• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Discord and Backups

Started by Mojo, November 15, 2012, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

WG uses Discord instead of TeamSpeak, IRC and kik.
It nicely combines all three communication methods into one.

Click here to find out more about WG's Discord server.

You should try and be on Discord whenever you are on RS.

If Discord is ever down, use these backups:

[spoiler=Live Voice Chat Backup]
Teamspeak

Server Address: ts3.wildernessguardians.com
Server Password: usediscord

Case sensitive password. If these details do not work, contact a member of staff ASAP.

- Share with caution!

You are welcome to share our TS info in the CC or FC or via PM but please exercise common sense.
If you suspect a spy or if you don't trust a person then don't share it!

Open the spoiler to find out how to Download and Install TS.
The whole process will only take about 5 minutes:

[spoiler=Installation]
Download & Installation
The following guides will show you how to download and install TeamSpeak 3. It is written for the operating system Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), with annotations for Windows XP Home Edition (32-bit). If you use another OS such as Mac or Linux, please use your initiative - it should be fairly simple.

Visit http://www.teamspeak.com/
In the top-right corner, find the DOWNLOADS menu.
Choose "TeamSpeak 3.

You will get a list of available download options.
For your Operating System, choose the appropriate CLIENT.
I am using a 64-bit OS, so will choose:

CAUTION: If you are unsure of what bit OS you have:
Windows XP: Start > Control Panel > System. If the "System" info does not say 64-bit, you can assume it is a 32-bit on XP.
Windows 7: Start > Computer > System Properties > It will say next to "System Type" whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.

Once you click the download, scroll down to the bottom of the terms and click "I Agree".
You should then get the download:

On Windoes XP, save it to an easily-accessable location like your desktop.
On Windows 7, it should automatically save to your Downloads folder.
OR

Go ahead and run the file.
If you get the security warning on Win7, allow it access.
The setup should unpack and the setup wizard will open.

The wizard steps:
- Licence Agreement: "I Agree"
- Choose users: Select either one, "Next"
- Choose Install Location: Recommended you leave this as the default, "Next"
- Choose Configuration Location: Either, stick with the Recommended (user own files), "Next"
- Choose Start Menu Folder: Recommended you leave this as default, "Install"
It should then install.

Once done, you should see the actual program "TeamSpeak 3 Client" on your desktop.
Open it, and that's the installation done! :D

Configuration

This part is ESSENTIAL if you have a microphone, as here you will set up push-to-talk.
If it does not run automatically, run the setup wizard through Settings > Setup Wizard.

The wizard steps:
- Welcome: "Next"
- Choosing your Nickname: Please use your RuneScape name for convenience. "Next"
- Microphone Settings:If you do not have a microphone, skip this step.

If you have a microphone, you MUST select "Push-To-Talk". Do NOT choose Voice Activation Detection. This causes echos, and is an annoyance for all members. You may select a hotkey if you have a microphone (click the button and hit the key you want to use). Choose a key you don't use very often (Such as the F-keys 9-12), but not something that will affect you in-game. "Next"
- Test your Microphone: If you do not have a microphone, skip this step.

If you have a microphone, you can follow the instructions here to test it. "Next"
- Useful key bindings: You will not be using voice activation, so skip this step. "Next"
- Select Sound Pack: Basically choose what sounds you hear on connect/disconnect/channel switch/etc. Doesn't matter which you choose. "Next"
- Select Plugins: You may choose to enable overlay - this will show a small box with who's talking in-game when you play RuneScape. You can configure this later by going to Settings > Plugins. This is NOT recommended for wars and raids if you play in the smaller "fixed" resolution.

Volume control is NOT recommended, as it will quieten your RuneScape sounds - making you less aware when you are being hit. "Next"
- All Done!: Make sure none of the post-wizard options are ticked (you don't need them), and click "Finish".
[/spoiler]

This part isn't as important, it contains some basic usage tips:

[spoiler=Basic Usage]
Basic Usage Guide

This section will cover the basics on using TeamSpeak 3.

To connect to the server, go to Connections > Connect. The details for our server can be found at the top of this post. Please use your RuneScape name when on TS3, as it helps the staff know who is who.

Once you have successfully connected to the server, you can add it to your bookmarks for easy access. To do this, go to Bookmarks > Add to Bookmarks. It should look like this:

So, now you're in TS3. Here's what the layout looks like:

To join a channel, simply double-click it. The different channels are explained in the next section.

You can also right-click yourself to get these options:

Change Nickname: Changes the nickname you use, like in IRC.
Request Talk Power: If the channel is muted and you need to say something, use this - but only if it is absolutely neccesary. The channels will only be muted during war time - if you need to say something, use the clan chat.
Set Avatar: This is an image you can use like your forum avatar, but for TS3. The maximum dimensions are 300px by 300px. It will be shown on the right when someone clicks your name.
- Delete Avatar: Removes the avatar you currently have.
Change Description: Changes a user's description - unavailable to normal members.
Priority Speaker: Priority speakers will be louder than others if multiple people are speaking at the same time. This feature is usually reserved for the callers and leaders during fights.
Channel Commander: Similar to Priority Speaker - reserved for callers and leaders during fights.
Set Server Group/Channel Group/Permissions: Options reserved for admins to change your access.
Client Connection Info: Shows info such as your IP, ping and other technical jargon.

Channels will also have descriptions, as one example:

A channel description (shown on the right when you click the channel) will have information detailing what's going on there. The above example is for a war channel, and it shows the rules and calling order. The sub-channels for styles will have pictures of gear examples and so.

In terms of toolbars, the main one is the "Self" toolbar:

Profiles: You can set up various profiles, but for simplicity and convenience it is recommended you stick with the default.
Set Away: This doesn't affect anything other than changing your icon to the "away" symbol - it lets others know you are AFK and may not reply.
Activate Microphone: If your microphone is deactivated.
Mute Microphone: This mutes your microphone - if you do not wish to speak for some reason: e.g. to use your hotkey for something else, you can use this.
Mute Speakers/Headphones: This mutes your sound.

The Away, Activate Microphone and Mute/Unmute Microphone/Sound buttons are also available under the toolbars, for easy 1-click access. You also have a "Toggle Subscribe Mode" which lets you change between seeing all users in all channels, or seeing just who is in your current channel. The "Contacts" feature lets you manage friends/blocked users.

Channels Overview

Finally, this section details the different channels. Please note that this list may change from time to time.

The Lobster: The "Lobby" - you first join here. This is similar to #wg_lobby on IRC - general lounging.
Staff Room: For the staff only.
PvP Room: For PvP events such as Raids.
- War Room: This channel is for wars, and will usually change to the name of the fight to remind members.
-- Style Channels: This is used for "style checks". If a staff member says "Move down to your styles", you should join the channel corresponding to the style you are using in-game. This is so the staff can get a general idea of how many members are using which styles.
RuneScape: If you're just playing RuneScape and there isn't an event going on.
Event Room: This is for non-PvP and non-RuneScape events.
Music Channel: If you're listening to music and don't want to be disturbed. Music can also be played publicly here.
Other Games: Other games such as Travian, Age of Empires or anything else.
Personal Channels: For members' personal channels - hang out with friends here.
AFK: If you're not around, join this one. Your microphone/sound will automatically be muted.

[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Live Text Chat Backup]
http://qwebirc.swiftirc.net/?channels=%23wg_lobby

http://www.wildernessguardians.com/smf/index.php?topic=5174
[/spoiler]
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

Updated with some info about how to install taken from the previous TS Guide
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

Password updated. Please do not give this out to random people.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Jrkd

i send dates to ph and cd is this ok? they asked nicely

Flames377

Quote from: Jrkd on July 06, 2013, 07:12:02 AM
i send dates to ph and cd is this ok? they asked nicely

Exiled rip cunt

YumYumMix

get it mojo
thx no wounder i couldnt connect lol

Mojo

Ts address updated.

As ever, be careful who you give this to.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

added the current backup we are using
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mami Tomoei

flames gave me the channel address before i got accepted =[

I encourage you all to not give ts channel unless they are clanmates.

Flames377

Quote from: Mami Tomoei on September 17, 2013, 09:08:31 AM
flames gave me the channel address before i got accepted =[

I encourage you all to not give ts channel unless they are clanmates.
I asked jesse before i did....

Mojo

There is now a new password
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Ronmanola

I assume this means no leaking to clan friends such as grodom, teatime, bobcat, lmao welfare etc?

Mojo

Quote from: Ronmanola on April 30, 2014, 05:33:03 PM
I assume this means no leaking to clan friends such as grodom, teatime, bobcat, lmao welfare etc?
as the original post says, ask a staff member first and use common sense (i.e. you wouldnt give it to CD).
Since you're a staff member then you're obviously free to give it to trusted people.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

geoff_7th

Mojo

Another new TS pass.

Another remind: don't share it with random people.
If you do, you risk being banned or temp banned from TS.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Timbo Tannk

Hi i'm fairly new to this clan WG and I can't get onto teamspeak because of the recent pw update. ign is osrstimbo.. i tried to add a rank but non seem to be on or private on friends. thank you
PS my last username was Ending Fate, it is now OSRS Timbo

geoff_7th

Read the whole topic all your problems will be solved

Mojo

Password hasnt been changed in a while so it is now updated, check the first post for it.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Mojo

New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I CE Y

Mojo

Password updated. Please don't give it to DP this time whoever it was :fp: