• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

SQL help

Started by Coach, December 01, 2012, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coach

Does any one here know how to write mysql? I have a huge final to do and i suck at it really bad. Im willing to pay someone via paypal if they can do this for me.

btraill

Depends... What course is it? Do you have the coursename? What kind of things will you be needing to do/what was covered in the content of your course? I have extensive knowledge with MySQL, PHPMyAdmin, queries, etc... But if it's ALL based on writing, maybe not.

Mojo

I'm doing a basic SQL course too, I can try help out if you want but I think btraill has much more experience.
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

Coach

Here is exactly what my assignment is.
Your final will be to create a database driven version of hangman.  All work is due by 12/4/2012.

You'll need to have at least 3 users that login.  This means that you'll need a login screen and a backend form to register users.

The game itself should have the words randomly generated from a database.  The word database should contain at least 10 words.

Each time an incorrect letter is guessed the drawing should change.  Incorrect letters should be displayed in a box at the bottom of the screen.

How to submit your work.

This should be a live site hosted on your own server or on a free hosting service.  Send me an email that contains:

1.     the a link to your site

2.     the 3 user names and passwords

3.     a compressed file of all your work including your .sql files

Coach

I'm trying to catch up on all work up to the final at this point. I kinda just quit doing stuff for the class about half way through. I made a data base and its quiere but I don't know how to extract the data out of it to save it and submit it any help here would be great.

btraill

That's a pretty big assignment and I'm just about to head out.

This webpage may contain a decent amount of info that will help: (Contains database tables/examples for a Hangman game)

http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/apache_mod/59.htm

Coach

Quote from: btraill on December 01, 2012, 10:24:19 PM
That's a pretty big assignment and I'm just about to head out.

This webpage may contain a decent amount of info that will help: (Contains database tables/examples for a Hangman game)

http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/apache_mod/59.htm
Thanks for the website that may help. If you can find any time before tuseday at midnight to do it i will be willing to pay you via paypal.

Also how do i just export a data base so i can submit my work.

btraill

Export as in just save as a .sql file? How are you doing this? In the assignment it said to use a hosting account -- is that what you are using? If so, most hosting admin panels include a MySQL option where you can see all your tables. There should be a button to export any of them into a .sql file.

Coach

right now im doing back assignments and im just in mysql 5.5 command line client.

btraill

Well.. Exporting via SSH or a command line try this:

mysqldump -u USERNAMEHERE -p PASSWORDHERE DATABASE > FILENAMEHERE.sql

Make sure the user you are using/logging in has root or high enough permissions to read/write from the current database or table you are working in.

Coach

yeah i thought it was the mysqldump command as well but it is not working. I keep getting an error to check my syntax

RobbieThe1st

Do you have access to PHPMyAdmin? You can use that to export DB to various types of files, including to sql commands.
It'll dump your DB including 'CREATE TABLE' commands, and the data as 'INSERT's.

Also, if you happen to catch me on IRC, just PM me. I'm always willing to offer advice.

Also, I'll point out that -- despite being an 'expert', it'd take me a day or two to make that. It's not the simplest assignment.

One thing you might want to try is downloading EasyPHP, and installing it - You would then have a local server you can use to prototype things, mess around. It comes with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and some other stuff to make things easy.
You would also(if you wanted) grab the portable version of it, install on a flash drive, and turn it in as a full 'site on a drive' - run the .exe file, go to http://127.0.0.1:8080 or w/e.

I am left handed, and proud of it! (Mostly)Retired from RuneScape.
Old forum posts: 2275(s4+s10+wg.com)+2233(z6)+770(wg.com IPB) Total: 5278
Join date: 4/16/05 | Get Firefox 6 now: http://www.getfirefox.com