• Welcome to The Wilderness Guardians - OSRS Clan - PvP, PvM and More - OSRS Mobile Clans.

Precision - Film Intro

Started by Vio, December 15, 2012, 01:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vio

As part of my Media Studies course in college, I get to make the opening scenes of a TV program/film.
Precision is an action/sci-fi feature-length film, think of a Matrix meets Universal Soldier sort of thing.
The final cut is two minutes long, but I've also done a director's cut which is 5, and includes a title sequence.
I decided I might as well share what I have for the director's cut, and see what the response is.

Synopsis: The year is 2081. Earth's two major powers have been at war for decades: the World Government - an organisation which controls the majority of Earth's 8 billion inhabitants, and the Syndicate - an anarchist group focusing in the development of advanced weapons technology. When Government intelligence officer James Gatestone accidentally uncovers information about an inside plot that threatens the safety of him and his entire family, he suddenly finds himself at the top of the Government's most wanted list. His only hope is to gain access to the Syndicate's Precision technology - a system of implants which allow him to shoot down bullets even as they fly towards him - in the hopes of challenging the Government, saving the lives of himself and his loved ones, and uncovering the truth...

The film begins around halfway through the plot, where James reaches the Syndicate and is granted the process of Precision. After the title sequence it goes back to one year previously for half the film, and the conclusion follows in the second half. Neither of which I have managed to complete as of yet, partially because I am a 19 year old college student as opposed to being Christopher Nolan.

THINGS TO FOCUS ON:
- Concepts. Having one person play three different roles, etc etc. - orginality right?
- Directing. I did all the camera work. Dutch tilt.
- Production and editing (minus the lack of motion tracking to stabilise some shots). The title sequence is my pride and joy - made entirely in Sony Vegas without any sort of template.

THINGS NOT TO FOCUS ON:
- Acting. These are college students, not actors.
- Mise en scene. It's a college, and this was done on zero budget. I did what I could with what I had.
- Dialogue. The majority of the script was done in 45 minutes of a maths lesson. Some of it I'm OK with, other bits... meh.

There are two RuneScape references. Bonus points to whoever gets them.

My questions: After seeing that, what are your thoughts? And would you watch the full film?

Bonus. If anyone wants to be on the DVD cover, sum up your thoughts in a 5-10 word sentence (Make it sound awesome) and add your full name and place of work (e.g. "Holy shit Keanu is amazing" Eugene Marshall, Royal College of Music). You never know, this film could be the next Matrix or some other impossible unlikely stuff.

Mojo

gatestone, idk the other rs reference
New WG Forums

[spoiler]

[spoiler=Awards and Older Sigs]

[/spoiler]

His Lordship

BeeBee

Guessing, Gatestone and "The Syndicate"
Here since 2010 - Retired in 2013

Goodwill is no easy symbol of good wishes. It is an immeasurable and tremendous energy, the atomic energy of the spirit.

Disclaimer: Most things I say are either sarcastic or dark humour, don't take what I say seriously.

Vio

Quote from: Panda|Vulcan on December 16, 2012, 10:54:13 AM
Guessing, Gatestone and "The Syndicate"

Correct. If there's one thing Tukuruk91 could do right, it's come up with cool names.