet and just about anything else you can think of.

Here is a link to my blog read from #1(bottom) up current #5 http://blog.bodybuilding.com/tree_v1/

Please feel free to post with any questions you may have!

Coach

This is who I was!

I was 6'2" and only weighed 145lbs
my arms might have been 10"
Bench= > 45lbs
Squat = > 135lbs
Deadlift > 135 lbs

This is me about 6 months in

I was 6'2" and only weighed 165 lbs
My arms might have been 12" at this point
Bench=  135lbs
Squat =  185lbs
Deadlift= 185 lbs

This is who I evolved into and what I am Today!

I'm 6'3" and weight between 195-215lbs depending on what weight class im trying to make.
My arms are 16.5 inches
Bench=  305lbs
Squat =  415lbs
Deadlift= 505 lbs

My story proves that anyone can do it, I have been through hell and back and I'm still walking tall with my head up high!

You can go home and tell your mom you're a man now!

Restore PvP

nice story looking forward to more, fitness is always nice

- Restore PvP

Wayshow

QuoteAt 6'2" and 1350 Lbs
What a fat little boy :P
Nah jk :P
Imma save the gym stuff for college :D

Coach

Quote from: Wayshow on March 10, 2012, 06:35:04 AM

haha i fixed it! What is the point in waiting when not be the best you can be while you can be when you get to college everyone will be like oh damn!

Wayshow

Quote from: Coach on March 10, 2012, 06:37:16 AM
Quote from: Wayshow on March 10, 2012, 06:35:04 AM

haha i fixed it! What is the point in waiting when not be the best you can be while you can be when you get to college everyone will be like oh damn!
No gym anywhere near
Plus high school in Taiwan sucks lol :P

Joey

You bench as much as I do. Nice man, good to see other people out their who take pride in what they do. I just don't dead list and squats. I have a bad lower back at points, 2 fucked up forearms, and a messed up shoulder. But, I'll still powerful and fit.

You weigh 195-205? Not bad, I'm exactly at 182.0 at the moment at the age of 16. :)
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Coach

Quote from: Joey on March 10, 2012, 10:35:30 PM
You bench as much as I do. Nice man, good to see other people out their who take pride in what they do. I just don't dead list and squats. I have a bad lower back at points, 2 fucked up forearms, and a messed up shoulder. But, I'll still powerful and fit.

You weigh 195-205? Not bad, I'm exactly at 182.0 at the moment at the age of 16. :)

Yea I would bench more but i tore my left rotator cuff and my right trap. Yea im at 197 atm. Nothing I pride in more than the gym.

Joey

Quote from: Coach on March 10, 2012, 11:32:49 PM
Quote from: Joey on March 10, 2012, 10:35:30 PM

Yea I would bench more but i tore my left rotator cuff and my right trap. Yea im at 197 atm. Nothing I pride in more than the gym.

You speak true words.
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Keith

5'10" 150 lbs 20 yrs and proud ## ## ## ## ##

But I always like to see this kind of stuff, maybe if I ever decided to gain a little muscle I'd ask for help, but I'm totally satisfied with my own routine at the moment

Wayshow

Quote from: Keith on March 12, 2012, 12:55:00 AM

But I always like to see this kind of stuff, maybe if I ever decided to gain a little muscle I'd ask for help, but I'm totally satisfied with my own routine at the moment
-.- what's your mile speed now.... 3 minutes? <3

Keith

Quote from: Wayshow on March 12, 2012, 01:08:40 AM
Quote from: Keith on March 12, 2012, 12:55:00 AM

-.- what's your mile speed now.... 3 minutes? <3

I need to work on that, but right now I'm doing longer distances over a little faster speeds - I can do 7 miles in 49ish minutes without real effort and I wanna be able to do that but over 26.2 miles by this fallllll

Coach

I'm not a fan of running at all the only time i do is for sports.

Warcow1992

:nyan:

I'm looking to be a spartan, what workouts can you reccomend?

Moo!~

Coach

Quote from: Warcow1992 on March 12, 2012, 03:07:46 AM

Not really sure if this is serious or not. If it isn't serious please don't bother posting here as training is about the only thing I take serious in life. If it is serious I know the workout that they did for the movie 300.

Joey

Quote from: Warcow1992 on March 12, 2012, 03:07:46 AM

Chest+Trice work out and Back, and Legs, and Biceps.. and take a few steriods.
-->Joey FucKing BoTzZ<--

Ex-CoS
Ex-Tko Blitz
Ex-"The" Clan
Ex-No Smoking Clan
Ex-w18 Unit

`Ex-Old School Member`
                      of
               Team Blitz

~ Ex-Raid Leader ~ 
                     of
     ~Wilderness Guardians~

Rachellove9

I have to say 135 lbs on a 6 foot 2 man who runs cross country can be expected. 
My bro runs 7 to 10 miles after school then comes home and rides his bike up a mile long hill and around our block that is 3 miles long.
I would never say he isn't fit.
I bought him a bike for Christmas.

Now my fitness question is this: 

What can I buy him for graduation that will help him with his continued fitness program?
(Try to keep it less than $500.)

Coach

Do you know what type of training it is. Im thinking cross training since he is a runner, but if you could tell me how he trains it would greatly help me.

Wayshow

Quote from: Rachellove9 on March 14, 2012, 02:02:16 AM
My bro runs 7 to 10 miles after school then comes home and rides his bike up a mile long hill and around our block that is 3 miles long.

What can I buy him for graduation that will help him with his continued fitness program?
Running shoes? :P

Rachellove9

Quote from: Wayshow on March 14, 2012, 02:39:16 AM
Quote from: Rachellove9 on March 14, 2012, 02:02:16 AM

Running shoes? :P

Good idea!!  He goes through those like apples.  I am going to get a gift card to a local running store for the shoes. 

He runs to train.  He rides the bike now to do his upper legs uphill.  He does something with a 25 lb weight for his arms mostly.  It is all about reps and not about the weight.  He does push ups and sit ups every night too.  I'm not sure if a good gym quality jump rope would be helpful, but that is something I was considering too.

Coach

wayshow had the good idea of running shoes might I also add some sort of compression gear such us underarmour heat gear would be helpful.

Wayshow

Maybe some deodorant as well ##  :erm:

His Lordship

OK here's one that might stump you. This question goes to Owen as well.
Why do I get these red marks on my shoulders every time I do barbel squats or machine squats?
I use padding, no difference.

Reece

"Usually its not the bar that causes this. I thought that for a long time until I got huge marks all over my shoulders after doing standing calf raises with shoulder pads. This may not be the same thing as you, but I found out I get those marks whenever I rest the weight on the seam of my t-shirt. They often have seams on top of the shoulders, which force the weight into 1 small spot and will cause some blood vessels to burst.

So unless your using an incredible amount of weight, and your squatting with the bar on your shoulders instead of traps, this is probably the case."

I found a better site when it first happened to me but can't seem to find it. But yeah pretty much they are broken capillaries. I get them everytime i do standing calf raises thusfar, padding or no padding makes no difference.
Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013
2ez

Coach

your capillaries in your shoulders are probably bursting combined with thin skin on your shoulders which allows you to see the marks easier.