• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

A story

Started by Zeld Freelan, November 13, 2012, 11:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeld Freelan

Today was a school day, and, as such, I was in Science class in 6th period, the last period.

The Science teacher was talking about the form of the Earth and how it didn't have water at first ( obviously )

A kid raised his hand and he promptly answered it, and you know what he said?

"Yo, uh...what did the people drink?" He said. Me and the Teacher post said at the same time "People!?" But everyone else in the class was as equally confused.

The kid who asked the question turned towards me and yelled "JESUS!"

A kid violently poked me in the shoulder and whispered "Adam and Eve dumbass?" All the others who were around nodded in agreement.

After class when I was on my way to my locker, a gang of the same kids went up to me and blocked my path, they called me things like Stupid dumbass, fucking non Christian and other such things, it wasn't until ( After a few other teachers overlooked the situation, because they were obviously Christian what with the crosses hanging around their neck ) A science teacher came and stopped them.

So now everybody hates me because I'm not Christian  :/
"You can't touch music, but music can touch you." -Mordecai

Keith

Leave your school forever. Why do they even have science classes? Fuck them for judging you for understanding science.

His Lordship

Zeld Freelan

QuoteWhat state?

Nevada, our governor just LOVES to cut our Education funding.  -.-

QuoteLeave your school forever. Why do they even have science classes? Fuck them for judging you for understanding science.

I have no choice.

Al

Don't pay attention to bullies.
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

Runner-up, Best Staff Member, Summer 2012 :-)

RIP other Summer award :<

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

[/spoiler]https://twitter.com/wildguardRS

Ts Stormrage

Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!
Former Leader of Tal Shiar

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

PineappleTom

So, like... What did the people drink??

Ts Stormrage

Another huge aspect of the religious:

Covering up their insecurity with massive ignorance and bullshit that they don't appreciate being called out on (otherwise their little comfort zone might get dented)...

Nothing you can do about them, but you're going to have a few rough years ahead of you there...

Just know that they dont know any better...
Writer for the Tip.it Times <-- Monthly articles about RuneScape for you to enjoy!

Political correctness is the largest assault on free speech ever made. True respect of someone is to tell someone what you really think. People who want those who disagree with them to be punished and silenced so they can feel better about themselves and are free to impose their views on others, are asking for their rights to be removed.

Colinwarrior

But wait a minute...Christians keep telling me how their religion is about tolerance and they're a peaceful and understanding people, when I tell them that religion is bad. ALL RELIGION. It's just another thing to divide people into camps, ready to fight each other about stupid bullshit.

But I guess the biggest remaining question is...what did the people drink???

Currently busy with:
Western Michigan University
Proud WG member from January 2006 - Fall 2009 and owner of a WG t-shirt

Vio

They drank their own piss.

Keith

I wish people weren't so "politically correct" (not that this pertains to this situation specifically) and did things to prevent idiots from operating in the world. I don't consider myself an elitist or whatever term you want to use, but I think most of the world is STUPID and doesn't deserve half of the rights of regular people. Do I want most of the world using their voting power to vote for the wrong candidate, when the only qualification they have for selecting someone to lead their country is being a citizen of said country? fuck that, fuck off. If you're too stupid to know how to behave in society, then you shouldn't have the right to make any sort of decisions. Sometimes I just want to leave everyone and live alone because dealing with the world is practically intolerable. Wouldn't be too pissed if there was a purge of these people, as awful as it sounds.

and I'll sum it up for you; regardless of beliefs, anyone who thinks they KNOW what they are talking about at that age is obviously retarded and won't amount to anything. Even if this was the opposite situation. You don't go and shove what you think in peoples faces unless you want to get knocked the fuck out. I don't know if I would've been able to stop laughing at these idiots. Basically, don't even talk about it because it's easy for a bunch of retards to push you around with numbers rather than facts.

granitecrab

l2loveandrespect. thats what i do, thats how i live, and i have lost all respect for this set of loser's and will love to punch one of them in the face.

i'm going on a adventure!

His Lordship

Quote from: Colinwarrior on November 14, 2012, 06:38:36 PM
But wait a minute...Christians keep telling me how their religion is about tolerance and they're a peaceful and understanding people, when I tell them that religion is bad. ALL RELIGION. It's just another thing to divide people into camps, ready to fight each other about stupid bullshit.

But I guess the biggest remaining question is...what did the people drink???

Don't do that.
Don't pigeonhole.
I'm a Christian and I've never forced it down anyone's throat, nor am I a divisive person.

Owen

Quote from: His Lordship on November 16, 2012, 02:36:49 PM
I'm a Christian and I've never forced it down anyone's throat

Teehehehe

[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Panda|Vulcan and Armybuilder, His Lordship and Vio and Patty and Owen - Biggest Bromances - Winter Fun Awards 2013
Owen and Dat Zemus - Most likely to be playing Runescape in 5 years - Winter Fun Awards 2013[/spoi

Ts Stormrage

Gene... We've talked... You're not a Christian... You're secular...

His Lordship

I'm a Christian because I believe in the core beliefs of Christianity:

1. There is a God, and God made the world
2. That Jesus was both divine AND human
3. That Christ's life was the ultimate model for my life
4. That love is the greatest of all powers, and I must love everyone
5. That there is life after death, and the quality of that afterlife is determined by the quality of our lives (note how I did not refer to heaven, hell or judgment)

Now, we can pick my beliefs to pieces, but we'll have to do it another time.
Just a few things to get straight with my beliefs:

1. No, God is not an omnipotent figure who watches over us
2. No, there was no Adam and Eve, or Noah
3. The Old Testament is a product of its time and is really stupid
4. I do not believe in the majority of the bible. It is a story book for the most part.
5. Science and religion are two ways of viewing the world, just like we can view an object from two different angles to get a better understanding. They do not necessarily fight with each other, and in the rare points where they do, science wins.
6. The church has done some fucked up shit and I'll admit that straight up, but they've also done some incredible things for humanity.

Al

Quote from: His Lordship on November 16, 2012, 08:49:55 PM
6. The church has done some fucked up shit and I'll admit that straight up, but they've also done some incredible things for humanity.

Missions
"Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible; and then suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

His Lordship

Quote from: Al on November 16, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

Missions

Skeptics will say that they only made missions to convert people to their faith, as they did in Africa. I'm on the fence about that one.
I think there are elements of both genuine intention and vested interest.

Al

Quote from: His Lordship on November 16, 2012, 08:59:18 PM
Quote from: Al on November 16, 2012, 08:56:26 PM

Missions

Skeptics will say that they only made missions to convert people to their faith, as they did in Africa. I'm on the fence about that one.
I think there are elements of both genuine intention and vested interest.

Yeah the objective of the missions was primarily to convert people to Christianity, but the missionaries also provided other things like healthcare, language exchange, orphanges, teaching, cultural exchange, just to name a few.

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)

btraill

In your 6th period tomorrow stand in front of the class and say,

"Religion is an excuse for ignorance."

Film it too please -- I'd love to see these ignorant asshats respond to that one.  :nyan:

Zeld Freelan

[/t]

Yeah the objective of the missions was primarily to convert people to Christianity, but the missionaries also provided other things like healthcare, language exchange, orphanges, teaching, cultural exchange, just to name a few.[/t]

[/t]

Well, ya know, Missions aren't really the best example to choose from.

The Vatican?
Westminster Abbey?
A fuck load of Cathedrals I can't name?

I'm not even Christian but I do acknowledge the good and the bad it has done.

Al

Quote from: Zeld Freelan on November 17, 2012, 08:49:58 AM
[/t]

Yeah the objective of the missions was primarily to convert people to Christianity, but the missionaries also provided other things like healthcare, language exchange, orphanges, teaching, cultural exchange, just to name a few.[/t]

[/t]

Well, ya know, Missions aren't really the best example to choose from.

Maybe not for you. I'd like to specifically point out the Missions of California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_missions_in_California

Just F.Y.I...and seriously F.Y.I. for you and anyone else that doesn't know.

San Francisco
San Diego
San Jose
Los Angeles
San Mateo
Santa Barbara

Just to name a few. These are cities named after or because of Missionary influence. Just in California. I suggest anyone to just read or look over that Wikipedia link by the way. And no, sorry, this isn't arguable. ## My point is this:

There will always be the good and the bad in history. What's here is here, no matter what. You can't change the past. All that matters is what good you take out of it. And realistically, without that history some of us might not be here. You can list tons and tons of bad things religion has done. You can list tons and tons of of good things religion has done. But you have to know that as long as there are conflicting views and opposite religions there will always be a never-ending argument (thanks NightShade). So, if you're actually fighting about religion...or what religion is the best...or say, "Oh, I don't appreciate what you say about my religion," or go on any ends to prove your religion is better, you're contributing to that never-ending cycle of argument on which religion is better. That's why I only live out values in religion. Notice how I said in...I don't believe that religion gave us (humans) good values, but good values are found in most religion.

The World will keep spinning and time will keep ticking. Religions do die. According to our calendar, we've been living through 2000 years after Christ right? By the way, I'm trying not to single out any specific religion here. It just so happens that we count our years after Jesus of Nazareth's birth. Yes, he was a real person and it just so happens he is one of the most influential humans in history.

If you believe in natural selection and evolution and that stuff...according to science that has been proven over and over again, humans will evolve. Whether it's 1000 or 10000 years from now, humans will become smarter and live longer. And a religion (not naming any in particular) will either have significantly less followers, or become a dead religion. I'm a firm believer that a god didn't make man. Man made god. Religion didn't make religion. People wrote religion. And it's all based on what people learned. That people actually passed this knowledge down generation to generation. But wait, before you call me names...I can honestly say, almost religions offer great insight to life. Almost all are great ways and guides to live life. Even if a guide was all the wrong ways to live life -- one (good or bad) prevails. I am not a philosophy major or can even sound anything like an expert in philosophy, but according to John Locke, all humans are born clean and pure. I don't want to get into detail on this but I could discuss it with someone later.

So is it safe to say that we are born and nurtured into religion? To Zeld and other fellow Americans...we recite(d) the pledge of allegiance everyday or morning at school or periodically. Observations: "One Nation, Under God," and "In God We Trust" engraved on coins.

Zeld, on the situation being singled out because you aren't Christian...I'm going to have to remind you on what it means to be an American. You live in a free country. You're free to say what (as long as it doesn't violate anyone else's rights) you want, and practice whatever religion you want. This is really cliche in America, but it's fuckin' true. Stand up for what you believe in, and the rest will fall into place.

Take the good knowledge out of whatever religious belief you follow and spread it. Argue it. I believe that in the end, as long as you're doing it with good intentions, all of humankind benefits and we all win. But remember -- you choose to follow your religion and spread its values. No god told you to.

now wher all ma sardomins at

[spoiler]

(Shared w/ Mojo & 7PB)