• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

FOX

Started by Bam, July 02, 2012, 04:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bam

So i just kind of stumbled over some debating footage made by FOX which was pretty interesting...so i kept researching about the whole thing because even in Germany i do know what FOX idiology contains. And the best vid was John Stewart vs Bill O'Reilly, which was really hilarious. Well it's natural to have your own opinion on every subject but me seeing O'Reilly debating made me felt like he was pretty big fkn douchebag, who talks over everyone the second he sees that he is wrong or the other person is about to make a point he doesn't have an answer to.

So i was just wondering how can FOX still have such shows going like Family Guy or Simpsons. Well i do agree that those to aren't really the guidlines for the right way of politics but they do make a point from time to time....which mostly does collide with FOX's point of view.

Keith

yeah John Stewart is a great guy from comedy central, but fox does house a lot of doucebaggery - I wouldn't trust their news completely if you're looking for no bias

Dieyou2000

Fox News and Fox Entertainment channels are different.  They are of course both owned by the same parent company, News Corp, which is owned by Australian Rupert Murdoch.

Here's the easiest I think I can put it.

Fox News is where Republicans in America go to get fed bullshit.  Fox and its hosts have been caught repeatedly lying, editing video/photos in misleading ways, leaving out vital information from stories, etc.  They sucked George Bush's dick while he was in office no matter what he did, and if Obama adopted ten-thousand kittens and puppies, while solving world hunger, and ending war they would still somehow find something bad to say about him.

Fox Entertainment is primarily for making money.  The reason some fairly liberal shows like Family Guy, Fringe, etc. are on that channel is because they make money.  If other shows made more money, they would start airing similarly styled shows.

If you want real news in America, NPR isn't a bad bet.

Pacman Syu

Quote from: Dieyou2000 on July 03, 2012, 03:21:11 AM
Fox News and Fox Entertainment channels are different.  They are of course both owned by the same parent company, News Corp, which is owned by Australian Rupert Murdoch.

Here's the easiest I think I can put it.

Fox News is where Republicans in America go to get fed bullshit.  Fox and its hosts have been caught repeatedly lying, editing video/photos in misleading ways, leaving out vital information from stories, etc.  They sucked George Bush's dick while he was in office no matter what he did, and if Obama adopted ten-thousand kittens and puppies, while solving world hunger, and ending war they would still somehow find something bad to say about him.

Fox Entertainment is primarily for making money.  The reason some fairly liberal shows like Family Guy, Fringe, etc. are on that channel is because they make money.  If other shows made more money, they would start airing similarly styled shows.

If you want real news in America, NPR isn't a bad bet.
As someone who hangs more conservative than liberal, this is pretty much right. FOX has this sortof tunnel-visioned view on politics where they pick candidates or views and run with it for years, no matter what happens. Personally, I get my news online, and yes, Bush/Romney/Gingrich/Santorum all suck.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Becca

all US news stationed tend to lean more one way than another. i'd say the most unbiased place for american new is BBC :p