• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

[color=limegreen][b][Farming][/b][/color] ~Basic Tree Farming Guide~

Started by Raging Mage2, May 14, 2012, 01:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raging Mage2

I was looking for a tree run guide, and couldn't find one  so I whipped one up.

This is extremely basic, you can swap from home tele'ing to Tele to house then portals if its quicker, Which is what I do.

Bank get 1 of each tree -> Spirit Tree to Tree Gnome Stronghold (FRUIT AND WOOD) -> Bank get 2 fruit tree -> Crystal Teleport to Lletya (FRUIT) -> Chip tab to Brimhaven (FRUIT) -> Home Tele to Taverly -> Bank and get 1of each tree -> Do Taverly (WOOD) -> Home tele to Catherby (FRUIT) -> Home tele to Falador -> Bank get 2 Wood tree -> Do Falador (WOOD) -> Home Tele to Varrock (WOOD) -> Bank get 1 wood 2 fruit tree -> Home tele to Lumbridge (WOOD) -> Juju Spirit Bag Tele to Herblore Habitat (FRUIT) -> Ring of Dueling to Alkharid then glider to Tree Gnome Maze (FRUIT)

Invent I normally go with:
The carers take noted payments which helps alot.

Cost/EXP:
http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Farming/Trees

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Armybuilder

Tree/Fruit Tree Run

Let's start with this, since it is the most xp. Do as outlined below (without using any alts) and you should do your Tree/Fruit Tree runs in 8-9 minutes.

This is the standard inventory. Now there are a few things to note/replace:

-Personally, I got pked with my Penance gloves on and I do not have Agile Top or Bottoms. If you have any of those, wear them, since they can only help. However, I would like to mention that they are not necessary, since with that set-up I never fall below 50% run.
-You can replace the teleports with teletabs. In the above picture, that's one of each of: Falador, Varrock , Lumbridge, and Camelot teleports. If you farm with Lunar, bring a Catherby teleport instead of a Camelot teletab.
-If you do not have access to any of the items above, please go back to the Items (Advanced) or Items (Basic) section and look up the alternatives you have.
-It's worth mentioning that I do not need to bank with the above set up
-The compost is for the regular trees, which I do not protect (see the above concepts). If you do protect them, you will not need compost unless you do 3 tree runs per day. Always have 1 supercompost for the Calquat, at least.
-If you don't know why I chose a Mithril Hatchet, see the Items (Basic) entry on hatchets.

Now, notice that you only have 1 free space. Clearly, you can't farm fruit trees like that! So you don't. If you visit the Varrock, Falador, and Lumbridge tree patches (and drop all the empty pots/buckets) you easily have enough room for Fruit Tree yields. Remember to note them when you don't have room!

Now, just make sure your Duelling Ring has at least 4 charges (3, if you don't bank them at 1 charge left) and make sure your Tiny Elf Crystal is charged, and you're ready to go!

In the pictures provided, the red line indicates the path you are to run and the red dot indicates where you land after you teleport to that location using the method described. If you cannot use a particular teleport, see the Patches section of this guide and locate the alternative best for you.

1. Varrock Teleport

Farm: Varrock Tree

2. Lumbridge Teleport

Farm: Lumbridge Tree

3. Falador Teleport

Farm: Falador Tree

4. Camelot/Catherby Teleport

Farm: Catherby Fruit Tree

5. Duelling Ring to Mobilizing Armies, then take the Spirit Tree to Tree Gnome Village, exit the Village and have Elkoy lead you through the maze

Farm: Gnome Village Fruit Tree

6. Duelling Ring to Mobilizing Armies, then take the Spirit Tree to the Gnome Stronghold

Farm: Stronghold Tree, Stronghold Fruit Tree

7. While you're at the Gnome Stronghold, cut down 1 regular tree and use the balloon to fly to Taverly

Farm: Taverly Tree

8. Duelling Ring to Mobilizing Armies, then take the Spirit Tree to Brimhaven

Farm: Brimhaven Fruit Tree and Calquat Tree

9. Tiny Elf Crystal

Farm: Lleyta Fruit Tree

Outline

1. Tele to Varrock

2. Tele to Lumbridge

3. Tele to Falador

4. Tele to Camelot/Catherby

5. Duelling Ring to MA and Spirit Tree to Gnome Village

6. Duelling Ring to MA and Spirit Tree to Gnome Stronghold

7. Balloon to Taverly

8. Duelling Ring to MA and Spirit Tree to Brimhaven, then run south to Calquat

9. Tiny Elf Crystal to Lleyta

That's it. There's a bank at Lleyta also, so you can gear up for whatever you do next.

How fast is this? Well, as I said before, it's typically 8-9 minutes. My personal record time is 7 minutes 24 seconds. So challenge yourself, can you beat my time? And more importantly, can you beat your own time, whether it is faster or slower than mine?

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Zaaps1

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Raging Mage2

Originally WG 16/05/06

Armybuilder

Paying Farmers
As you know, you can pay farmers to protect your patches. However, this isn't always worth it. All patches (if supercomposted) die 10% of the time, on average. What does this mean? This means if you planted 10 trees, you should expect 1 of them to die (this is not guaranteed, but you should EXPECT 1 to die and you should use that number in your planning).

So let's say I planted 10 Birch trees. Birch trees cost 20k per seed. The farmers accept 5 Asian Pears as payment, which are 500 each one the GE. So in total, the payment is 2.5k.

In those 10 Birch trees, I should expect 1 to die. So I am wasting 20k, because that 20k buys 1 seed that doesn't yield any xp due to death (this isn't true, because you get xp for planting, but let's keep it simple).

However, if you paid the farmer to protect all 10 Birchs, none would die, right? However, you would then pay 2.5k for all 10 of those trees. Therefore, you are wasting 25k, because that 25k buys payments that don't yield any xp.

See what happened? By paying the farmer, you actually wasted 5k extra.

So, if the total cost of the payment exceeds 10% of the cost of 1 seed, it is NOT worth paying to protect that tree.

Here's an example, yew seeds are 86k. They require 10 cactus spines, totaling 37k in costs. 37k is more than 10% of 86k, so you should not pay to protect yews at the current prices (which are subject to change, so you should always check).

Maple seeds are 52k and require a basket of oranges, which is 1k. 1k is less than 10% of 52k, so you should pay to protect maples.

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Raging Mage2

my 1 page view vs 30 page scroll nty

Originally WG 16/05/06

Rachellove9

My Tree tips:

If you plant willows and pick the willow branches and sell them, you at times can make profit instead of it costing you to get the xp.
I do this when I am not really training farming but just plant them and pick branches as I pass the trees.
Bank them til they sell for 1.5 to 2 k each.  You get 6 each time you pick and each branch gives you 25 xp as well.
This is more of when you want to plant and not worry as much that your at the max xp but don't want to lose gp.

The other thing is that you always need to have at least 1k gp with you when you farm.

Always keep a cactus planted and when you need to tele to a bank use the home tele by it and pick 3 spines.
They range in price from 6 to 9 k each.  It adds up fast with how often I need to bank.
Then you won't need to buy them in ge.

Raging Mage2

link to original post army?.. I wana see what else it had about hatchets

Originally WG 16/05/06

Armybuilder

Raging Mage2

Originally WG 16/05/06

Mojo

nise guide, i never have the patience to farm lol
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Raging Mage2

That guide you posted a link to is freaking great.

Originally WG 16/05/06

Raging Mage2

Originally WG 16/05/06