• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

6 yr old monitors suck.

Started by Imperator07, July 24, 2012, 07:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imperator07

So, i ditched the 19" and added 13 more. Anyone have a huge monitor? It makes fullscreen much, much better.

Monitor sizes, all?

Kevin

It's not the size, but how you use it  ##
Kcross73 – KevCross – Kevin
Proud Trial Guardian: December 24, 2009 – January 10, 2010
Proud Guardian: January 10, 2010 – February 13, 2010
Proud Event Leader: February 13, 2010 – November 27, 2010
Proud Council: November 27, 2010 – July 5, 2011

Raging Mage2

haha kids and their one monitor.

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

JC

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on July 24, 2012, 11:07:41 AM

Corrected for ya....

Haha kids and their TV as a computer screen :3
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

IlIScottIlI

my tv is my computer screen just need new keyboard n mouse

Imperator07

Quote from: Raging Mage2 on July 24, 2012, 11:07:41 AM

I have two monitors. The other one is the old 19" LCD I bought in 2006.  ##

Quote from: JC on July 24, 2012, 08:52:00 PM

Corrected for ya....

It's actually a computer monitor.  :fp:

It's this one http://tinyurl.com/tehmonitor

JC

Quote from: Imperator07 on July 25, 2012, 01:42:50 AM

Corrected for ya....

You're not all that bright are you?

Your "computer monitor" is actually a 32" TV, branded as a PC monitor..... So Phillips can sell their old TV's at almost twice the price of the competitors.... eg. Samsung 32" TV

Whats even more impressive is your $520 "computer screen" doesn't have to have the other nice expensive bits that a TV has (like a tuner, HDMI port licensing etc) so it actually costs Phillips even less to make.

And assuming your 2006 monitor is an LCD screen, it probably has a better resolution than that 32" "computer screen"... a real computer screen of that size would have a resolution of somewhere in the region of 2560 x 1600 (or to put it in simple terms, 4 times the pixels per inch).

Facepalm indeed, but direct it at yourself because you just got well and truly ripped off (even if you got it half price) :fp:
To strive.
To seek.
To find.
And not to yield.

Raging Mage2

Click image for achievement thread!

#1 In Heaven's Slayer Challenge (2mil exp in 1 month)

Originally WG 16/05/06

Vio

Meanwhile, at Keanu's house with his 14" monitor from 1976...

Imperator07

Quote from: JC on July 25, 2012, 11:54:12 AM
Quote from: Imperator07 on July 25, 2012, 01:42:50 AM

Corrected for ya....

You're not all that bright are you?

Your "computer monitor" is actually a 32" TV, branded as a PC monitor..... So Phillips can sell their old TV's at almost twice the price of the competitors.... eg. Samsung 32" TV

Whats even more impressive is your $520 "computer screen" doesn't have to have the other nice expensive bits that a TV has (like a tuner, HDMI port licensing etc) so it actually costs Phillips even less to make.

And assuming your 2006 monitor is an LCD screen, it probably has a better resolution than that 32" "computer screen"... a real computer screen of that size would have a resolution of somewhere in the region of 2560 x 1600 (or to put it in simple terms, 4 times the pixels per inch).

Facepalm indeed, but direct it at yourself because you just got well and truly ripped off (even if you got it half price) :fp:

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

I didnt pay that price.  ## That's best buy, I didnt shop at bestbuy, big guy. I called it a monitor cause it was sold as a monitor, in the monitor section of the store. What phillips manufactures it as is a moot point. I understand where you're coming from, but your assumptions and fact throwing is all for nothin there, genius. I could have paid $400 for a 27" with the same resolution, but I dont pay for fancy brand names. :3 Decided to go bigger for cheaper.

Plus, I got it brand new for $200  ## ## ##

EDIT: Less than half price, ftw

Pacman Syu

Oh snap man. That's great. I just got a new 14" flatscreen monitor to replace the 16" monitor I had that had a strange yellow tint to it.. Nevertheless, that computer is only for my minecraft server and other linux goodies. My RS machine is a 17" laptop.
NYEK NYEK NYEK.

・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ ・ :<

Imperator07

Birthday money, lol.  :nyan: